MMA Thread

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Haha.

The old adage everyone loses in MMA has reared its ugly head again. (Silva has lost obviously but not in UFC and has never been KO'd)

What a goddamned fucking idiot though. There is no reason Silva couldnt have won that fight by a clean decision, or perhaps even hurt Weidman and finished him. But instead he goes overboard with taunting and costs himself the belt. As much as he can try and act like he doesnt care, he must be upset. Dana White is probably laughing to be honest. He never liked Silva's taunting bullshit and has said in the past that Silva should give that act a rest as it has caused boring fights, and now produced a loss.

Kudos to Weidman though for capitalizing. A lot of lesser dudes couldnt find the mark when Silva hotdogged it, but he did.

At least we will get exciting, intriguing match-ups in that division now with such a young, powerful striker champion. Think of it, he could fight Belfort, Rockhold, or even fucking Hector Lombard. How badass would a Weidman Lombard fight be?

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure he did, I just think it kinda all sounds and looks a bit odd to me.
I thought the same shit after Penn/Edgar I, turns out people just go down hill fast. Who knows, maybe Silva will still be a beast or he'll go down like Penn and Fedor.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
A well deserved win against a man so full of himself he couldn't take the threat in front of him serious. With a real dose of reality, Silva should just vacate the division, go do his boxing thing against RJJ or go fight in the Light Heavyweight division before coming back to middleweight.

Also, I don't know if this is true, but I just read that Weidman had not signed a new contract yet, so with this win, his negotiation status has probably increased in his favor.

Renault

N00b
Guys that win a belt pretty much always negotiate a new contract right away because the UFC wants them happy and doesn't want media stories about belt holders fighting for 24k/24k etc.

The nice thing about Silva losing, if he is serious about being done with 185 or at least the title, is that it opens up a ton of really compelling match ups and fights. Belfort deserves and would likely get the title shot v Weidman, Jacare is fighting Okami and then you have a huge round robin of potential fights between Rockhold, Kennedy, Bisping and Munoz. Whats even more interesting is the guys that might move down to MW now including Machida since Silva isn't the champ as well as Rashad, Mousassi, and Chael could drop back down as well.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Will one of you clever fucks make a Anderson knows meme or gif. I need a laugh this morning.

Arakkis

N00b
Am I the only one here that thinks Silva was just sick of being champion? He clearly said he wasn't interested in a rematch after the fight and has enough money now to never have to worry about making more. He has spent a lot of time away from his family training to defend the belt and has a new gym that he talks about in every interview. I'm not saying he threw the fight exactly, but I don't think he was trying to win that fight either.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Can we all agree that the best part about last night is that we are one GSP loss away from exciting title fights at 185 or 170 for the first time in 5 years? I can appreciate how skilled they both are but I stopped watching the UFC because I was sick of Anderson being an asshole with no chance of losing and GSP's snore fest fights made me want to see him get hit by a truck.

ezcw_sl

shitlord
Am I the only one here that thinks Silva was just sick of being champion? He clearly said he wasn't interested in a rematch after the fight and has enough money now to never have to worry about making more. He has spent a lot of time away from his family training to defend the belt and has a new gym that he talks about in every interview. I'm not saying he threw the fight exactly, but I don't think he was trying to win that fight either.
It's passive aggressive butthurt.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I also don't think he threw the fight, but I would definitely attribute it more to him not really caring than him being so cocky.

Even though I don't think he threw the fight, the hook that sent him to the ground looked like it barely had anything on it. Obviously there was plenty of sauce on the shots he took while he was on his back though.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Anderson dances around with his hands down and wins for years= omg hes the goat
Anderson dances around with his hands down and loses= clearly doesnt care anymore

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Even though I don't think he threw the fight, the hook that sent him to the ground looked like it barely had anything on it. Obviously there was plenty of sauce on the shots he took while he was on his back though.
The angle that was televised and in most of the gifs doesn't look so bad, but there's another side angle that makes the knockdown hook look pretty vicious.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anderson dances around with his hands down and wins for years= omg hes the goat
Anderson dances around with his hands down and loses= clearly doesnt care anymore
What he was doing last night was way beyond the typical dancing around with his hands down, stop being a faggot.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
He was being dangerously cocky with a higher caliber fighter than the guys he has fought in previous years. I didn't pick Weidman because I can't stand Silva or anything like that. I love watching him fight and root for him 9 times out of 10. I picked Weidman because he's an intelligent fighter and he's one of the new guys that are on a different level than your average top 5 contender over the past few years. With all that said, I will still pick him again if they have a rematch. Silva will probably take that fight more seriously than this last one but I still don't see him winning again Weidman.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I picked Weidman in this fight, but I'd take Silva in a rematch.

Edit: Just watched it again, and I don't even buy that Anderson didn't care. He was dead serious until about 3 minutes into the 1st round, after the take down and ground and pound. I think he got hurt, and decided it was time to get in Weidman's head. I think he got hurt again in the 2nd round, and then got caught with the hook. He didn't throw this fight, and he was trying to knock Weidman out.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Was I the only one that thought it was hilarious that Silva did the entire interview in english after the initial question was translated? After how many fucking interviews where we had to suffer through that bullshit.

As far as the fight, he acted like a clown and got clowned. He really needed to get punished for doing that bullshit so I'm glad it finally happened. We can only hope he comes back only interested in destroying his opponents.