MMA Thread

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I hate you tuco I gots the viruses from that link
frown.png

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Davis/Machida is WAY more even than I thought. Machida is definitely winning but Phil's striking has massively improved, and he is mixing up his takedowns great. Its just a shame he is up against Lyoto who has monster TDD. Great fight though, Phil is finally coming into his own.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Davis/Machida is WAY more even than I thought. Machida is definitely winning but Phil's striking has massively improved, and he is mixing up his takedowns great. Its just a shame he is up against Lyoto who has monster TDD. Great fight though, Phil is finally coming into his own.
Yeah Davis actually looked pretty good striking wise in that fight. He's going nothing to be ashamed about.

edit: whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
I can see someone making a case for phil winning that fight, but i certainly didn't see it that way

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was....unexpected...

I gave Davis the first just barely. Second seemed like Machida to me, the one big left should negate the one late takedown, and aside from that Machida landed a few more shots. 3rd was clearly Machida.

It's not the worst decision we've seen by a long shot, but sure looked like Machida should have won 29-28.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Props to Machida for having the balls to call the Judges out on their bullshit. Dana is probably thrilled now that he can avoid giving Machida a title shot for another a year or two.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
That was....unexpected...

I gave Davis the first just barely. Second seemed like Machida to me, the one big left should negate the one late takedown, and aside from that Machida landed a few more shots. 3rd was clearly Machida.

It's not the worst decision we've seen by a long shot, but sure looked like Machida should have won 29-28.
See, this is where it got muddy then. Sammiel and I in IRC scored the first for Machida, 2nd for Davis, 3rd for Machida.

Nothar

Molten Core Raider
Wow. That was a crap decision. Davis did very little damage on his feet and the 2 takedowns didnt do much damage on the ground either. I do not see how you give 2 rounds to Davis there. I can see giving him round 2, but rounds 1 and 3 were clearly Machida in my opinion. No home country judging thats for sure.

Maybe its a good thing though as I would not be interested in watching Machida get destroyed by Bones Jones again.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
And I can guarantee you everyone gave Machida the third, cause yeah. The first/second were fairly evenish, Lyoto did have his big flurry in the first but Phil also had the TD, and some decent G/P. I definitely gave it to Lyoto 30/27 but in extreme "I hate Machida's fighting style"-case, I can see Rounds 1 and 2 for Phil....

Sad really, cause Phil looked better than he ever has, but he didn't deserve that win.