MMA Thread

Xeldar

Silver Squire
I'm a new Korean Zombie fan (lol at making him come out to Cranberries Zombie, like this is balls tit hilarious fighting to an existential angst pity puddle song). The moxie to try to pop your god damn shoulder back in, without grimacing and being kicked at... Holy monkey testicles that was bad ass, and just when Aldo had awoken the Zombie terror, too.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
So, this is why Aldo wasn't throwing leg kicks last night. I'm surprised no one caught it live:

pe-aldo.jpg

BQ1XAQVCUAAuJeQ.jpg

BQ1XPUHCcAAjXjC.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Well that makes sense. Kz could've pulled it off. Sucks when bad luck ruins a good fight

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That foot looks like it belongs to the thunder guy from Big Trouble in Little Chin right before he exploded.

Davis/Machida judges scores.

njBYVdh.jpg

Blue judge gave Davis the 3rd....what in the fuck?

Also gifs

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
As a massive Machida fan It was pretty awesome reading all the play by play and then the result being announced. I was refreshing 3 or diferent sites and all had it 30 27 machida and then ...

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Machida's performance was retardedly over-rated in the first 2 rounds. He landed like 1 good shot. But I can't fathom how any one didn't give him the 3rd.

Also, this is a KZ shirt that's been available for a while.

tkzshirt.jpg

edit: And this is Aleks having crazy fun in a pool.

QiXHVKo.jpg

Zx88_sl

shitlord
Disappointing how? I liked almost every fight. Was entertaining to me. And you're right, that Boston card is stacked. Hopefully the fighters leave everything in the cage. Nothing worse than seeing a bunch of high level fighters playing it safe and just trying to eek out wins. Fuck you Zuffa and your fucked up pay system. More guaranteed $$ = more exciting fights, imho ;-)

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Machida fight was boring, Aldo fight was boring until the end of round 3 and into round 4. Shit, they were all pretty boring except for that crazy leg triangle sub, the old man's quick KO and Uncle Creepy.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the two big fights were pretty boring. I expected that from the Davis/Machida fight but I was pretty excited by KZ/Aldo.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Give it to me, I'll wear it for the month.
Nah, I'll cope.

By the way, WSOF 4 is on tonight, NBC Sports Network. Set your DVR, there's some interesting stuff.

Tyrone Spong's second MMA fight, and since they are smart it's with a guy that will stand and bang.

Ray Sefo, president of the org and K-1 legend, fighting a guy with a 20-5 record that will also stand and bang.

Tyson Griffin vs. Gesias Cavalcante(where the fuck did we ever get JZ Calvan from?). Hey, remember when we all thought JZ was one of the best 155 guy in the world? Jesus did the wheels come off that train...

Nick "That dude with 1 arm" Newell is fighting, and it doesn't appear to be a squash match. I've seenKeon Caldwellin highlights, seems like a badass.

Jorge "Can't fight for shit in the Octagon, can't lose outside it" Santiago vs. Gerald "Why the fuck was he cut?" Harris.

And just real quick on the WSOF: Josh Burkman needs to be back in the UFC as soon as his contract is up=P He's whooping ass over there. Fought on their first three cards, decision over Harris, nice KO over Aaron Simpson, and that absolute demolition of Jon Fitch.