MMA Thread

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No shit. They go for years without fighting and Dana still just gives them marquee fights whenever they "want a fight".

After seeing what happened with Wideman and Hall, with his leg snapping, It made me think back to McGregor vs Porier 2. At the time everyone was talking about how effective the leg kick to the calf/lower leg is, and how it has turned into a devastating strike in MMA. On many levels it is, but then the Hall check happened and it opened a lot of eyes to the RISK of throwing the kick. Black Beast said he is never throwing another leg kick again lol. He was probably fucking around, but I bet a lot of guys are going to think a little harder about throwing and checking leg kicks.

For instance, check out Rodtang and his work to the opponents legs. Now Muay Thai is much different than MMA, but we can still get relevant evidence of how it can be utilized correctly.

Rodtang is probably a top 5 striker in the world right now, but even then, using him as an example here shows--like in the McGregor Porier fight--How FAST those kicks can effect the fight.

He landed 12 of them 2 minutes in and the guy was basically already done. (Again Muay Thai by nature is much different than MMA, and more kicks are thrown) His opponent is tough as fuck and should get credit for how much damage he absorbed, but he only checked like 3 out of 17 or 18 leg kicks. This Rodtang example along with Porier, is probably the best showcase of how effective the move is, and the Wideman Hall fight shows how treacherous it can be if your not careful.

Liam Harrison is an animal, I saw the guy throw 3 leg kicks in a row rapid fire. I just wonder if more MMA fighters will start to incorporate the leg kick into their game, or if they will instead be hesitant as they dont want to shatter their fucking leg. Is it worth it? Rodtang basically risks his leg almost 70 times per fight.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Translation: Never gonna happen

UFC legend Daniel Cormier wants to take on Jake Paul but with one stipulation: their fight has to be in the cage instead of the boxing ring.

Cormier, who was a broadcaster for UFC 261, was seen getting into a bit of a tiff with Paul during the event. Paul was fresh off a victory over former MMA fighter Ben Askren to move to 3-0 in his professional boxing career.

Cormier explained to ESPN what the whole ordeal was about.

"There are a lot of things that I can handle in my life. One, is like I feel like this guy’s being like that, disrespectful, talking in a way that I don’t feel he would do to my face. I can’t deal with that. So I was sitting at the table and somebody was like, ‘Jake Paul’s here.’ So I look behind me and he’s like making faces at me and waving at me. I’m like, ‘What in the world is happening?’"

The former UFC heavyweight champion said he insisted on taking a break to confront Paul and claimed the YouTube star only stated to talk back once security came around. Cormier admitted he wanted to "grab his face" but if the situation would have escalated he would have gotten in trouble.

Cormier said he doesn’t really want to fight Paul, but will only do it in a mixed martial arts bout.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
imo, this is strategic, jake paul is 20year younger and like 5 weight classes less than DC and his experience seems largely based on a standard boxing ring.

DC knows he probably can't "cut off the ring" with paul or paul could probably really use it cuz he's younger, fitter, etc

whereas in the octagon all you can really do is circle strafe...

it's not like we'll ever see this again
rPGLUj.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rhonda Rousey was like Babe Ruth. Yeah, she hit a lot of dingers for her time, but she looked awkward as fuck doing it and probably wouldn't make a triple AAA team in the modern era. I think she just had retard strength and used it on a bunch of opponents that were scared. Then, you have Rogan and the UFC hype machine propping her up as the best of all time... lul

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Rhonda Rousey was like Babe Ruth. Yeah, she hit a lot of dingers for her time, but she looked awkward as fuck doing it and probably wouldn't make a triple AAA team in the modern era. I think she just had retard strength and used it on a bunch of opponents that were scared. Then, you have Rogan and the UFC hype machine propping her up as the best of all time... lul
I mean she medaled at the olympics in judo so it's more than that, but she never really rounded out her skillset and it showed later on.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

D.C. would get knocked out-- I think Jake can adapt to cage boxing. But he calls the shots. He doesn't need D.C.

Can you get boxing sanctioning in a cage? Doubtful. It's not official boxing if its not a ring.

How about D.C. shut his fat mouth and step in the ring instead?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Maybe Jake Paul should challenge Venus Williams or Lance Armstrong to a boxing match?? He's such a fucking cheesedick.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I mean she medaled at the olympics in judo so it's more than that, but she never really rounded out her skillset and it showed later on.
It's because she was so arrogant she refused to get a new coach to help with her terrible striking. She stayed with the coach who was just awful.