MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Isnt Fabia the guy who claimed that Diego was gonna kill a guy in the octagon if he executed the "death choke" he taught him? LMAO.

What a fucking piece of garbage Fabia is. He will never get another opportunity to work in the MMA world again. In any worthwhile capacity anyway. The guy is clearly an idiot, and a a manipulator, but then goes on to trash Diego after everything? True shit bag.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Did no one watch Fight Night this past weekend? Nothing particularly thrilling except the Rothwell v Barnett fight being fucking hilarious to watch. I was pretty disappointed in the Font v Garbrandt fight though. I haven't gotten to see any live Garbrandt fights since I started watching ~2 years ago and have been looking forward to watching him fight since I saw his fight vs Cruz. I haven't seen enough from the guy to really say this confidently, but he just seems like the type of guy that survives off the rage in his belly and it doesn't seem like it's there anymore?

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Did no one watch Fight Night this past weekend? Nothing particularly thrilling except the Rothwell v Barnett fight being fucking hilarious to watch. I was pretty disappointed in the Font v Garbrandt fight though. I haven't gotten to see any live Garbrandt fights since I started watching ~2 years ago and have been looking forward to watching him fight since I saw his fight vs Cruz. I haven't seen enough from the guy to really say this confidently, but he just seems like the type of guy that survives off the rage in his belly and it doesn't seem like it's there anymore?
i've said b4, garbrandt only looked good against cruz cuz THE ENTIRE ALPHA MALE TEAM are comprised of everyone that lost to dom, so cody had the best training prep against a fighter

• 1Like

Goatface

I haven't seen enough from the guy to really say this confidently, but he just seems like the type of guy that survives off the rage in his belly and it doesn't seem like it's there anymore?
after getting ko'd 3 times in a row, he tried to be more controlled or something, but basically turned into a punching bag.

View attachment 355182

UFC has definitely moved on. No offer of pay above a LHW title defense.

This was as of Thursday during a UFC meeting. That's a wrap.

if i understand, he would get $5m plus points. which the ufc says could be like $15m.

i like to see him fright francis, as it is right now, will be Francis/Lewis, if Lewis wins, will be intermediate rematch, or will get Francis/Stipe 3, which i don't really want to see. Stipe needs another fight before a rematch. especially if goes up to 260.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
if i understand, he would get $5m plus points. which the ufc says could be like $15m.

i like to see him fright francis, as it is right now, will be Francis/Lewis, if Lewis wins, will be intermediate rematch, or will get Francis/Stipe 3, which i don't really want to see. Stipe needs another fight before a rematch. especially if goes up to 260.

Jones stipulation is guaranteed money wasn't it? That's why Dana is calling it Deontay Wilder money I believe due to the demand for up front money.

I would guess Jones wants either 10-15m guaranteed. Didn't Dana say "that's not how we do business" pertaining to Jones? Or was this about another fighter.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, UFC is notorious for being cheap with it's top fighters. Jones hasn't really done himself any favors though.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Isnt Fabia the guy who claimed that Diego was gonna kill a guy in the octagon if he executed the "death choke" he taught him? LMAO.

What a fucking piece of garbage Fabia is. He will never get another opportunity to work in the MMA world again. In any worthwhile capacity anyway. The guy is clearly an idiot, and a a manipulator, but then goes on to trash Diego after everything? True shit bag.

I mean, it's like one thing if it's just...fucking drama.

But to talk about him being an addict, taking kratom, etc?

Now I don't know if he's ever going to fight again, but imagine him trying to get a fight somewhere that actually tests. Anyone who actually tests (LOL) will test him hardcore, LOL.

If Fabia isn't completely fucking blackballed in MMA circles, then I'm going to have a LOT of fucking questions, LOL

Jozu

What a scum bucket.

Someone needs to do a death grip on him.

• 1Like

Jozu

Do you guys think that a fighter who takes more damage, ala someone like Cowboy, is more prone to walking away with brain injury/CTE, rather than someone like, say Usman who doesnt take much damage at all?

I know it sounds obvious, but there isnt any solid proof that is the case. Maybe there is if you factor in football, and look what happened with a guy like Seau. And then you look at Aaron Rodgers, who has had almost just as long a career, but got hit significantly less, and he seems like he will retire in good health.

I just wonder if it will ultimately come down to:

In MMA you are bound to get CTE just by the very nature of the sport.

or

In MMA you arent bound to get CTE unless you take a lot of punishment due to an entertaining/active/brawler fighting style.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Do you guys think that a fighter who takes more damage... is more prone to walking away with brain injury/CTE?

I know it sounds obvious, but there isnt any solid proof that is the case.

It's in the name - Chronic traumatic encephalopathy. Less head trauma is better and more is worse.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
CTE primarily arises from Boxing and Football. MMA is significantly lower risk for CTE because a headkick KO doesn't rattle your brain around nearly as much as the constant low grade impacts you receive in boxing and football. Hell even slapping someone's helmet during a celebration is contributing to the problem cause you slap a helmet a helluva lot harder than you'd slap a bare head.

Which is not to say a career brawler like Diego hasn't developed CTE. He's had very unsafe training practices in addition to all the fights that went to decision.

Last edited:

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Dana coming out and saying that Diego is welcome to give him a call anytime was pretty decent of him.

Jon Jones getting a new 'advisor'...will it make a difference?

Sounds like Bones is gonna cave LOL

Goatface

CTE primarily arises from Boxing and Football. MMA is significantly lower risk for CTE because a headkick KO doesn't rattle your brain around nearly as much as the constant low grade impacts you receive in boxing and football. Hell even slapping someone's helmet during a celebration is contributing to the problem cause you slap a helmet a helluva lot harder than you'd slap a bare head.

Which is not to say a career brawler like Diego hasn't developed CTE. He's had very unsafe training practices in addition to all the fights that went to decision.

isn't the big issue with MMA fighter is all the sparring? know several big names have stopped or are really limited now.

missed this from the other day
1622236499916.png

Derrick Lewis thinks Stipe Miocic is done fighting after his KO loss to Francis Ngannou.

Jozu

Did he mumble when he was younger? Like is there roll of him doing interviews after his first UFC fight?

He has this weird speech quick talking pattern by default, but I wonder how bad it is if he did get worse over time.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
If. Stioope was waling around with a croatian translater, i d think his mumbles were that, or he s a white rapper

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Shogun is also looking at the possibility of Diego status due to his time at Chuteboxe and length of career being Diego-esque.