MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So if a tree falls on top of you in a forest and starts pounding you out, does it really make a sound if Herb Dean isn't around for the late stoppage?

...or something

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol.

how do you get stopped by a tree.

My old boss used to participate in competitive lumberjacking. its pretty wild. Up high on a harness cutting wood.

Goatface

was looking at bigjohn's twitter, said the tree did kick back. last week someone tagged him to look at this clip

Jozu

That gif should be about Herb Dean being late to stop a fight again, but in slo mo.

Goatface

future odds
1622504657546.png

Jozu

But....why? This is just turning into Jake Paul making a mockery of washed up MMA fighters while simultaneously making a ton of money with little actual risk.

Woodley has looked FUCKING AWFUL recently. He isnt an esteemed striker by any stretch of anyone's imagination. He should at least fight a "striker". He is obviously navigating the waters very cautiously. He should ne fighting Mayweather not his brother.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
It's a disgrace for combat sports but I'd be doing the same thing in Paul's shoes. He's making a lifetime's worth of money with this bullshit, and if he's successful maybe several lifetimes'. Blame the people who buy his PPV.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Embarrassment or not, I wouldn't be surprised if Askren made more money off that first round KO against Paul than he did from his entire MMA career.

Jozu

Embarrassment or not, I wouldn't be surprised if Askren made more money off that first round KO against Paul than he did from his entire MMA career.

You think so? Even his UFC stint? His ENTIRE career though? That would be insane if true and an embarrassment for MMA.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You think so? Even his UFC stint? His ENTIRE career though? That would be insane if true and an embarrassment for MMA.
He only fought for the UFC 3 times, before that he was fighting for OneFC and Bellator. If the UFC is notorious for underpaying their fighters, I have to assume the pay at a smaller, less prestigious organization is even worse.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
But....why? This is just turning into Jake Paul making a mockery of washed up MMA fighters while simultaneously making a ton of money with little actual risk.
pretty sure the angle is woodly is/was askrens training partner gym buddy