MMA Thread

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He just fucking....rolled up on his own fucking leg. Do you guys think his nerve was fucked again? That was one of the most bizarre broken legs I have ever seen. What a fucking bummer. 4th fight?

Its like he didnt lift his foot to stop it from rolling, he just continued backing up and when he put weight on it, it went snap.

Animosity

He had to of cracked it with a kick and that step back finished the break. Yikes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Man.

The Conor "experience" is over for me. He is still a highly entertaining fighter, but the MMA gods have just not smiled on him at all since he decided to fight Floyd. Since Floyd all he has done is beat a fucking washed up Cowboy.

But, to be fair, Dustin might be the second greatest LW in MMA history, and his other loss was to the greatest LW in MMA history, so he has been through the ringer. Even if he didnt break his own shit I think Dustin would have ended up finishing him in the second. Imagine unleashing Porier in a street fight, that guy could kick your leg to tatters, knock you out with his fists, or choke you unconscious. he is a scary fucking guy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Man.

The Conor "experience" is over for me. He is still a highly entertaining fighter, but the MMA gods have just not smiled on him at all since he decided to fight Floyd. Since Floyd all he has done is beat a fucking washed up Cowboy.

But, to be fair, Dustin might be the second greatest LW in MMA history, and his other loss was to the greatest LW in MMA history, so he has been through the ringer. Even if he didnt break his own shit I think Dustin would have ended up finishing him in the second. Imagine unleashing Porier in a street fight, that guy could kick your leg to tatters, knock you out with his fists, or choke you unconscious. he is a scary fucking guy.

Beyond that, he's possibly looking at major surgery and another long layoff.

How does Conor get excited about fighting a guy ranked #8 in the division to work his way back up to the title? How does Dana sell that as a money fight to get everyone in the room?

Conor's career doesn't have a clear path forward in combat sports. Will he stay fit enough to be a Nate Diaz with a bigger paycheck? I don't think so.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Whats fucked up is Conor came out and did what he was supposed to IMO. He switched up the way he approached the last fight, being very aggressive and taking it to Dustin, even winning the leg kick battle. Dustins hands are just so heavy, he is in phenomenal shape and can take punishment. I watched Gaethje just fucking destroy his legs and mash his face up, and Porier still fucking stopped him. Dustin is just a way better fighter than people give him credit for.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Jozu

Omg that was worse than I thought. For fucks sake he is done for a LOOONG time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
dayem, that looks like he is done. I didn't watch tonight so anything worth checking a replay on?

Jozu

Hardy KO loss doing Thanos gauntlet was lol, but honestly this wasnt that great of a card IMO. The Conor leg fiasco kind of sucked the air out of the entire event. Wonderboy fight was dog water.

• 2Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Conor was the biggest star the sport had ever seen (and how special was he at the height of his abilities), but Dustin has the opportunity to cement his legacy as the second best lightweight ever.

• 2Like

babo

Golden Knight of the Realm
After Connor fought Floyd his career went to shit. Floyd warned him too and said a lot of fighters that get too much money for the first time ends up destroying them and it was up to him to be smart with that money. Connor partied too hard and became fragile, unmotivated, and less hungry. Who knows where he would be right now if he never fought Floyd. UFC is over for him at this point.
Maybe boxing Jake Paul is his best bet.

• 2Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Committing Kris Moutinho to memory for facetanking every shot
View attachment 361875
Sean-OMalley-vs-Kris-Moutinho.jpg

Edit - looks like he gets the fight of the night bonus too

Last edited:
  • 1Like