MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the faggot ass fighters always call for banning oblique/teep kicks whenever they see someone like jones do it so effortlessly

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I've had six knee surgeries and I'd be terrified of that kick, but I just don't see the basis for banning it in MMA. There's no shortage of ways to inflict career-ending injury, and the entire sport is a game of bodily integrity chicken. It may be "too easy", but that just means that we're seeing reasons that the approach to standup has to change.

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Slo-mo showed that the kick landed while the other leg was off the ground. It was so powerful it forced his leg back down and sideways. Nothing wrong with that.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It may be "too easy", but that just means that we're seeing reasons that the approach to standup has to change.

This. That's what I just said to my buddy is 10 years ago this move wouldn't be viable or possible. It's due to the current state of standup in MMA.

The teeps and oblique kicks are here because of the current pace, foot work, and engagement in striking.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That oblique kick was fucking PERFECTLY timed. Timed it precisely when all his weight would be on the front foot. Sucks that it basically shattered his entire knee, but that's the game..

This Paddy faggot should be a fun dude to hate. I hope they give him a bigger name next time. His chin placement is fucking terrible and he's going to get slept big time once he faces some actual hitters.

Till is fucking trash. He squeaked out a decision to Gastellum and that's fucking it in his last 4 fights. He also lost to fucking Woodley, who we know is terrible. How the fuck is this kid ranked #7?

Goatface

mirror
1630875878844.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Till is sucking someone off in the UFC leadership.

Paddy The Baddy has talked so much shit already, he literally has to flatline everyone they put in front of him or else he wont live up to HIS OWN hype. I am impressed by the fact that he seems to have pretty effective striking while also being a major threat on the ground. And he isnt just boxing, he is throwing all kinds of kicks, mixing it up.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Till is NUW WUN now that THE BADDEEE is here luhds.

He looks like a middle century friar on lsd.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I am dubious that you could actually train for 9 weeks and then fight on a fully torn ACL. And honestly, why the fuck would you? Being a tough guy with a torn ACL just means you will get your ass beat.

• 1Truth!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I am dubious that you could actually train for 9 weeks and then fight on a fully torn ACL. And honestly, why the fuck would you? Being a tough guy with a torn ACL just means you will get your ass beat.

Till is just finding excuses for why he sucks ass. A solid left hand does not a fighter make.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
My first BJJ coach was a 5x world/3x ADCC champion and hasn't had an ACL in either knee for ~10 years (confirmed by orthopedist during meniscus surgery). He was in such good shape that his muscle tension was sufficient to keep his knee stable enough that it didn't bother him.

I fully expect that his legs will fall off when he hits middle age and is in anything less than peak human condition.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My first BJJ coach was a 5x world/3x ADCC champion and hasn't had an ACL in either knee for ~10 years (confirmed by orthopedist during meniscus surgery). He was in such good shape that his muscle tension was sufficient to keep his knee stable enough that it didn't bother him.

I fully expect that his legs will fall off when he hits middle age and is in anything less than peak human condition.

same for my shoulder separation. as long as i stay in shape its not an issue. take 1-2 years off, becomes a stability problem and has to be reworked over again to build muscle tension back up around it. went through the cycle a few times already. avoided surgery was in a sling for weeks, i was lucky to have access to some GH in my early 20s and hit it hard with site injects as close as i felt comfortable to the shoulder area mostly thru the front and lateral delt split. wouldnt have the balls to do that by myself in my 30s but no fucking way i was getting shoulder surgery. probably hands down the most painful procedure you can get with the nastiest recovery.

my doc used to cry during visits from pain after shoulder surgery he had. and thats with localized pain control pump. i swore then i aint gettin no shoulder surgery. this was a ex football tough dude. just broken from the pain eyes watering at his practice all day.

Goatface

Sources told ESPN's Marc Raimondi that the UFC wanted Steveson to gain experience on the regional MMA scene before potentially bringing him onto Dana White's Contender Series to compete for a contract. The formula would have been similar to what the UFC did with former NFL All-Pro Greg Hardy. But Steveson said, "We never talked about that, so I have no clue."

seems like the press would been worth throwing a few unranked fights his way.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
He's a crazy wrestler and athlete. There aren't many on his level, the only one I can think of is Nick Suriano and that guy is small and comes off as nuts. Gable seems normalish.