MMA Thread

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Those title fights were so damn boring Jesus. The Tavaras fight was the best of the night.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
did cannoneer even want the belt? his post-fight talk with Izzy seemed to indicate no, not at all..............

another "just happy to be here" guy...thanks UFC for the bullshit fight

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This was a bleh card. Seeing Volk improve so much is pretty cool. Joe Rogan wearing a suit was kinda weird. Where the fuck was Dana White for this card?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Did none of you guys watch Volk's last night?

My coworker seriously wanted to bet me $500 that Max takes it and I told him I love Max, but he's fucking crazy. If it was one of the older engineers, I would have taken the bet. But this kid is young and just got married and I know he ain't rich.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
i liked the card. retirement for cowboy, they'll need another anyone anywhere anytime fighter to plug the gaps he's been plugging
munoz better have an insta post showing blood on the eye or he gets lumped into the aljo academy award bucket.
robbie barbar was a great fucking fight, delivered as advertised.
pereira with a ko off the lead hand was good, will be good to see him vs izzy who is a fucking boring champ. wonder if strickland is going to keep talking the same level of shit.
volk was on point, his combos and evasion are top notch, he is dominant and deserves a shot at the lightweight title. for those who hate him, it was a while ago he said he's not getting respect or acknowledgement, so he's taking a leaf out of colbys book and playing the heel. good on him, he's as solid an MMA fighter as you'll see anywhere
and yeah, izzy is a boring champ and / or his opponents are too faked out to take any chances, but still can't deny his skill. they'll fast track pereira at him for sure, they kept showing "knocked out izzy twice in kickboxing" whenever mentioned.

Jozu

Its crazy Adesanya has become a boring point fighter. He needs to get back on the juice.

Poatan is fucking terrifying. Out of all the guys in the UFC, he is the one you wouldnt want to have any problems with. Imagine that dude in a bar fight? Just fucking hooking guys into the shadow realm, sharp knees and brutal headbutts, he could probably clear out the entire room by himself.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
There needs to be penalties for boring ass fights. So, ok, you didn't risk LOSING anything because you fought super-conservatively and your opponent wasn't willing to mindlessly Leroy Jenkins into your defense so you could turn their face into hamburger. But you sure as shit didn't WIN anything, either.

And this isn't even the first time with Izzy. He's going to be JJ 2.0

At least with boxing, you can be dominant and defend well, while ALSO beating the shit out of someone.

Bottom line...I don't want to see boring fights. And I say that as someone who is willing to watch GSP type shit on the ground.

• 1Solidarity

Goatface

all i wanted to do last night was fast forward to the end, did help me sleep last night.

1656865613238.png

max should have retired last night too.

didn't watch the early prelims, apparently she wants to do pro wrestling
1656865707893.png

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Izzy is like Floyd. I get how technically gifted they are, how quick and accurate etc but fuck are they boring to watch. Pereira looked quick enough to catch him though

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There needs to be penalties for boring ass fights. So, ok, you didn't risk LOSING anything because you fought super-conservatively and your opponent wasn't willing to mindlessly Leroy Jenkins into your defense so you could turn their face into hamburger. But you sure as shit didn't WIN anything, either.

And this isn't even the first time with Izzy. He's going to be JJ 2.0

At least with boxing, you can be dominant and defend well, while ALSO beating the shit out of someone.

Bottom line...I don't want to see boring fights. And I say that as someone who is willing to watch GSP type shit on the ground.

It was painful seeing them get NO warnings for activity on the fence... It's one of the recent ills of the current state of reffing. They've become very complacent and lowered the bar that was previously set from 2008-2015.

Cannoneer was clearly just stalling the inevitable. His activity was not effective. We all know what effective clinch work and busy is.

I hate how complacent the refs have become. Herb 2010-2015 would have broken that up.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
At the end of the day Izzy goes home again with very slight soreness and his opponent goes home with swelling, bruising, and a headache with brain damage.

I don't mind watching the champ coast to victory if the opponent doesn't want to fight. The onus is on his opponent to take the belt. Did he want it? No he didn't.

Listen to Cannoneer's convo with Izzy after the bell. How are you going to blame Izzy for that? He shows up with the belt up for grabs. They aren't even trying.

He'll have to take another fight at 205. There's no other competition right now that anyone wants to see.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
At the end of the day Izzy goes home again with very slight soreness and his opponent goes home with swelling, bruising, and a headache with brain damage.

I don't mind watching the champ coast to victory if the opponent doesn't want to fight. The onus is on his opponent to take the belt. Did he want it? No he didn't.

Listen to Cannoneer's convo with Izzy after the bell. How are you going to blame Izzy for that? He shows up with the belt up for grabs. They aren't even trying.

He'll have to take another fight at 205. There's no other competition right now that anyone wants to see.
Uh did you not see Alex Pereira send Strickland to the moon? You know the only guy to KO Izzy ever? That dude has crazy power for his weight class and has no fear of Izzy.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Uh did you not see Alex Pereira send Strickland to the moon? You know the only guy to KO Izzy ever? That dude has crazy power for his weight class and has no fear of Izzy.

Strickland is a big win and Brazilians bring the fight. But doesn't get me up for another Izzy defense right now. Maybe if Pereira had more depth on his record I'd get up for it.

Jozu

The Izzy being a boring fighter thing is confusing, as when you look at his performance against Costa, you can see he has the potential to be an exciting earner. Poatan is coming for him, its crazy how his bogey man has followed him to the UFC and is most likely going to take his belt.

Has Alex been stopped before? His chin seems like it was good enough to take Adesanya's shots in kickboxing.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Pretty boring night of fights.

Pedro Munhoz is a bitch. The ring finger of O'Malley just slightly caught his eyeball, but really no worse than putting in a contact extra hard or anything. Total acting job once he realized Sugar Sean was starting to figure him out.

Max looked off as hell. Don't get me wrong, Volk is a total monster for that division, but Max looked slower than dogshit. I leaned over and told my buddy about 2-3 minutes in the first round, "Did he have a bad weight cut or something? This dude looks like he's sick". Something just seemed waaaay off. I've never seen Max that slow.

I hope Yair puts a beatdown on Ortega, because I fucking LOVE Yair and I feel like everyone forgot about him due to his lay-off. The problem for Yair is that he got beat pretty good by Max, so that's a big blemish considering what Volk just did to him. Either way, I think that's the last fight in the division for Volk, unless he moves up to 155.

You edgelords who hate Izzy must be a real fucking blast at parties :rolleyes: . His Undertaker entrance with the Jared urn was fucking GREAT. As soon as the music dropped, I was fucking all-in. Also, the people calling him "boring" are just pissed that he's fighting boring fighters who don't want to take the belt from him. He's boring, really? Look what happened to Costa, Gastelum and Whittaker when they "went after" him. He sat them the fuck down. Even though it was only for an "interim" title, the Gastelum fight was one of the best fights of 2019. Fuck off with that "boring" shit because losers like Cannonier and Romero can't get their "power" in against a guy like Izzy. Don't blame Izzy that people fighting him clearly don't want the belt that badly.

• 1Solidarity