MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
the avatar bet. still, with all the back and forth for ages it finally ends. nate will get his release. maybe final release, because khamzat is going to murder him. also lol.

1658290609110.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't get the hate for Nate. He's been putting on entertaining fights since as long or longer than most of you have known what MMA is and he beat McGregor, arguably twice.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I don't get the hate for Nate. He's been putting on entertaining fights since as long or longer than most of you have known what MMA is and he beat McGregor, arguably twice.
I don't hate Nate at all. I love the dude, but he's old as shit now and can't fight. I loved Cowboy too, but do you honestly think he was "good" toward the end?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
yeah should have been cowboy vs nate for both their final fights instead of feeding the old to the young and probably seeing a straight up murder and tarnishing a legacy

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He's hardly as far gone as Cowboy was. He's 3 and 3 in his last 6 fights, one of was arguably a win (the rematch against Conor) and he got a doctor stoppage against Masvidal because he's too much of a retarded stoner to get that giant patch of scar tissue above his eye fixed.

Far cry from the 0-7* skid Cerrone went out on.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
He's hardly as far gone as Cowboy was. He's 3 and 3 in his last 6 fights, one of was arguably a win (the rematch against Conor) and he got a doctor stoppage against Masvidal because he's too much of a retarded stoner to get that giant patch of scar tissue above his eye fixed.

Far cry from the 0-7* skid Cerrone went out on.
I mean, the Michael Johnson and Anthony Pettis wins are stretching it - both are pretty average fighters at best . The only "impressive" one was the choke on McGregor in what was roughly McGregor's "prime".

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He's got 2 wins over Conor. If I beat Conor twice I wouldn't be all that active either. That was one of the highest achievements in MMA for it's time, and he can rest his hat on that (and he did, refusing several fights a year every year)

This was prime to near prime Conor, as mentioned.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Technically the bet was until UFC 280 which is scheduled for 10/22 and UFC 279 is scheduled for 09/10. So slightly over a month.

If I lose I will wear said avatar until 10/22, Bruuce will you do the same?

• 2Solidarity