MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
shit

Jiri Prochazka isn’t UFC light heavyweight champion anymore, and the man expected to challenge for the title no longer will.

The UFC 282 main event between Prochazka (29-3-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) and former champ Glover Teixiera (33-8 MMA, 16-6 UFC) has been canceled. Prochazka suffered a “serious” shoulder injury and has vacated his title, Yahoo Sports! first reported Wednesday.

With Prochazka out, the promotion has elevated Magomed Ankalaev (17-1 MMA, 9-1 UFC) vs. Jan Blachowicz (29-9 MMA, 12-6 UFC) to the UFC 282 main event for the 205-pound championship.

“UFC light heavyweight champion Jiri Prochazka has suffered a shoulder injury that will require a significant rehabilitation period,” the UFC said in a statement. “Out of respect to the athletes and the division, Prochazka has elected to vacate his title and will compete for the belt as soon as he is medically cleared.”

UFC president Dana White later shed light on the severity of Prochazka’s injured right shoulder.

“This is the worst shoulder injury the doctors have seen in UFC history,” White told Yahoo Sports!. “It’s really f*cking bad. His shoulder is very, very bad. He’s going to have serious surgery that will require extensive rehab.”
Ahhhhh fuuuuucccckkkkk! My Czech Brother! UFC is literally the only sport I pay attention to anymore and I was so happy Jiri was Champ. This fucking sucks. I R SAD!

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Most likely popped for something and cut a deal with the UFC to vacate title to save face. Dude has been tested a whopping 61 times this year by USADA which as far as I know is the most a fighter has ever been tested in a single year by far.

For some comparisons.. Jon Jones, a known cheat, was tested 25 times in 2020 (the last time he fought) and 16 more times since then. TJ Dillashaw, another known cheat, tested 25 times in 2021 (the year he came back after his suspension) and 12 more times in 2022.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He's saying Jiri got flagged which makes sense. The hyperfocus testing was thought to be corruption and foreign exotic trips in east europe for USADA, but in light of this recent development it appears that he was being investigated specifically for something-- hence the record-breaking number of tests.

It could be a picto-gram situation. Remember the Jon Jones exception. I'd guess Jiri's level was procing up and down in a way USADA didn't like and they were about to have to take action and officially accuse him of being hot. It could have been a substance he used before his UFC run.

USADA can detect any exposure in your lifetime pretty much if they are looking for it.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Most likely popped for something and cut a deal with the UFC to vacate title to save face. Dude has been tested a whopping 61 times this year by USADA which as far as I know is the most a fighter has ever been tested in a single year by far.

For some comparisons.. Jon Jones, a known cheat, was tested 25 times in 2020 (the last time he fought) and 16 more times since then. TJ Dillashaw, another known cheat, tested 25 times in 2021 (the year he came back after his suspension) and 12 more times in 2022.

post some xrays or we'll believe this usada shit more

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

post some xrays or we'll believe this usada shit more

And that looks like Czech Republic??? Dana implied he was examined by UFC doctors. "The worst shoulder injury they have EVER seen!"

Which would be done out in Vegas over by the Performance Institute. This mea culpa being filmed in his hometown and his tone of voice/body language isn't very convincing at all. Looks like a parking lot firing over PEDs outside his training camp.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Thought I read he is in Vegas already to finish his training when it "happened"??

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Thought I read he is in Vegas already to finish his training when it "happened"??

Tough to say need a Vegas expert to weigh in on that. Conveniently his car has no license plate.

Regardless if he's out in Vegas or Czech, the guy isn't selling this injury very well at all.

Biggest red flag is no shoulder-sling. Anyone familiar with shoulder injuries knows that sling. Other guys with shoulder injuries in this thread (there's a few) can come forward and testify to essentially requiring a sling to prevent pain and movement after a major injury during the initial first week or two. The fact he's standing on his own accord without a sling is enough evidence this is bullshit for me right now.

The WORST shoulder injury of ALL TIME (UFC words) and he's out standing up with no sling on. But he just saw the BEST doctors in the world. It just doesn't add up.

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Definitely sounds like a bullshit excuse to cover it up, but he is definitely in Vegas already

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
AND he's taking a selfie video!

The fitted clothing gives it away.

First 1-2 weeks is a sling. And you can't put a t-shirt on or dress yourself without pain or furthering the damage, nevermind a shoulder fitted jacket. No movement is imperative to allow the best chance for it to heal before you are evaluated for surgery. You keep all weight and tension off the joint entirely. The whole "WELL hes hurt, AND he needs surgery" just seems convenient. I didn't complete rehab for at least 6 months and that was with no surgery, just to see if I needed surgery or not. "WELL HE NEEDS SURGERY" Reeks of bullshit.

The jacket and no sling = bullshit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I fucked up my shoulder once and while I was too stupid to go to the doctor when I should have, I carried it pinned against my chest as if it were in a sling for the first few days because the wrong kind of movement was absolutely agonizing, so his nonchalant pose does seem rather iffy. That being said the UFC has no control over the USADA and if he failed a drug test it's going to be made public. Also if he's in Vegas, he's out in the boonies or something.

What's really fucked up is that when Glover asked for more time to prepare for Ankalaev they just handed the fight to Blachowicz instead. God knows how long the delay might be before Glover gets to try and take the belt back and he's not exactly a spring chicken.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
That being said the UFC has no control over the USADA and if he failed a drug test it's going to be made public.

Yeah, the idea that this is a cover-up for a failed test is kinda goofy. Allowing that would destroy USADA as an oganization. They have no incentive to cooperate.

I'll grant that he didn't seem like a guy who suffered "the worst shoulder injury the doctors have seen in UFC history", but we don't have all the info or timings yet. He could have just received a cortisone shot or something before this video.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
High profile dudes get popped all the time. Why would Dana and the UFC lose all credibility and cover for a guy when most people don't even know who he is?

He has had 3 fights in the UFC and his first was in 2020. If he was a dirty cheat, then let USADA pop him and nobody gives two shits.

Zg.gif

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, the idea that this is a cover-up for a failed test is kinda goofy. Allowing that would destroy USADA as an oganization. They have no incentive to cooperate.

I'll grant that he didn't seem like a guy who suffered "the worst shoulder injury the doctors have seen in UFC history", but we don't have all the info or timings yet. He could have just received a cortisone shot or something before this video.

I'm saying it wasn't clear-cut. It's a picto-gram "allowed" level in his body.

It likely predates his time in the UFC. USADA aggressively tested him because they want baselines on those metabolites he's procing.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he popped hot on a standard urine screening, or your average pre USADA drug testing standard, which would indicate he used something recently.

I maintain he has an allowable level of past steroid use from either contamination, or from intentional use before his UFC run and USADA has a bug up their ass about it.

I don't believe it's a clear cut case of doping.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
shit

Jiri Prochazka isn’t UFC light heavyweight champion anymore, and the man expected to challenge for the title no longer will.

The UFC 282 main event between Prochazka (29-3-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) and former champ Glover Teixiera (33-8 MMA, 16-6 UFC) has been canceled. Prochazka suffered a “serious” shoulder injury and has vacated his title, Yahoo Sports! first reported Wednesday.

With Prochazka out, the promotion has elevated Magomed Ankalaev (17-1 MMA, 9-1 UFC) vs. Jan Blachowicz (29-9 MMA, 12-6 UFC) to the UFC 282 main event for the 205-pound championship.

“UFC light heavyweight champion Jiri Prochazka has suffered a shoulder injury that will require a significant rehabilitation period,” the UFC said in a statement. “Out of respect to the athletes and the division, Prochazka has elected to vacate his title and will compete for the belt as soon as he is medically cleared.”

UFC president Dana White later shed light on the severity of Prochazka’s injured right shoulder.

“This is the worst shoulder injury the doctors have seen in UFC history,” White told Yahoo Sports!. “It’s really f*cking bad. His shoulder is very, very bad. He’s going to have serious surgery that will require extensive rehab.”
God, the UFC is such a shitty organization. Completely fucking the former Champ who has only a couple fights left in his career, max? Dogshit.