MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
If that poster can be trusted, then the money was probably right. Francis fell on his sword for the other fighters in the UFC. Noble, but stupid.

He should have gotten the other fighters to rally behind him and be the face of the demands, as the Heavy Weight champ. He has bad PR and strategy.
he doesn't have ANYTHING
The Cameroonian native revealed how in the contract negotiations, where he opted to represent himself sans manager, the UFC washed aside his non-monetary demands with the promise of a big payday, reportedly a contract in the region of $8 million.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
UFC 283

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

Glover Teixeira (205) vs. Jamahal Hill (204.5) – for vacant light heavyweight title
Champ Deiveson Figueiredo (125) vs. Brandon Moreno (125) – for flyweight title
Gilbert Burns (170) vs. Neil Magny (171)
Jessica Andrade (125) vs. Lauren Murphy (125.5)
Paul Craig (205) vs. Johnny Walker (205)

PRELIMINARY CARD (ABC, 8 p.m. ET)

Ihor Potieria (205) vs. Mauricio Rua (205)
Brunno Ferreira (185) vs. Gregory Rodrigues (186)
Melquizael Costa (155) vs. Thiago Moises (155.5)
Gabriel Bonfim (171) vs. Mounir Lazzez (170.5)

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 6 p.m. ET)

Shamil Abdurakhimov (263) vs. Jailton Almeida (232)
Luan Lacerda (136) vs. Cody Stamann (135)
Ismael Bonfim (156) vs. Terrance McKinney (156)
Warlley Alves (171) vs. Nicolas Dalby (170)
Zarah Fairn (146) vs. Josiane Nunes (145.5)
Daniel Marcos (136) vs. Saimon Oliveira (136)

=
View attachment 454288
View attachment 454289
Not surprised about the Slap Shit. It is funny for a 2 minute YouTube clip, but treating it like a sport that people will take seriously seems a little too half-full to me.

Regarding 283 that card looks like a turd, then again sometimes those are the cards that deliver the most. I am probably more excited for the prelims. Walker has really been a disappointment overall, I am surprised he is on the main card.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
he self-negotiated himself out of the UFC

I mean, it's a thing with the UFC. Some of that 'soft' stuff is the stuff they won't bend on.

Fedor would be in the UFC if they'd kept their demands to money only.

There's also probably some similarities to GSP, Mark Hunt, etc

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I actually sympathize with him a bit on that demand list. He may have predictably martyred himself for the fighter community, but if he's still financially stable going forward I can see how it might be worth it to him to take a stand.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

giphy-downsized-large.gif