MMA Thread

Goatface

the LHW title is cheap right now.

Jan back in vs Jiri? Can't see any other fight to make.
blachowicz/pereira happens at the end of the month. jan said he was promised title shot with win. guess will find out soon if they are going to make it an interim or what. would be little odd if alex wins.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
blachowicz/pereira happens at the end of the month. jan said he was promised title shot with win. guess will find out soon if they are going to make it an interim or what. would be little odd if alex wins.

Guess it would be Magomed then, since he technically beat Jan. UFC is doing Mago dirty though, so most likely Jiri waits to see winner of Jan/Potan.

Goatface

UFC on ESPN 49 on ESPN and ESPN+
Prelims will start at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT.
main card will begin at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT

Holly Holm (135.5) vs. Mayra Bueno Silva (136)
Bassil Hafez (171) vs. Jack Della Maddalena (171)
Ottman Azaitar (156) vs. Francisco Prado (156)
Albert Duraev (185) vs. Jun Yong Park (186)
Chelsea Chandler (145.5) vs. Norma Dumont (145.5)
Terrance McKinney (156) vs. Nazim Sadykhov (156)
Melsik Baghdasaryan (145.5) vs. Tucker Lutz (146)
Victoria Dudakova (116) vs. Istela Nunes (115.5)
Melquizael Costa (146) vs. Austin Lingo (145.5)
Evan Elder (156) vs. Genaro Valdez (156)
Azat Maksum (126) vs. Tyson Nam (126)
Carl Deaton (156) vs. Alex Munoz (155.5)
Ashlee Evans-Smith (135.5) vs. Ailin Perez (135.5)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
sucks

There no longer is a champion in the UFC light heavyweight division after Jamahal Hill suffered a serious injury.

Hill (12-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) announced Friday he will give up the 205-pound belt after he sustained a ruptured Achilles tendon that will require surgery. As as result, the title now is vacant.

“Everyone knows that I’ve been waiting for months now to face Jiri Prochazka and defend my belt and my title – unfortunately we’re going to have to wait a little bit,” Hill said on his YouTube channel. “I’ve ruptured my Achilles. … It’s just one of those things that happens. It’s one that will require surgery and time and rehab and things to be out for a while. Also, with that, I was given an opportunity. I was given an opportunity. Jiri Prochazka was the champion. He suffered an injury, as these things happen and he had to – he gave up the belt and allowed for others to not hold the division up, to keep the division moving forward to make sure the people had a champion. I’ll do the same.

“Right now, the biggest thing is focusing on my recovery, focusing on getting back to 100 percent. I need to take some time and focus on my health and make sure that I’m 100 and make sure I’m the fighter that everyone knows I am. In order to do that, I need to focus on getting ready and rehabbing.”

Hill, 32, who won the gold in January with a lopsided unanimous decision win over Glover Teixeira at UFC 283 in Brazil, said he wishes he could have retained the strap for the duration of his recovery, but he understands the situation.

He thanked the UFC brass for its support through the process, and said he’s been assured he will get an opportunity to fight for the title again once healthy.

“On my road to recovery, I’ve been promised that I will fight for my title immediately as soon as I am able, as well as the other things that come with that,” Hill said. “Yeah, man – it’s just part of the story.”

=

still nothing on prochazka return, he was saying summer in jan/feb and then in may said he should know by june. mmajunkie ran a story earlier this week, saying prochazka readiness wasn't known, hill didn't think magomed has earned a title shot and was looking to fight winner of blachowicz-pereira before end of the year.
A lot of dudes never "really" come back from a blown Achilles. You almost always lose a little.

Fight Night sucks ass. I'd totally sit on Holly Holm's face. She's not the greatest looking, but I can tell she does some shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

Guess it would be Magomed then, since he technically beat Jan. UFC is doing Mago dirty though, so most likely Jiri waits to see winner of Jan/Potan.
1689376126980.png

as far as i can see, jiri still hasn't announced when he wants to return. did post 6-18 that was training again then climbed highest mountain in the alps. also somehow stylebender is in line
1689433308180.png

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jamal Hill has a chance to be the most anonymous and forgotten UFC belt holder ever. Unless you watched Contender and prelims, you probably didn't even know the guy existed till he got his title shot and won against 43 year old Glover.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
On the UFC card tonight, some chick just dislocated her arm falling down from a single leg. Waiting on Twitter for it to show up.