MMA Thread

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
i don't know what is more embarrassing, jake paul beating up middle aged washed up MMA fighters or nates homer simpson fight style. no one is a winner here.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The sad thing is if Nate had any punching power he could have won that fight. Jake Paul is pretty terrible at boxing.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Props to who pointed out his eye was getting cut. I said his right eye was getting cut before the fight and my friends thought I see the future

That said that fight was so staged, he never really wanted to hit him on the right after

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Props to who pointed out his eye was getting cut. I said his right eye was getting cut before the fight and my friends thought I see the future

That said that fight was so staged, he never really wanted to hit him on the right after

Said the same thing. JP pulled punches after he hurt Nate in round 1. Rewatch rounds 2,3,4 and a little of 5 were all very weird rounds for JP. Those uppercuts were at 40-50% and he didn't start throwing his signature hook with full force until the second half of the fight.

JP started throwing 100% again. But it was too late and he was completely gassed. I get wanting to put on a show and not have a packed crowd for Nate be disappointed so early in the fight by a quick flash finish. But it makes me less interested in watching another JP fight knowing he does shit like that. He should have just taken a dominant win early but for some reason he wanted to take the fight into the mid-late rounds which affected the entire fight. It's not fun to watch a guy throw 40-50% and go into sparring mode just to drag a fight out or because he's got "respect" for his opponent because he's a legend or whatever.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Said the same thing. JP pulled punches after he hurt Nate in round 1. Rewatch rounds 2,3,4 and a little of 5 were all very weird rounds for JP. Those uppercuts were at 40-50% and he didn't start throwing his signature hook with full force until the second half of the fight.

JP started throwing 100% again. But it was too late and he was completely gassed. I get wanting to put on a show and not have a packed crowd for Nate be disappointed so early in the fight by a quick flash finish. But it makes me less interested in watching another JP fight knowing he does shit like that. He should have just taken a dominant win early but for some reason he wanted to take the fight into the mid-late rounds which affected the entire fight. It's not fun to watch a guy throw 40-50% and go into sparring mode just to drag a fight out or because he's got "respect" for his opponent because he's a legend or whatever.
I haven't watched it yet but any chance he was just winded for a bit but then recovered?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I haven't watched it yet but any chance he was just winded for a bit but then recovered?

Even if you explain it away as strategy to save himself for later rounds (I'll give you that might be the case), that doesn't explain Round 1 where he ties up with Nate, and cuts his offense after hurting him.

The random tie-ups after hurting Nate is when I started to scrutinize what JP was doing. 2,3,4 he mounts little to no offense despite Nate not being there at all (Nate even turns his back a few times during the fight and walks away, hurt bad from Round 1). Everything becomes sparring level punches at about 40-50% power. Second half he starts throwing full throttle again, except now his gas tank is empty and he can't finish. I watched some pre-fight interviews and JP grew up watching Nate Diaz on his couch. He has a lot of respect for his dog fight style and I think he wanted to give the fans that type of war. He wanted a war with Nate, and Nate was hurt too early to participate is what I got from it.

Homsar

Even if you explain it away as strategy to save himself for later rounds (I'll give you that might be the case), that doesn't explain Round 1 where he ties up with Nate, and cuts his offense after hurting him.

The random tie-ups after hurting Nate is when I started to scrutinize what JP was doing. 2,3,4 he mounts little to no offense despite Nate not being there at all (Nate even turns his back a few times during the fight and walks away, hurt bad from Round 1). Everything becomes sparring level punches at about 40-50% power. Second half he starts throwing full throttle again, except now his gas tank is empty and he can't finish. I watched some pre-fight interviews and JP grew up watching Nate Diaz on his couch. He has a lot of respect for his dog fight style and I think he wanted to give the fans that type of war. He wanted a war with Nate, and Nate was hurt too early to participate is what I got from it.
Jake gave up after Diaz eye got open, he was refusing throwing a punch on Diaz right eye after it got cut. He did the exact opposite of what normal people would do. It really felt like a WWF fake match that went sideways

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jake gave up after his eye got open, he was refusing throwing a punch on Diaz right eye after it got cut. He did the exact opposite of what normal people would do. It really felt like a WWF fake match that went sideways

Yep fake bullshit fight. Nate walking away multiple times didn't help.

Not keen on any more of these "MMA boxing crossover" fights with JP after this stunt. Total waste of time watching this scripted bullshit.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Boxing is fake and gay.

In other news, Sandman dominated the fuck out of Font just like I figured he would. I think they need to feed him Dvalishvili and winner fights Aljo/Sugar winner.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

drake had $250k on diaz :)

what i can tell, diaz was guaranteed $500k and could earn up $1.5m with his share of ppv buys.

=

still not official

1691363688484.png

• 1Like

Homsar

Should be an entertaining fight. Didn't Strickland say he would get his ass kicked fighting Israel?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Borrrrrring. Sean is going to get annihilated. The dude has 0 pressure and Izzy will be able to just sit on the outside kicking/jabbing him to death.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
yeah but the press conference will be hilarious. izzy is cringe as fuck and sean is going to have a field day calling him a faggot.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

think they should allow someone to come in to tend to fighter after an eye poke to.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wheres the rule change to remove referee discretion on foul penalties? Should be an automatic point loss for a flagrant foul.

none of those rule changes clean up the sport. cheaters are still going to get advantage. poke early and poke often.