MMA Thread

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't know about Ritalin but I get Vyvance and Adderall from the VA and I didn't think that stuff really came up in blood tests. My methylphenidate which is what they all are puts me to sleep, makes me want to watch paint dry, or my heart rate goes down so I can sleep.

Also how many fighters get tested right after a fight maybe? I guess it would amp you up if it has an opposite affect but why not just take some blow right before your fight? but it's not beefing your strength or anything and at that point I'm pretty sure it's not going to affect your addreline at the point of getting in the cage . But that shit does not come up in test or its literally there in your system for a short time

Last edited:
  • 1Wow!
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

Also how many fighters get tested right after a fight maybe?

i am not 100%, but thought it depended on the commission and nevada did/required before and after tests on everyone.
2 other fighters also got their suspensions yesterday
=

UFC heavyweight Walt Harris will be sidelined for the foreseeable future.

The Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) on Tuesday handed Harris a one-year suspension for his recent positive drug screening for drostanolone, an illegal anabolic agent. Harris tested positive for drostanolone in a June 24 out-of-competition drug test prior to his scheduled bout against Josh Parisian on July 15, which was ultimately cancelled.

Harris’ suspension is retroactive to the date of the failed test, meaning he is eligible to return to competition on June 24, 2024. He must also pay $392.60 in attorney fees and is required to undergo additional drug testing 30, 15, and three days out from his next bout.

In a statement this past July, Harris wrote: “I believe this came from a supplement that I’ve trusted my entire career, but at the end of the day, it was never USADA approved. I’m a complete idiot for not checking prior but I’m definitely not a cheater.”

=

Daniel Rodriguez is done for 2023.

The veteran UFC welterweight received a six-month suspension on Tuesday from the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) after testing positive for ostarine in an out-of-competition drug screening prior to his planned Sept. 16 bout against Santiago Ponzinibbio at Noche UFC.

Rodriguez’s suspension is retroactive to the date of his failed test, meaning he is eligible to compete on Jan. 28, 2024. He is also required to pay prosecution fees totaling $157.04 and must undergo additional drug testing 30, 15, and three days out from his next bout.

The Ponzinibbio bout was ultimately cancelled.

Rodriguez, 36, revealed in August that he tested positive for an “extremely low level” of ostarine, a banned selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM). At the time, Rodriguez wrote that he strongly believed “a supplement contaminant” was the reason for his positive test. Ostarine has been commonly linked to several tainted supplement cases in the past.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Also how many fighters get tested right after a fight
this was also one of the reasons usada was stupid
i am not 100%, but thought it depended on the commission and nevada did/required before and after tests on everyone.
2 other fighters also got their suspensions yesterday
=

UFC heavyweight Walt Harris will be sidelined for the foreseeable future.

The Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) on Tuesday handed Harris a one-year suspension for his recent positive drug screening for drostanolone, an illegal anabolic agent. Harris tested positive for drostanolone in a June 24 out-of-competition drug test prior to his scheduled bout against Josh Parisian on July 15, which was ultimately cancelled.

Harris’ suspension is retroactive to the date of the failed test, meaning he is eligible to return to competition on June 24, 2024. He must also pay $392.60 in attorney fees and is required to undergo additional drug testing 30, 15, and three days out from his next bout.

In a statement this past July, Harris wrote: “I believe this came from a supplement that I’ve trusted my entire career, but at the end of the day, it was never USADA approved. I’m a complete idiot for not checking prior but I’m definitely not a cheater.”

=

Daniel Rodriguez is done for 2023.

The veteran UFC welterweight received a six-month suspension on Tuesday from the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) after testing positive for ostarine in an out-of-competition drug screening prior to his planned Sept. 16 bout against Santiago Ponzinibbio at Noche UFC.

Rodriguez’s suspension is retroactive to the date of his failed test, meaning he is eligible to compete on Jan. 28, 2024. He is also required to pay prosecution fees totaling $157.04 and must undergo additional drug testing 30, 15, and three days out from his next bout.

The Ponzinibbio bout was ultimately cancelled.

Rodriguez, 36, revealed in August that he tested positive for an “extremely low level” of ostarine, a banned selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM). At the time, Rodriguez wrote that he strongly believed “a supplement contaminant” was the reason for his positive test. Ostarine has been commonly linked to several tainted supplement cases in the past.
it's that fucking ostarine again

Goatface

UFC 294

Main Card (ESPN+ at 2 p.m. ET)
Islam Makhachev (155) vs. Alexander Volkanovski (154.5)
Kamaru Usman (184.5) vs. Khamzat Chimaev (185.5)
Magomed Ankalaev (206) vs. Johnny Walker (205)
Ikram Aliskerov (186) vs. Warlley Alves (185.5)
Said Nurmagomedov (136) vs. Muin Gafurov (135.5)

Preliminary Card (ESPN+ at 10 a.m. ET)

Tim Elliott (126) vs. Muhammad Mokaev (126)
Mohammad Yahya (156) vs. Trevor Peek (155.5)
Javid Basharat (136) vs. Victor Henry (136)
Abu Azaitar (186) vs. Sedriques Dumas (186)
Mike Breeden (159.5)* vs. Anshul Jubli (155.5)
Nathaniel Wood (146) vs. Muhammad Naimov (145.5)
Jinh Yu Frey (116) vs. Viktoriya Dudakova (116.6)**
Bruno Silva (186) vs. Shara Magomedov (186)

Mateusz Gamrot weighed in at 155 pounds as a backup for the lightweight championship main event.
*Breeden missed weight by 3.5 pounds
**Dudakova missed weight by .6 pounds

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Love the 10am ET start. Get to wake up with my morning coffee, shit, and then watch some face stomping.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Every fight I've watched has been a snoozefest and when I leave to go do something the 2 fights are finished

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Lol the real question is did Johnny know what county he was in before the knee to the head?

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users