MMA Thread

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure. Mir folds very easily when bullied, Reem could have stopped it if he put his foot on the gas, but he didn't want to risk another stupid loss. Not the most exciting thing, but, Overeem fought smart and smashed Mir none the less. If they bring Brock back, him vs Mir 3, THAT may actually be entertaining.

Arakkis

N00b
Mir needs to hang it up. Overeem does too. I really don't care if either of those guys fight again. Mir did a good job at commentating in the WEC. He should go back to that.

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
That's up there with the worst stoppages ive seen. He was no where near done. I dislike faber for sure, but that was a terrible call

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well, I am not sure Faber was going to overcome that, but that was a pretty lame stoppage.

Arakkis

N00b
Nah it was a solid stoppage. If you have been rocked badly twice, your defense can't be to turtle and take repeated hammerfists to the dome. Herb was looking out for the fighter's well being.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Horrible stoppage but Faber was done. He kept getting knocked down by punches.

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Replay shows him hitting faber over and over in the arm, not 1 of the hammerfists actually got through.

Overall though pretty boring show aside from Varner and Trujillo.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Replay shows him hitting faber over and over in the arm, not 1 of the hammerfists actually got through.
I was just about to come back and post that. The last several hits weren't even close to his head, it was simply smacking him in the arm. However, if Faber really still was in the fight he should have done more than sit there with his hand over his ear.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Nah it was a solid stoppage. If you have been rocked badly twice, your defense can't be to turtle and take repeated hammerfists to the dome. Herb was looking out for the fighter's well being.
yeah, its like when ya get jumped and you just curl up and wait for the beating to stop. Its what he did. It was like a good 10 seconds of him doing nothing.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Really lame stoppage with Faber for sure. I mean I'm not sure he was going to overcome what was going on but it was still a pretty stupid stoppage. I feel bad for Faber, I was really wanting him to hold the title before he hung it up....which you would think he's to be coming up soon.

Mir needs to stop, another fight like that and he's going to have brain damage.

Any links to post fight conference?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was just about to come back and post that. The last several hits weren't even close to his head, it was simply smacking him in the arm. However, if Faber really still was in the fight he should have done more than sit there with his hand over his ear.
Well, if you look at his right hand he gave Herb the thumbs up to indicate he was OK. Herb just didn't see it. It sucks for Faber but it's just bad luck.

UFC 169 GIFS

edit: This event broke the UFC record for most decisions with 10 of 12 going the distance. Previous record was 9/11 for the Rashad/Hendo snoozefest event at UFC 161.

169 wasn't actually bad though I thought. Most of the decisions weren't flat out bad/boring fights.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
The first fight of the night was the best, i love when a dude is getting rocked in a slug fest then just KOs his opponent cold.

Goatface

she says, she has not had any work done, but age, weight loss and makeup has changed her look.

to me, her chin looks pointier and eyes less round

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pat Barry retired from MMA this week, forget if it got posted or not. Anyways, just announced he signed with Glory for kickboxing. Debuts in May, will have some non-Glory tune up fight(s) before then.

I imagine some of the guys like Saki or Ghita there would tear him up, but it should be fun.
============================

Best MMA GIF's in January: Knockouts

Fedor

<Banned>
606x523xmethodgetsfm.png.speedilic.ic.d4eh9jE6ZO.png