MMA Thread

Fedor

<Banned>
god damnit

iy76K57T2rr42.gif

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I watched parts of last nights. Swanson vs Stephens was actually pretty entertaining. I don't seem to recall anything else that really stood out, but then again I was only half watching.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I skipped both events. Which fights were worth watching?
Most of the NZ card had entertaining finishes except for the Heavyweight fight where Soa Palelelelelelele got blanketed.

For the other card Swanson/Stephens was pretty awesome even without a finish.

So Kelvin Gastellum missed weight. It's a shame because he looked really good, striking was much improved. I hope he can get his weight worked out, he's definitely a bit undersized when he fights at 185.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Well shit. I didn't really think Fox would care so much.

UFC and FOX Sports part ways with Chael Sonnen - MMA Fighting
I don't see why they do. I always thought he was a good analyst when he wasn't self promoting, and good at promoting the sport in general (especially as a coach in the US TUF). He's better in the booth than DC, and miles better than Bisping. Oh well, if only we could get Joe Buck and the retarded robot animation to fail a drug test then Fox Sports might start to get respectable.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I am pretty bummed by that. He is very well spoken, and as Adam points out, is a significantly better analyst than Cormier. I really love listening to him and Kenny, so I am bummed that he is being let go. It just doesn't make a ton of sense as he had retired from fighting at that point anyway.

Lame.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Should let him back in in a year. I feel like he thought he would pass that last drug test, lied to the UFC/Fox about it, they backed him on the other drug test he failed and then look like assholes when he fails again. So this is his punishment.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pat Barry is the best. Not fighter, just in general.

Also, Don Frye has his facial hair back, YAY!

"Brimage can't keep his feet underneath of him, he looks like a crackhead iceskater in a hurricane"

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck's sake, that kid is getting hard to stay a fan of. He's capable of being awesome but he gets hurt all the time. And when he does fight he's playing it a lot safer than he did in his WEC days. 2 finishes in his 6 UFC fights. KZ win is marked as a "TKO Punches" but really it was KZ dislocating his shoulder. And the Mendes KO was facilitated by blatant fence grabbing as he was getting taken down. He's even on record saying he's going to get more boring as he gets older.

Fedor

<Banned>
The Ultimate Fighter Season 20 Cast Revealed; Women's Strawweight Champion to be Crowned | MMAWeekly.com

Joanne Calderwood (8-0), 27, Glasgow, Scotland
Alex Chambers (4-1), 35, Sydney, Australia
Heather Jo Clark (6-4), 34, Los Angeles, Calif.
Aisling Daly (14-3), 26, Dublin, Ireland
Lisa Ellis (15-8), 31, Olympia, Wash.
Carla Esparza (9-2), 26, Redondo Beach, Calif.
Felice Herrig (9-5), 29, Crystal Lake, Ill.
Angela Hill (1-0), 29, Brooklyn, N.Y.
Emily Peters Kagan (3-1), 32, Bangor, Maine
Justine Kish (4-0), 26, Cramerton, N.C.
Angela Magana (11-6), 30, Farmington, N.M.
Randa Markos (4-1), 28, Windsor, Canada
Rose Namajunas (2-1), 22, Milwaukee, Wis.
Jessica Penne (11-2), 31, Huntington Beach, Calif.
Bec Rawlings (5-3), 25, Launceston, Tasmania
Tecia Torres (4-0), 24, Fall River, Mass.
Bror8GJIAAItYkz.jpg

the-ultimate-fighter-20-cast.jpg