MMO Glitches / Sploits

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Stygian Desolator! I remember that sword
smile.png
haha yeah, I was so dumb when I played AO. I was like swords pffft, they will never be as good as guns...

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
that was rz encounter 1.0. i dunno how rz was pulled to zone. i just know koryo was a monk genius
Yea, we were one of the first guilds killing him too. All I remember our kill involved charming every last mob that we could in the arena for the extra DPS. The longer the fight went on, the more dangerous it was. Cool screen though.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea, we were one of the first guilds killing him too. All I remember our kill involved charming every last mob that we could in the arena for the extra DPS. The longer the fight went on, the more dangerous it was. Cool screen though.
The same for us in TR also, we fought the fake RZ near VZ and then all rushed to the arena to begin charming and going bonkers kiting while burning.

Amenra

Molten Core Raider
I'd fire up AO again if I had some people to play with.
I tried to play a couples months ago, but the game has literally gone to shit. There's no one, plus a dupe fucked up the economy a year ago. Such a shame, the game was so good back in the day.

Hopefully if Funcom has any sense left in them they'll make an AO 2.

blindside77_sl

shitlord
The greatest exploit(s) I ever found in EQ1 was of my own discovery and I shared this with no one. I did /petition about it after abusing it to see if they'd reward me for finding such a crazy bug, but I just got a simple "thanks," oh well.

When the legends server first came up, I noticed in the wording that any of your corpses that you had in the world after you moved to legends would stay so a GM could retrieve them for you if your character move went through while you were in the middle of a corpse run. I thought to myself "what if you could move a character over with corpses, and make a new character with the same name since it's no longer in use, and /loot the corpse to effectively move soulbound items?"

Simply put, the answer was "yes."

I decided to see if I could up the anty and bought off the mmo-ebay-clone-I-can't-recall-its-name a super decked out (ugly) High Elf Cleric male, full decked out in his legendaries, and a prenerf Guise of the Deceiver and all sorts of stuff, and killed him over and over and over and over again. Each time I left at least one item on the corpse so it wouldn't rot away. And quickly moved him to legends to then make my sexy new Froglok Cleric to loot all his gear. Before I looted anything, I asked around in /trade (I had left all the corpses in the original bazaar zone) for a cleric to rez me a few times (I put myself in /anon so no one would see I was a level 1). I found someone and he rezed me about 10 times...

The exploit was this: a level 60 character looses X amount of exp, but only earns 93/96% (whatever it was) back on the cleric rez. Well, 93% of a level 1 exp bar is like 500 exp or something like that... well it was a good thing the corpses were that of a level 60/59/58/etc (as I deleveled him down), and 93% of that corpse was for the first rez 18 full levels of experience gain. Man I had hit pay dirt! without doing a single thing my new cleric was level 43 before I ran out of corpses to rez. After a couple hours of chain casting spells to get rid of those nasty fizzles I was ready to go.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
The greatest exploit(s) I ever found in EQ1 was of my own discovery and I shared this with no one. I did /petition about it after abusing it to see if they'd reward me for finding such a crazy bug, but I just got a simple "thanks," oh well.

When the legends server first came up, I noticed in the wording that any of your corpses that you had in the world after you moved to legends would stay so a GM could retrieve them for you if your character move went through while you were in the middle of a corpse run. I thought to myself "what if you could move a character over with corpses, and make a new character with the same name since it's no longer in use, and /loot the corpse to effectively move soulbound items?"

Simply put, the answer was "yes."

I decided to see if I could up the anty and bought off the mmo-ebay-clone-I-can't-recall-its-name a super decked out (ugly) High Elf Cleric male, full decked out in his legendaries, and a prenerf Guise of the Deceiver and all sorts of stuff, and killed him over and over and over and over again. Each time I left at least one item on the corpse so it wouldn't rot away. And quickly moved him to legends to then make my sexy new Froglok Cleric to loot all his gear. Before I looted anything, I asked around in /trade (I had left all the corpses in the original bazaar zone) for a cleric to rez me a few times (I put myself in /anon so no one would see I was a level 1). I found someone and he rezed me about 10 times...

The exploit was this: a level 60 character looses X amount of exp, but only earns 93/96% (whatever it was) back on the cleric rez. Well, 93% of a level 1 exp bar is like 500 exp or something like that... well it was a good thing the corpses were that of a level 60/59/58/etc (as I deleveled him down), and 93% of that corpse was for the first rez 18 full levels of experience gain. Man I had hit pay dirt! without doing a single thing my new cleric was level 43 before I ran out of corpses to rez. After a couple hours of chain casting spells to get rid of those nasty fizzles I was ready to go.
That is a beautiful exploit.

Scyfi

N00b
Transferring soulbound items via corpses was pretty well known in vanilla EQ. Didnt furor or someone big get banned for it when they had planar armor on a newbie character.

When Xegony server split into two with druzzil ro, for some reason my main character never got moved and only my alts did. So i petitioned a gm about it and he said he would move me over and to go ahead and log out so he could do it. I told him I would and never ended up logging out until about an hour later. Next time I logged in I ended up with a duplicate character on both servers.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
One stupid exploit I remember abusing was spamming Print Screen in WAR, it would lock up your screen and teleport you up a bit while you jumped at the same time, resulting in additional jump height, you could easily glitch up hills and walls, sure there were a metric fuck ton more infamous exploits in WAR tho.

Also the much loved wall walking in WoW
You can do this in DAoC too, probably because it has the same/similar engine. Jumping up the giant steps in Darkness Falls and slaughtering all the buffbots parked up there was always entertaining.

Noahx

N00b
In eq2 (and many other games), you could lose connection and still remain in the world for a little while. Use to have a quick disconnect setup, run past a shit ton of mobs, then reconnect... avoiding tons of trash etc.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
How would that even work on P99?
Get a char (any level, but highers are better), kill it for 2 hrs 50 mins. Delete char. Remake char as a lvl 1 whatever the fuck you want. Rez corpses (rez timer doesn't wear because old char technically isn't on). New char will level quickly--especially if you're moving a high penalty char with bigger exp bars (iks sk or so) to a char with lower penalty and small xp bars (halfling rogue or so). Helped a friend with it a long while back before there was any ruling on it. He got suspended, then banned, then unbanned and an official rule was made on it
tongue.png

edit: Forgot to mention, char has to have the same name. So delete old char and remake with same name, but diff class/race :p

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I didn't realize daoc or war had the jump thing. I noticed in in eq2 and reported it (and they fixed it next patch).

This thread mentions the fixhttp://www.radiumsoftware.com/excerp...holy_grail.txtnear the bottom, the taylor series stuff.

DAOC had another problem with dragging the window causing the game loop to stall. Can anyone remember what the benefit of that was? Seems like casters could use it cast without line of sight or something? Fix for that is WM_Timer messages that let you run a game loop. Might not even be a problem anymore with newer windows.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Get a char (any level, but highers are better), kill it for 2 hrs 50 mins. Delete char. Remake char as a lvl 1 whatever the fuck you want. Rez corpses (rez timer doesn't wear because old char technically isn't on). New char will level quickly--especially if you're moving a high penalty char with bigger exp bars (iks sk or so) to a char with lower penalty and small xp bars (halfling rogue or so). Helped a friend with it a long while back before there was any ruling on it. He got suspended, then banned, then unbanned and an official rule was made on it
tongue.png

edit: Forgot to mention, char has to have the same name. So delete old char and remake with same name, but diff class/race :p
Just seems like you're not gaining as much since you have to actually level a char up in the first place and then delete them

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just seems like you're not gaining as much since you have to actually level a char up in the first place and then delete them
Some people just want to reroll. Others disliked their race. Also the hide nerfs (both hide pulling and rogue hide nerfs) had a lot of people salty. It could also be used to strip an inactive account with an EMU you did not know and put it on an EMU you did know, but that'd be risky
tongue.png
Lots of people did it to chars they already had but had forgotten the eqemu account to. Say you had an old 55 bard but lost the eqemu account to it and you'd kind of like that--then you reroll with this method and have like a ~ 53 bard with pretty much everything in place.