Monster Hunter Wilds

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Please be like world and not rise.
Looks like it won't be like either, unless you mean the flow of combat and stuff. Since they didn't really display anything out of the ordinary yet hard to say but unlikely to be like Rise since the whole fast paced combat/movement was specifically the Rise gimmick.

This looks open world, so it'll likely be centered around that but yeah can't know how combat will work. The only hint that there might be a big change is that the mount is carrying a Bowgun in the sack on the side, so this might be a hint that you can bring 2 weapons per hunt and switch between them(not sure how fast since it's on the mount, might still need to take a break and go to your mount to switch instead of instant swapping, but still). They might design things differently around that like having more monsters with dual element weaknesses(there's a few in the game already where they're weak to one element until you break a part then the exposed part is weak to another element) or multi monster hunts being a more integral part of the game(so you bring a weapon for one mob and another for the other depending on how comfortable you are with them).

Anyway it's pretty far off even if it's early 2025 that's over a year away, so there's plenty of time for them to release more info. Don't really expect any other news until next summer though.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Reposting what I said in another thread.

I tried so hard to get into this series with MH Tri Ultimate on Wii U. Wanted a whole game of Souls Boss Fights against dragons, with big swords and whatnot. Instead it was a wildlife-killing sim with no lock-on. So I was running around trying to hack up a family of wolves or something and missing the puppies because I couldn't lock onto them. It was one of the few games I've ever stopped and gone "wait, why the fuck am I doing this" and turned off.

I have MH World and Iceborne as well (got them all at the same time IIRC and MHW was digital). I like it more but haven't gotten around to giving it a real try yet. I'm sure it'll be better than MH3U. Just having a lock-on would solve a lot, and maybe not having me murder families of animals.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to give World a real go at some point. I hope I get as much out of it as most people seem to.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Reposting what I said in another thread.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to give World a real go at some point. I hope I get as much out of it as most people seem to.

You can lock on in MHW(and Rise), although lock on is pretty bad in this series(and also in Dark Souls on a lot of fights, it's a lot easier to dodge properly when not locked). And there's not really any killing a "family of wolves" past like the first 10mins of the game so maybe that's where you stopped. A few missions basically have you kill the wild life stuff but that's like tutorial shit, past a point you only fight large monsters(other than side quests for completion which will involve stuff like gathering stuff, carrying a giant egg around and well killing trash mobs but these are pretty much optional).

It is somewhat different from Souls still though, it has a farming aspect, as in farming mobs for their drops but also gathering materials and producing more materials passively in cities to make consumables and armor/weapons. Souls you rarely have to actually stop and grind souls(every now and then or if you suck a lot but for the most part you can kinda just go from start to finish without grinding) while MH will definitely have you kill the same monsters 10-20times to get rare drops and enough of the semi rare drops to craft the full set(or not if the set sucks, just depends). And you will want to gather stuff as you run around to make consumables since you go through a lot of them to make hunts faster, but with MHW and Rise they streamlined that part a lot letting you pick up stuff as you move instead of having to stop to gather constantly like in the older ones.

Combat is also different in various aspects, hunts last longer than Souls fights, often involve breaks inbetween where you have to chase the monster who moved to another place, combat pacing is different, weapons entirely lock you to a playstyle versus the stat/gear based "make your own build" setup in souls and so on. Most fights are also usually "easier" with recovery being virtually infinite(can run out of consumables but in MHW/R you can restock mid hunt without gathering) and the fact you can cart twice before wiping fully, although some bosses are still pretty tough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
stone-cold-steve-austin.gif

PLEASE be like MHW.

It's my most played game on steam by a mile..

aaa.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
Please be like world and not rise.

Hopefully the mount part is not mandatory to move around /following you around while you're hunting...
But for now this is clearly one of the rise' gimmick they decide to keep for this one.

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Those graphics look like shit compared to MHW....and this is for PS5. MHW is the only one I sunk more than 100 hours into and I really really want this to be the next MHW. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I loved MHW, hated Rise...so I hope this is more like MHW than anything else.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Not sure if the info is accurate but I'd give Team Darkside the benefit of the doubt.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Those graphics look like shit compared to MHW....and this is for PS5. MHW is the only one I sunk more than 100 hours into and I really really want this to be the next MHW. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

It seems like they want people to associate this with World, considering it's also "MHW" and "Wilds" is somewhat similar-sounding of a word... hopefully they back that up by actually making it the next World.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
All they need to do is make more monster hunt world. Please don’t fuck this up!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
A bit of speculation since I haven't kept up with Capcom as much recently but I would assume they still have two teams that work on the series. I also assume the console team worked on MH Wilds since the portable team worked on Rise. Not to say one is better than the other necessarily because they both have their wins (portable team with Generations).

So I assume for the World lovers, this would be made by the World team.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I'll just chime in and say that I enjoyed World (not as much as some here, probably 50-60 hours) and thought Rise was terrible (probably less than an hour). I just installed Now on my phone and it's giving me the itch to fire up World again, though

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Gonna just back into world casually for a bit, play something I never really got into like Lance or everyone fav, long sword.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user