Monster Hunter: World

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Last day for Kulve and the Event quests. Need to do Ryu armor today.

I did get taroth blitz shot. So that lbg build looks fun as fuck.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
JFC Tempered Kirin in under 2 minutes.

I cannot wait for my friends and PC bros on these forums to meet the unicorn, makes my plums tingle just thinking about it.

Tempered Kirin and the first Anjanath are proper kicks in the balls.

@a_skeleton_00 what is up with the HBG guard points? I kept doing it by accident where i would face Nergigante and the barrel would deflect his attack and I could safely move out of the way. I liked it a lot but not sure how to actually do it intentionally.

I am getting way better at the charge blade guard points which are just soooo clutch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Has been a bit since I took days off work for a release of a game. Will take that 9-11th of August off I guess.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Has been a bit since I took days off work for a release of a game. Will take that 9-11th of August off I guess.

Took the 10th off as well

images

TJT TJT how has learning charged blade been? I was thinking of also maining this for PC since its a sword and shield 1/2 the time.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Korrupt Korrupt

All the fun of the SNS with the additional ability to HULK SMASH shit that pisses you off. Charged shield gives you a much stronger guard than you might otherwise have. Axe mode gives nice reach for tails and stuff. Downside is that it is pretty hard to mount compared to SNS and can't fire slinger with it out. Additionally you have to manage the charge which can make it a bit less fluid than SNS or duals or something like that.

It has some really cool Guard Points (invulnerability frames) where if you like, triple triangle at the end you get an invulnerability frame when the shield is in front of your character. Which is hard to use but very clutch.

I still like using SNS sometimes too but Charge Blade has replaced my bae Hammer just because of versatility and awesomeness.

Check out the Taroth Blitz "Shot" Normal Shot build btw.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
IGN doing a stream of the PC version. Seems to run fine, based on what I've read you want to turn off volume rendering quality, visual effect is minimal and subjectively worse than without it, and it basically eats a stupid amount of FPS for just having it.

They're running at mid setting with a 980 and i7, with volumetric on(default settings), so you can get more.

Most interesting technical part I guess is loadings are like 2-5seconds.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
That sweet sweet framerate /spooge. Looks like Paradise is streaming PC version

Last edited:

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Dude I thought I sent it I'll be on in 30mins I'm so fucking sorry my bad. How many attack decos you have 3 right or did you get another?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
IGN doing a stream of the PC version. Seems to run fine, based on what I've read you want to turn off volume rendering quality, visual effect is minimal and subjectively worse than without it, and it basically eats a stupid amount of FPS for just having it.

They're running at mid setting with a 980 and i7, with volumetric on(default settings), so you can get more.

Most interesting technical part I guess is loadings are like 2-5seconds.

You playing this? What build you starting on for pc?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Never played a ranged weapon in any serious capacity. Figured the PC release would be a good time. Plus the bow/HBG seem like they're in an amazing place in MHW.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I bought this when it came out and I CANNOT get into it on PS4. I’m still level 7 or something all these months later.

Am I missing something? The fights and chasing the god damn injured monsters around is so tedious I’m sure I’m playing the game incorrectly or something. Does it get more fun if I grind up?

I also feel like any weapon I use does more or less the same damage but I’m guessing that’s because of my level.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I bought this when it came out and I CANNOT get into it on PS4. I’m still level 7 or something all these months later.

Am I missing something? The fights and chasing the god damn injured monsters around is so tedious I’m sure I’m playing the game incorrectly or something. Does it get more fun if I grind up?

I also feel like any weapon I use does more or less the same damage but I’m guessing that’s because of my level.
Get with the forum bros IMO.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
God damn. That double trouble Lunastra Teostra quest sucks DICKS. I'd argue its worse than the Tempered Kirin one because they're always together doing their mating dance of burning the shit out of everything because fuck you.

Fuck. Took me 5 tries. That's with a full anti-blast, fire resist, Ice weapon build.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Never played a ranged weapon in any serious capacity. Figured the PC release would be a good time. Plus the bow/HBG seem like they're in an amazing place in MHW.

Thats how I feel, I tried bow on PS4 some but it was confusing. I am thinking if or when we get a beta to really give 2 new weapons a try, bow or charged blade for me.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Two variant builds based off your access to decorations:

PS_Messages_20180726_075811.jpg

This is for those with access to only a few Attack Boost decorations. 6 single slots gives you access to things like 3 Vitality 3 Divine Protection, resists, etc.

PS_Messages_20180726_075808.jpg

Second is the one I run for everything, more decoration heavy but 7 slots to fill in whatever I need, lately it's been 4 Attack / 3 Medicine or 7 Attack.