Monster Hunter: World

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
FYI

Heavy artillery does not affect your damage. It only affects the cannons and ballistas found in the arena and zorah fights. The decoration you want is called Artillery, but it is very rare (about same as another attack decoration). However, you are already using the charm so you are covered there. Probably best off swapping those out with anything else.

If you enjoy shelling, get ready to farm Kulve Taroth when it comes to PC. It drops Wide4 gunlances that are almost purely shelling. Also note that shelling is only affected by two things: artillery skill and felyne bombardier food buff. It can not crit and attack does nothing. This will become more important later on when those Wide4 lances are available.

Thank You!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What you can probably get to help damage is Handicraft. Increases your weapon's sharpness, you actually have 1pt from damascus. Try getting Kushala chest, possible death stench legs(but you'd lose the capacity thing, not sure how useful that is though with how quick reloading is on gunlance). With how fast sharpness depletes on gunlances when shelling, I think getting 5 handicraft might be necessary, although I think you want wide for shelling more, or long if you want to only shell with charged shots but then you also need focus, like kushala alpha which has 2handicraft+1focus and death stench gloves for +2focus is good for that setup. Another thing that might be worth is speed sharpening, maybe not on gear but as decorations. Or you can fish some whetscale fish, they're consumables that act as a full speed sharpening, only does the sharpening animation once and you're ready.

For tempered, you can already do tempered threat lvl 1 and 2(assuming you did the double bazelgueuse quest). Lvl 2 is good to farm decorations in if that's not what you've been doing. HR 49 is when you unlock threat lvl 3 aka elder dragons.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With silver rewards I always got 1coin of each. Literally took me about an hour to farm the longsword, which is faster than it if required a gem, generally.

I was getting absolutely fucked on RNG. Brought my friend in and we got gold on a couple and he was getting like 2 coins, and I was getting 0.

On a similar note, Arena is pretty fun for learning different weapons without wasting mats. I think I might get me a set of SNS.

Anyone get dropped after patch or have any multiplayer issues?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was watching a streamer and I noticed something I had not seen before. On his health bar there were 2 small arrows (or chevrons), one on top pointing down, and one on bottom pointing up, they were persistent regardless of his health or mantle, and they were not the normal buff/debuff icons you normally see. It was as if they were marking a threshold, but I never saw his health drop below them.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if it's that skill that gives you shit if you are at or below 35% and it works as a marker?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
f54CKTk.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I was getting absolutely fucked on RNG. Brought my friend in and we got gold on a couple and he was getting like 2 coins, and I was getting 0.

On a similar note, Arena is pretty fun for learning different weapons without wasting mats. I think I might get me a set of SNS.

Anyone get dropped after patch or have any multiplayer issues?
The problem with arena for testing is the gear they give you is really, really, really bad. Like fucking godawful tier of shit. So it's not really that useful. You can easily just craft metal or bone weapons for each weapon type, not the ones that require monster drops but the generic metal/bone lines(top ones). They don't upgrade to top tier weapons or anything but they also cost jackshit to make, just need to gather a bit, or not at all if you just do mining/gathering bounties often. Some of them you can also downgrade all the way back and shit or you can downgrade the metal one to just before the nergigante path if you like the weapon since nergi weapons tend to be good for most builds. And you can easily test like this, doing normal HR or even tempered, with a generic attack/weakness exploit/handicraft armor build(replace handicraft with pierce/spread/normal/bow charge etc for ranged weapons obv). You only lose like 50k per weapon you craft, and money is pretty easy to come by at high level anyway.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hatorade Hatorade I love my charge blade but always planned on trying out bow, and want to avoid losing any jewels that I might need in the future.

I'm currently saving the following jewels for Charge Blade:
Elementless Jewel
Tenderizer Jewel
Attack Jewel
Magazine Jewel
Vitality
Ear Plugs
Artillery Jewel
Focus Jewel
Guard Jewel

In addition to those, I'm saving:
Drain Jewel
Mighty Bow Jewel
Expert Jewel
Spread Jewel
Physique Jewel

Anything else really valuable and hard to get that I should be saving?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Tbh you probably should be keeping all jewels just in case of, other than the ones you have enough copy to max already. For example if you have 4 miasma jewels, since you can only ever get 3 levels, you can get rid of the 4th one. But in this specific example, these are useful for arch tempered vaal hazak(and tempered vaal hazak too really). There's a lot of shit like that that might not be useful, until it is. And if you end up not having them because you threw them into the melder to get some random garbage you probably don't need either, you'll regret it.

I guess the non combat stuff you could throw away if you don't care, geologist, botanist etc. You can generally make a gathering set without decorations anyway. You could also meld the resist and attack elem jewels, because you can meld for these specifically, although some of them are pretty useful for arch tempered elders or for doing elem builds(which bow does a lot). There are some that are pretty shitty too like wind pressure one since it doesn't work on the one boss you'd want it to work, kushala(need hunting horn buff or the 3pc kushala set for him), evade window I don't think I've ever seen used, resentment looks pretty garbage and so on, but I'm still keeping them for now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I needed a gaming night, I have a hall pass all night tonight too :)

yeah shit went down, GG everyone.

Tuco Tuco what Pyros said. Just note if you elemental bow you will need best of each type of water, fire, ice, lightning. Elementaless bow builds are viable but need very specific/rare decos. Look into coil bender bow if that interests you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The problem with arena for testing is the gear they give you is really, really, really bad. Like fucking godawful tier of shit. So it's not really that useful. You can easily just craft metal or bone weapons for each weapon type, not the ones that require monster drops but the generic metal/bone lines(top ones). They don't upgrade to top tier weapons or anything but they also cost jackshit to make, just need to gather a bit, or not at all if you just do mining/gathering bounties often. Some of them you can also downgrade all the way back and shit or you can downgrade the metal one to just before the nergigante path if you like the weapon since nergi weapons tend to be good for most builds. And you can easily test like this, doing normal HR or even tempered, with a generic attack/weakness exploit/handicraft armor build(replace handicraft with pierce/spread/normal/bow charge etc for ranged weapons obv). You only lose like 50k per weapon you craft, and money is pretty easy to come by at high level anyway.
The fully upgraded Bone-line Bow isn't terrible at all, especially if your build has free element easily obtained, the only drawback is the element is Water.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Tuco Tuco what Pyros said. Just note if you elemental bow you will need best of each type of water, fire, ice, lightning. Elementaless bow builds are viable but need very specific/rare decos. Look into coil bender bow if that interests you.
Someone did math and the Princess Arrow III was a pretty close second to Cera, and a lot easier to build / augment. I'm still not quite sold on "the higher max element is always better", specifically for Ice, the Kushala bow is just so much more versatile.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tbh you probably should be keeping all jewels just in case of, other than the ones you have enough copy to max already. For example if you have 4 miasma jewels, since you can only ever get 3 levels, you can get rid of the 4th one. But in this specific example, these are useful for arch tempered vaal hazak(and tempered vaal hazak too really). There's a lot of shit like that that might not be useful, until it is. And if you end up not having them because you threw them into the melder to get some random garbage you probably don't need either, you'll regret it.

I guess the non combat stuff you could throw away if you don't care, geologist, botanist etc. You can generally make a gathering set without decorations anyway. You could also meld the resist and attack elem jewels, because you can meld for these specifically, although some of them are pretty useful for arch tempered elders or for doing elem builds(which bow does a lot). There are some that are pretty shitty too like wind pressure one since it doesn't work on the one boss you'd want it to work, kushala(need hunting horn buff or the 3pc kushala set for him), evade window I don't think I've ever seen used, resentment looks pretty garbage and so on, but I'm still keeping them for now.

So is the basic advice to collect a full set (ex: 3x blast resistance, 1x Satiated) for basically all the decorations:
Decorations | Monster Hunter World Wiki

Before worrying about melding decorations?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure elemental spam bow is the best dps with our current monsters, though I do have a elementless dragon piercer partbreaker set.

With elemental bows you'll wanna find around 3 elemental decorations for that specific damage for each bow to make it optimal. Obviously it works without but you won't get max benefit until you get those decorations.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Is Heavy Bowgun secretly shit? It's pretty unwieldy and about as slow as a Greatsword while the damage feels pretty underwhelming. I just thought I could make my life easier against Xeno so I don't try to blow my brains out from fighting it with a hammer.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Two Events which are very useful: Triple Threat (good for Deco), and the Pink Rathian/Legiana (great for HR).

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Two Events which are very useful: Triple Threat (good for Deco), and the Pink Rathian/Legiana (great for HR).

Pretty sure Triple threat will mostly give you shit gems though. I think the best/fastest/easiest way to get good decos, unless you're amazing, fully geared, or getting carried is to just run tier 2 tempered monsters.

Definitely gonna spam Snow & Cherry Blossoms (P Rathian and Legiana) though for HR.