Monster Hunter: World

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
And then you find out you need a specific Streamstone for the rarity of the weapon you want to Augment. The weapons I want to upgrade are r7's... so those nice two Hero Streamstones were useless to me. =)

Yeah we'll see how long it takes to get that second warrior's streamstone.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I keep getting streamstones on Kushala when I'm doing it with Cluster HBG, and they're all fucking gun streamstones. It's like the game knows I'm cheesing so it's only giving me shit I don't need to upgrade stuff I don't like.

I did augment one of my lances at least, and I have the mats to augment an insect glaive if I ever decide to do it, but feel I want more gems first in case of.

It's better doing it this way, instead of charm tables.... belive me having to create characters at certain days and times was a real pain in the ass.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Bam! 3rd Monster in.

Need to find a shelling build now.

Bam!.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How you liking the health regen? It sounds really powerful, but there's a lot of argument for whether to get health regen on a charge blade.
It doesn't heal THAT much, but it's nice if you take a bit of damage here and there to heal up. I would say it's probably good on charge blade? Because when you block strong shit, you still take chip damage even with guard point I think, and if you land a SAED it's gonna heal you quite a lot too. I have it on my lance and it lets me ignore teostra burning which is annoying as fuck as lance because you can't roll without sheathing and sheathing a lance is slow as goddamn fuck and vaal hazak poison cloud shit(still need 3resistance to not get the aids debuff though). I think unless you're doing speedruns, the healing is going to be better than attack though, and affinity isn't that great for charge blade due to phials not critting I believe? I don't know to me at least so far as I've used it, it feels like it's worth it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
should i buy a controller if i get this game? or keyboard and mouse is fine.
Most people say kb/mouse is totally fine, and in many cases (ranged) superior to gamepad.

Personally I like gamepad for melee weapons.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The mouse shit is a bit weird, I think because of acceleration? They said they were going to have raw input but that was 2weeks ago. But I've seen a few people play with a keyboard, seems fine. You will have to rebind shit though, a lot of the default keybindings are retarded nonsense, but I don't think I've ever played a game where I didn't have to rebind shit on PC anyway.

Menus and shit are better with k+m actually and the ranged weapon shit is probably better if you're not good at aiming with a pad but good with a mouse.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It doesn't heal THAT much, but it's nice if you take a bit of damage here and there to heal up. I would say it's probably good on charge blade? Because when you block strong shit, you still take chip damage even with guard point I think, and if you land a SAED it's gonna heal you quite a lot too. I have it on my lance and it lets me ignore teostra burning which is annoying as fuck as lance because you can't roll without sheathing and sheathing a lance is slow as goddamn fuck and vaal hazak poison cloud shit(still need 3resistance to not get the aids debuff though). I think unless you're doing speedruns, the healing is going to be better than attack though, and affinity isn't that great for charge blade due to phials not critting I believe? I don't know to me at least so far as I've used it, it feels like it's worth it.
This matches what I'm expecting. Can't wait to get the drop I need.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
After trying to flush rathalos by blowing the dam for about an hour, I manned up and smashed his face. Diablos went down on 2nd try.

Feels good.

should i buy a controller if i get this game? or keyboard and mouse is fine.

both ranged and melee are fluid on m/kb, movement works perfectly as far as i can tell

its the dark souls movement scheme copied 100% pretty much

Last edited:

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Come carry my ass through Arena quests so I can get mine :)

You would make an old soldier relive the horrors of war? PTSD from those last two arena quests. But I guess it wouldn't nearly be as bad with two people. My understanding of those mobs is they are singularly tuned so you get no advantage if you solo them, and in fact I would imagine that the gold timings are impossible to get on most without a duo. Unlike non arena mobs which are tuned for solo or for multiplayer. So it's actually disadvantageous to duo, but having 3 is good and having 4 is best with mob scaling at I believe 2.8 health with multiplayer scaling.

No idea why they do that though.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I left my casual hunting friend behind when I noticed he was using starter weapons on Anjanath

friendship only goes that far

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
You would make an old soldier relive the horrors of war? PTSD from those last two arena quests. But I guess it wouldn't nearly be as bad with two people. My understanding of those mobs is they are singularly tuned so you get no advantage if you solo them, and in fact I would imagine that the gold timings are impossible to get on most without a duo. Unlike non arena mobs which are tuned for solo or for multiplayer. So it's actually disadvantageous to duo, but having 3 is good and having 4 is best with mob scaling at I believe 2.8 health with multiplayer scaling.

No idea why they do that though.

Ended up getting them done last night. Never used the filtering option for Join Session, but it worked really well in joining one that was focused on Arena quests. Pretty much knocked them out back-to-back with the same 3-4 of us duo’ing them together. I found the Urgaan + Rabodan to be hilariously fun. There was quite a bit of Rye involved by that point though.

Evernothing

I made the move last night from Charge Blade to Switch Axe. Massive increase in my DPS. I would say I'm killing some monsters in half or 1/3 the time.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I made the move last night from Charge Blade to Switch Axe. Massive increase in my DPS. I would say I'm killing some monsters in half or 1/3 the time.
I'm using charge blade now. What would you say is the cause of your increased DPS?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The heal aug with an SnS is monstrous, it's damage based or charge moves make it stronger. It's the difference in having to use potions or just ignoring even 1/2 your life missing and healing it back up quick.

Evernothing

I'm using charge blade now. What would you say is the cause of your increased DPS?

Charge Blade requires you to get at least your shield charged for max DPS, and you sword too if you can manage it, for the natural Mind's Eye (no bouncing attacks). Doing this takes up a lot of time where I find my self either missing the monsters with the attack combo that actually charges your phials, or locked into animations I don't want to be as the faster monsters move.

I also end up missing with a significant number of my SAED combos, again because the faster monsters move out of the way by the time I'm at the end of the combo.

Charge Blade is a great weapon, with a very high skill cap. I enjoyed it, but I was just getting a little annoyed by the time spent charging up. With the Switch Axe, I can pretty much always be attacking.

Evernothing

I was also not good at using the guard points with CB, which you really needto be able to do if you want to get max DPS out of it.