Monster Hunter: World

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
When I was playing charge blade I feel like there was some secret I didn't know about regarding how to attack a monster somebody else mounted. And it seemed in the games I was in if some insect glaive guy was in there with a bunch of melee, everytime he mounted it we just kind of waste 30s.

It really depends on the monster tbh, the only thing you shouldn't do is flash it or wyvern fire it (even that's ok if you don't clip the other player).

Some monsters like Kushala just fly up which is bad for melee, but gives a ton of ranged openings. It really depends.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
whats so bad about flashing a monster when someone has mounted it, it usually gets it down right away which is much more damage than 3 other people standing around waiting for it to come down, no?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Mouse and keyboard, right click to reticle, Q for spread.

So I set up my keybindings properly and finally feel like I'm comfortable hitting what I want to in this game.

I'm using a Logitech G600 MMO Gaming type mouse with the following bindings for the 12 thumb buttons:

81Gepr-sTpL._SL1500_.jpg

G9: Spread
G10: Sprint
G11: nothing yet...
G12: Heal Pot Macro (F1 -> 1)
G13: Nullberry Macro
G14: Flash Pod
G15: Shock Trap
G16: Tranq Bomb
G17: Dung Pod
G18: Enter (to confirm all the prompts instead of mousing over to click them)
G19: craft power coating
G20: buff macro

I hit my buff macro when I'm at the tent. It does the following:
1. Change gear to mushroomancer/item prolonger set
2. Pop Devil's Blight (dash juice buff) / Immunizer / Demondrug etc.
3. turns back to tent
4. Navigate to gear change menu to the select gear menu.

I could probably modify it so change my item set so I don't have to carry nitroshroom / toadstool / devil's blight, but I don't really pick any crafting materials up usually.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco...You make a macro to sheath, load, fire?
I dont know what that action sequence is, but ive set it up so that every action only takes a single key press. All the actual combat of weapon usage isnt suitable for macroing. Ex: the bow and decision to spread vs focus fire vs arc fire changes based on the flow of combat. The only other weapon I know is charge blade and it'd be equally unsuitable.

But being able to press one button to run my pre fight buffs is a huge improvement to my quality of life.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Gotcha. I made several macroes for my buffs. May make one mega macro for all pre fight buffs.

Assuming I load loaded dung, flash whatever...I made a macro that sheaths, "aims", fires, "un-aims". Made my life a ton easier on fights. Don't need to worry about others flashing most fights.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Gotcha. I made several macroes for my buffs. May make one mega macro for all pre fight buffs.

Assuming I load loaded dung, flash whatever...I made a macro that sheaths, "aims", fires, "un-aims". Made my life a ton easier on fights. Don't need to worry about others flashing most fights.
Ah i see. Thats a good idea, ill try it out.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hatorade Hatorade People are saying to aug affinity on bows in general, does that sound right?

I really like health regen on my charge blade, but I read that only one arrow in each shot gets any of the HP regen, or there is some kind of cooldown on the life leech effect?

Right now I'm kinda following:
Bow Sets That Satisfy Almost All Your Needs : MonsterHunter

Do what feels good, affinity on bows is best for most builds. Also if you are getting hit as a bow user you fucked up so life leech is far less important, that link is for people with all the decos and armor sets. If you are starting off you can just use what I am currently, easy to get and works with all elemental bows. Using flinch free until I get another Con deco to max it out, feel free to switch out Stamina thief with attack gems or whatever else that you like as you get them. If you like normal shot dmg use diablos nero legs instead of lavasioth.
1537738046475.png

1537738221325.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Do what feels good, affinity on bows is best for most builds. Also if you are getting hit as a bow user you fucked up so life leech is far less important, that link is for people with all the decos and armor sets. If you are starting off you can just use what I am currently, easy to get and works with all elemental bows. Using flinch free until I get another Con deco to max it out, feel free to switch out Stamina thief with attack gems or whatever else that you like as you get them. If you like normal shot dmg use diablos nero legs instead of lavasioth.
View attachment 176860
View attachment 176861
Nice, that armor is exactly what i am using. I got lucky and got a mighty bow deco yesterday.

• 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Here are the two end game builds I'm working on.

Grinding these deco's is gonna take a while!

build2.png
build1.png

Apparently with the Barroth Grinder paralysis build combined with Flash Fly Cage and Shock Traps, you can keep the monster's CC'd pretty much the whole fight. Sounds fun in theory.

Last edited:

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I set up my keybindings properly and finally feel like I'm comfortable hitting what I want to in this game.

I'm using a Logitech G600 MMO Gaming type mouse with the following bindings for the 12 thumb buttons:

81Gepr-sTpL._SL1500_.jpg

That's the mouse I use too. I love it.

Has the halloween event started on PC yet? Haven't logged in a while

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm going to hit 49 tonight. Tempered Kirin here I come.

Shouldn't be too hard with Shadow Shades and Thunderproof mantle....right.....right?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
high level play against black diablos with those conditions using the weapons I like (charge blade / bow) would be way more interesting to me than the speed kills.

I think I'd be more interested in it if they were solo though.