Monster Hunter: World

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Because Sony has the OS set to copy the ENTIRE GAME for any patch of any size... even if it's just a few megs, it still makes a copy of the entire game. This may have made sense when the bigger games were 35-50 gigs. Now that they are much bigger... ugh yeah it's awful

The current COD is 150 gigs.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Hammer feels like shit on Jho because Jho is like the tallest monster there is. So you're just chasing down his legs which is stupid too. I still run HBG on him because I can down him really quickly with Spread HBG.

Certainly isn't enjoyable though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love Scarred Garuga, even though it kills me at least once during a fight every time if lose track of where it is when it does the fireball attacks.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The current COD is 150 gigs.

It's funny because everyone was all :emoji_scream: at RDR 2's size... and hell pretty much every game released since then is just as big or bigger. Hell Division 2 was like 120 when all was done and said for. Here's hoping Nioh 2 is more reasonably sized when it comes out as that will be pretty much all I run for the rest of the year.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I love Scarred Garuga, even though it kills me at least once during a fight every time if lose track of where it is when it does the fireball attacks.
I do think it's a fun fight, has some really cool attacks, the rapid fire fireball shit is hilarious and many of his moves are really unique but he's definitely pretty high on the monster that will randomly kill me even when using lance. Which isn't that many realistically, most elders are a joke, Lunastra will kill me sometimes on her nova depending on when I get pushed while sheathing but that's basically it and most other monsters are also jokes on lance even usually dangerous ones like Black Diablos, with Guard 5 and Guard Up(for his new charge), I can basically block everything without much of a risk, I think I was taking more chip dmg in vanilla. But Scarred Garuga is so quick and his moves so punishing it can go wrong pretty quick. That's fine though, better than "go through blocks grabs" from Jho.

When I tried him with SA it wasn't that much better though, the legs are pretty tough and it's hard to anticipate what he's doing and the hitboxes on some of his moves are fucking huge as hell. I think Long Sword would probably be best but have yet to try and I don't train with LS enough to be confident I'll dodge everything anyway.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Pyros Pyros I haven't tried this but I am relatively certain if you are running the Shara Ishvalda set bonus that prevents all def down/flinch/wind/etc and a lance build then Jho will not be able to grab you. The reason he can is because he always stomps you into defense down then grabs you. Negating your guard.

I mean if we were good at the game we could anticipate the stomp and roll through it and prevent the grab. But whatever. This build would be total overkill but it would certainly be comfy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I mean if it's just the def down you can use 3points in def down immunity or the charm, but I'm not sure it's that. Maybe I'll try it out next time I fight Jho but unlike vanilla where I had to fight him several times to get a bunch of the weapons, in IB his weapons are just pretty much all shit since negative affinity is a much bigger issue now with max might being shit.

Atm I'm mostly still trying to get a gold rathian investigation, I've only gotten her+another monster, meanwhile I have like 9 silver rathalos investigations, keep getting these instead. I've also hit forest 7 after farming coral 7 a bunch and dropping it, and once I got enough scarred garuga items and another Kushala kill I'll drop it and maybe get Rotten Vale back to 7 for temp Brute Tigrex and Vaal and then just go back to Coral for Namielle(I have like 70materials and 5weapons augmented already but eh). It surprisingly isn't that long to level these guiding lands shit, people made it sound like it was horrible but all I do is just kill monsters, no fancy trap spamming shit or whatever but just killed like 3.5monsters and get a level so it goes pretty quickly especially when luring low tier shit, they give the same progress but you can kill Jagras/Girros/Kulu/Tzitzi in like 3-5mins just mashing buttons.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Actually I take it back, Tigrex is a fucking bitch. WTF is this shit?

giphy.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got several of the Steel/Silver/Gold Tickets from the Steamworks. Used them at the melder, got a few nice combo deco's and one Attack gem. Cool!

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, as someone who flew through the story of the core game I have like no decos, lol. Most builds I look up almost every single deco they use I've never even seen before.

Gotta do a lot of farming / melding.

Still really enjoying Insect Glaive (Kdachi Vipertail I), but only like MR4 and HR25.

Steamworks seems silly, this was my haul yesterday.

1579836422786.png

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I’ve probably logged 50 hours since xpac released..l pretty addicted to this and only briefly messed around in GL. Want to get two more dB element wes done. Btw where is teostra MR?! I’ve done a few mr elders randomly jumping into sos but never seen teostra

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I’ve probably logged 50 hours since xpac released..l pretty addicted to this and only briefly messed around in GL. Want to get two more dB element wes done. Btw where is teostra MR?! I’ve done a few mr elders randomly jumping into sos but never seen teostra
Works the same way as any other elders you'll find him randomly in elder recess or wildspire in expeditions(check map between missions), or just join any SOS with him and you should unlock the optional to kill him and you'll be able to get tracks for investigations.

Man current events involve A LOT of farming. The VIP tickets shouldn't be so bad spamming the gathering event quest shit that takes a minute but need like 12 tickets from the Zinogre/Namielle quest and need fucking 28tickets from the Barrioth event quest.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Been farming Teostra for the set bonus and I'm almost done. I hate dealing with his moves though, I know he's easy but there's something about his moveset that always gets me.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Some of these guild palace weapons look real good. Hammer and Sword and Shield especially.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Works the same way as any other elders you'll find him randomly in elder recess or wildspire in expeditions(check map between missions), or just join any SOS with him and you should unlock the optional to kill him and you'll be able to get tracks for investigations.

Man current events involve A LOT of farming. The VIP tickets shouldn't be so bad spamming the gathering event quest shit that takes a minute but need like 12 tickets from the Zinogre/Namielle quest and need fucking 28tickets from the Barrioth event quest.
Do the Limited Bounty, that will give you 5 Gratitude Tickets that will let you craft the Astral armor set. Use that set and join low rank SoS missions for bonus VIP tickets.

Edit: Unless you were wanting to upgrade the Guild Palace weapons(s) and the other event weapons, not sure if the Astral armor will buff those drops.

Last edited:

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well I came back to this while waiting for Nioh 2 but I am on PS4. I finally powered my way through HR and beat vanilla game. Started the expansion proper last night and I have the Snow guy that looks like the water guy and a rhino had sex. I have his gear set built save the boots. So far so good... but good god damn the weapon trees are just insane to look at right now. There are so many options it's impossible to keep up with what is what. I may go back and farm up the Diablos Tree (CB here) because OMG Raw... but with the negative affinity I'm not sure I see the trade off here if I have to devote a shitload of my skills just to make it not suck on that front. But everyone says element is shit, but good lord, pretty much all of it is some kind of element or effect it seems. I always liked element on CB because it seemed to kill shit faster if the monster was weak to it. It is insane how the basic bitch armor from the first guy blows anything from HR away... even top end guys.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Do the Limited Bounty, that will give you 5 Gratitude Tickets that will let you craft the Astral armor set. Use that set and join low rank SoS missions for bonus VIP tickets.

Edit: Unless you were wanting to upgrade the Guild Palace weapons(s) and the other event weapons, not sure if the Astral armor will buff those drops.
I have the set, I got a bunch of tickets joining other people but running the solo event works well enough too, it's quick runs(35-40secs), gives 2-3 of the basic IB decorations and tickets every 4runs or so. I'm just gonna keep running groups until I have the "help 10 ppl" achievement and then finish solo, need quite a lot of these tickets.

Guild Palace is separate shit I think, that's gonna take a while, although technically I could just not bother and shop edit the tickets.

Currently burning my coal in Steamworks while watching dota, had almost 50k so taking a while.