Monster Hunter: World

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Furious Rajang, I can feel the rage already.
Really surprised they went with another Rajang so soon, was kind of hoping for a different Banboro or even a smaller one like Tzitsi.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Man with the golden name!

fgggffg.jpg

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think regardless of weapon I just suck at this game, lol. Was stuck on Velkhana forever and now same with Blackveil Vaal Hazaak. Felt I was making the most progress with CB instead of LS since you can unload on him when he raises up on his hind legs but I keep failing. I don't see how you can figure out what breath he's going to do while staying behind him so I'm not blocking at the right times.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Couple noob question if you guys could help me out. Looking for a game to play with my wife and son and since you can pick up the original game pretty cheap now was thinking of giving this a try. I loathe playing with a controller is this a doable game with K/B? And I've also heard that the way co op play works is a little wonky but I don't really know anything about it. Will we be able to play through it as a 3 person squad?

Also my wife and I are not the best at twitch type skill games, is there difficulty settings to get it at a balance? My son will run circles around us but hoping we can still make it fun for the group.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think regardless of weapon I just suck at this game, lol. Was stuck on Velkhana forever and now same with Blackveil Vaal Hazaak. Felt I was making the most progress with CB instead of LS since you can unload on him when he raises up on his hind legs but I keep failing. I don't see how you can figure out what breath he's going to do while staying behind him so I'm not blocking at the right times.

If you want to easy mode Vaal Hazaak just make sure you're running anti-Miasma so his breath doesn't half your health. You should have the gems for it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Couple noob question if you guys could help me out. Looking for a game to play with my wife and son and since you can pick up the original game pretty cheap now was thinking of giving this a try. I loathe playing with a controller is this a doable game with K/B? And I've also heard that the way co op play works is a little wonky but I don't really know anything about it. Will we be able to play through it as a 3 person squad?

Also my wife and I are not the best at twitch type skill games, is there difficulty settings to get it at a balance? My son will run circles around us but hoping we can still make it fun for the group.

Just play slower weapons. Lance/HBG/ anything that can block really. Lets you control more of the pace of the game and you don't get one shot can hide behind the shield. I would recommend using a controller but some people in here swear by the MKB. Mileage may vary.

There are no difficulty settings. You will naturally improve. The only real difficulty setting is that you can lean on defensive skills as a handicap until you no longer need them.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Or make the charm with +3 effluvial his breath shit makes it a piece of cake. Iceborne I have found is just a massive step up in difficulty but once you learn the moves it becomes trivial basically for a lot of the monsters. I had the shittiest time with Baroth, Velk, then finally Shara and once I beat them once I have never had a problem with them ever again. Just muscle memory I suppose

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Controls with the keyboard are a bit weird to configure but once you get around to it, it's not that bad BUT it's still kinda shit if you switch between melee weapons and ranged weapons since the way they're configured is weird. You can however make presets for keybindings to switch shit around. Once you're setup though it's just as good I'd say, in some ways better(can do items kinda better imo).

Coop is indeed a little wonky. Basically what happens during the story is everyone's given a new quest, and you have to go in the quest solo and find the monster(usually you follow tracks and stuff until you find it). Once you find it, a cutscene introducing the monster plays. After the cutscene, you can then multiplayer the monster. This requires everyone but one person leaves their quest, then join the person's quest. So you basically have to constantly enter the quest, leave, then remake it in multi. It's a bit annoying but it's not the end of the world on PC with SSD loading times(on consoles you'd be looking at 1minute loading times so that'd be 3mins added on top everytime, which is a fucking pain, PC is like 15secs loads).

There is no difficulty setting, but you can kinda work around it. Multiplayer is easier, you can also play more defensively with some builds, or you can run a support build. For all of vanilla though using the Defender gear is basically easy mode until the very end. After that you can make a really tanky build if you want to. For example you can run a free meal secret divine blessing secret endgame build with speed eating, health boost, divine blessing and free meal, add stun resist and you're virtually unkillable. Or you can run Vaal Hazak+Divine Blessing for big regen instead. One of you can also play the Hunting Horn and use one that's adapted to the fight to compensate for issues. Ailment negated, wind pressure negated, Defense XL, Health regen, bunch of stuff you can do. The weapon is kinda weak without Iceborne though. Even just running Wide Range to heal people is generally enough to keep them alive.

Overall it's fairly easy to "carry" a player in the game, as long as they're not actively messing it up by for example not buffing their health and running health boost so they die in one hit(pubs do this shit all the time but if it's your wife it'd be easy to just build specifically with that in mind).

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

I play strictly M/KB. I'm fairly new in the sense I started playing Monster Hunter last year for the 1st time. Same exact boat as you with twitch skills now that I am damn near 50. Play Lance, Gunlance or Great Sword. All block and are much more forgiving than dodging. Especially Lance.

Playing with keyboard and mouse is a lot easier if you can macros or reassign functions to the mouse. Not even macros really. Just when you press the the thumb button on your mouse let's say, it presses 2 keys simultaneously. And with Iceborne some of those two key presses are already in game!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I play with controller but I've been playing the game sense the first one, so I'm use too the wonky ass controls.

Last time I tried keyboard controls *barf* failed Varusaburosu(Hellfire Diablos) in Frontier(RIP)

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
If you want to easy mode Vaal Hazaak just make sure you're running anti-Miasma so his breath doesn't half your health. You should have the gems for it.

I have one Miasma gem but like 30 Wind Ref, lol. I didn't know there was a Charm you could make with the +3 Effuluvium. Guess that will have to work.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

You suck at a lot of things, Brando, but you are a great asshat.

If you need a hand, I'd be happy to help. Velkhana gave me trouble because of her bullshit ice breath garbage. For Vaal Hazaak is not really that hard. Make sure you keep your decorations set properly.

I use these for reference, as with DB its much more important to get proper affinity, your weapon might not matter though.
1581704332351.png

1581704315280.png

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
You suck at a lot of things, Brando, but you are a great asshat.

If you need a hand, I'd be happy to help. Velkhana gave me trouble because of her bullshit ice breath garbage. For Vaal Hazaak is not really that hard. Make sure you keep your decorations set properly.

I use these for reference, as with DB its much more important to get proper affinity, your weapon might not matter though.
View attachment 249122

View attachment 249121

This part is a bit confusing and I think partly weapon dependent? I get that all things being equal you want to use the weapon that the monster is the weakest to but I think from the Meta lists there are certain weapons where one weapon is better no matter what?

I do look at the Hunter's Notes in game which this seems to refer to and I'm using the Glavenous CB instead of the Chrome Fortress for the extra fire damage on Blackveil Vaal Hazaak. Biggest issue is the effluvium buildup I think, will try him tonight after making that charm since I have no miasma gems.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This part is a bit confusing and I think partly weapon dependent? I get that all things being equal you want to use the weapon that the monster is the weakest to but I think from the Meta lists there are certain weapons where one weapon is better no matter what?

I do look at the Hunter's Notes in game which this seems to refer to and I'm using the Glavenous CB instead of the Chrome Fortress for the extra fire damage on Blackveil Vaal Hazaak. Biggest issue is the effluvium buildup I think, will try him tonight after making that charm since I have no miasma gems.
Depends on weapons and shit yeah. If you play DB/Bow you definitly want to hit the right element, for others are good raw option will do fine on everything(gold rathian or royal weapons on PC). Once Safi goes live a lot of the BiS weapons are just the blast raw one, but technically against 3star weakness monsters the weapon with the right element tends to pull ahead slightly(like 2-5% more) so you could in theory use that but in a lot of cases it kinda doesn't matter.

And yeah definitly just fix effluvium. If you mean normal vaal hazak in vanilla, there's no good way to deal with it though, the charm require vaal hazak materials, the HR armors are surprisingly shit for it and you won't have decos. So you kinda have to wing it and once you kill him you can make his armor or the charm to get +3. If you mean blackveil in Iceborne, then you have a lot more options, obviously at this point you can get the charm but you can also use various MR armors like Girros and Hornetaur which have effluvia resist on them that you can farm before it.

Last edited: