Monster Hunter: World

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Here are two things I just pulled off of Reddit that are interesting, since it did not work like this in earlier versions of the series:

Health Up skill now stacks with Eating/Max Potion/Ancient Potion to put you up to 200 total health.

Attack Up from Food, Demondrugs, Might Seeds, Powercharm, Powertalon, Hunting Horn and the Palico Coral Orchestra all stack with each other. The bonuses are:
  • Food: +5 / +10 / +15
  • Horn: +10 / +15 / +15% / +20%
  • Palico: +15%
  • Powercharm: +6
  • Powertalon: +9
  • Demondrug: +5
  • Mega Demondrug: +7
  • Might Seed: +10

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Here are two things I just pulled off of Reddit that are interesting, since it did not work like this in earlier versions of the series:

Health Up skill now stacks with Eating/Max Potion/Ancient Potion to put you up to 200 total health.

Attack Up from Food, Demondrugs, Might Seeds, Powercharm, Powertalon, Hunting Horn and the Palico Coral Orchestra all stack with each other. The bonuses are:
  • Food: +5 / +10 / +15
  • Horn: +10 / +15 / +15% / +20%
  • Palico: +15%
  • Powercharm: +6
  • Powertalon: +9
  • Demondrug: +5
  • Mega Demondrug: +7
  • Might Seed: +10

+ the upgraded power charm/talon.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a glitch with the search for Nergigante story quest? I went through Elder Recess, got to a certain point and couldn't find anymore traces of Nergi. Went Astrea, got some updates, but the story sent me back to complete the Elder Recess part. So I went back, found a track and a spikes, got the update saying it was complete and to head to Astrea. I get some new optional quests, but it still wants me to go back to Elder Recess to find traces of Nergi.. is that how it should work? I had thought I'd just go around the various maps and find tracks like with the other quests.

skylan

Trakanon Raider
More beginners questions:

I've done up to that dino/fish thing in the second xone, forget his name. I have a ton of armor choices to craft however my weapon crafting choices are iron and bone? At what point do I get more options?

For the capture quests, if I fail on the first capture do I have to abandon the quest and start again? You only get one trap and 8 tranq bombs.. I've trapped and spammed through all 8 bombs and failed before , because I'm terrible .. but what makes more sense to me is abandon and start over rather than go try to find the ingredients to craft more.

How do you change calico gadgets?

Thanks again , this game is great

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

I've done up to that dino/fish thing in the second xone, forget his name. I have a ton of armor choices to craft however my weapon crafting choices are iron and bone? At what point do I get more options?

For the capture quests, if I fail on the first capture do I have to abandon the quest and start again? You only get one trap and 8 tranq bombs.. I've trapped and spammed through all 8 bombs and failed before , because I'm terrible .. but what makes more sense to me is abandon and start over rather than go try to find the ingredients to craft more.

For weapons, click Upgrade, not Forge, there's a giant tree of weapons to choose from

No you don't have to fail and re-get, you can just use your own pit/shock traps. they are easy to craft. Don't use your bombs until the monster is either limping or runs away and falls asleep. Then use a trap on its sleeping body, and 2 tranq bombs will knock it out.

Change Palico gadgets anywhere you can change your equipment. The stealing blade is the best, especially on rare/difficult stuff. You have to actually unlock the other gadgets via quests though.

• 1Solidarity

skylan

Trakanon Raider
For weapons, click Upgrade, not Forge, there's a giant tree of weapons to choose from

No you don't have to fail and re-get, you can just use your own pit/shock traps. they are easy to craft. Don't use your bombs until the monster is either limping or runs away and falls asleep. Then use a trap on its sleeping body, and 2 tranq bombs will knock it out.

Change Palico gadgets anywhere you can change your equipment. The stealing blade is the best, especially on rare/difficult stuff. You have to actually unlock the other gadgets via quests though.

Thanks again Chysamere. I was under the impression that the tree required some basic weapons crafted to start with, I've upgraded as much as possible but haven't had many choices. I guess I haven't gotten far enough to obtain the materials.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't see your PSN in yoir profile or I would add you.

It shows on the profile but its not feeding over to the spot below my avatar for some reason. Its Korrupt-44 though for my PSN.

This game is so addicting, got my 2 more RL buddies to buy it last night after they watched me play.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Each Area has its own Palico gadget you can acquire. You can change them out in your room/Research Center or on the mission. Wherever the Palico has his tackle box thing is where you can change up his stuff or anywhere with an item box.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It shows on the profile but its not feeding over to the spot below my avatar for some reason. Its Korrupt-44 though for my PSN.

This game is so addicting, got my 2 more RL buddies to buy it last night after they watched me play.

No joke bro. This is a hard contender for GOTY.

Going to get Sword and Shield or something up to Rarity 6 along with the hammer. As far as the elemental damage types. Which seem to be the most effective?

I've been valuing Sleep/Paralysis/Affinity over anything else. With the right setup can elemental dmg be huge?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Last boss and his unblockable oneshots can suck my nuts. Have to upgrade to the set that makes unblockable stuff blockable before I give him another show.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Last boss and his unblockable oneshots can suck my nuts. Have to upgrade to the set that makes unblockable stuff blockable before I give him another show.

Pretty wild you're on the last boss, saw a video of him last night and it looked like an MMO final boss. I noticed he has an armor set named after him and one for Zorah so Im assuming we can farm them somehow? I fucked up somehow on your invites too and it bugged them out, I think I know what im doing now though on PSN.

No joke bro. This is a hard contender for GOTY.

Going to get Sword and Shield or something up to Rarity 6 along with the hammer. As far as the elemental damage types. Which seem to be the most effective?

I've been valuing Sleep/Paralysis/Affinity over anything else. With the right setup can elemental dmg be huge?

I cant believe how fun it is, I am so glad I bought a PS4 for this. For SnS ive been using the Puka Puka Tree for the poison but i have NFC what is good. I just like the fact it makes monsters puke poison over and over.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I cant believe how fun it is, I am so glad I bought a PS4 for this. For SnS ive been using the Puka Puka Tree for the poison but i have NFC what is good. I just like the fact it makes monsters puke poison over and over.

Knockouts/Sleep/Paralysis offer more downtime to beat the shit out of a monster is my only reasoning. As every aspect of gameplay is designed around making use of a collapsed monster. Affinity is the chance for your weapon to deal more damage on hit but it doesn't mean the same thing as Crit. There is also crit draw so that you will always crit on a draw swing if you do hit it. So many stats, skills and shit man!

This is just my reasoning and I can easily be fucking clueless. I am looking for additional evidence that an Elemental build, against the right monster, could be super strong.

The Power and Armor charm seem like a requirement also since they only take an inventory slot.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider

SnS is one of the best weapons for afflicting status effects because it's builds per hit and not damage. I'd craft Paralyze tree also.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Knockouts/Sleep/Paralysis offer more downtime to beat the shit out of a monster is my only reasoning. As every aspect of gameplay is designed around making use of a collapsed monster. Affinity is the chance for your weapon to deal more damage on hit but it doesn't mean the same thing as Crit. There is also crit draw so that you will always crit on a draw swing if you do hit it. So many stats, skills and shit man!

This is just my reasoning and I can easily be fucking clueless. I am looking for additional evidence that an Elemental build, against the right monster, could be super strong.

The Power and Armor charm seem like a requirement also since they only take an inventory slot.

I looked at a list of the buffs last night and some are really strong. The set im wearing the normal Odogaron is really nice for SnS but getting to high rank now there is new stuff that blows it away.

What I'm most confused about SnS is the high damage slash with down + circle. Not sure why sometimes it doesn't come out and sometimes it works perfect. It seems to work best once im mid combo and then do the command. @Janx or some veteran please learn me on how to properly use the super charged slash.

• 1Like