Monster Hunter: World

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
and I'm done. When you finish the game, your HR shoots up, I went from 15 to 29.

Content just continues on as well. Last boss has SO MUCH HP I almost ran out of time killing him. Getting the unblockable moves = blockable skill was critical in finishing him off. Fricken laser beams everywhere.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I had that thought about the scout flies the other night, but ultimately decided they’re a good thing. It wouldn’t hurt if they were a little more subtle, maybe? There was something about learning a creatures habitat and where they’d be, but that still occurs even with the flies. Having to paint monsters to track them when they ran though was for the birds.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fellow Bow users, can anyone explain the difference between Power Coating and Close Combat Coating? In terms of damage, I would say that CC does more overall regardless of my distance from the monster. The status effect coatings are rather underwhelming so far, yes they do work, but you have such a limited amount that I rarely use them... I just have my cat use Paralysis or Poison (I'd swear that the Poison proc knocks the monster down). My current goal for weapons is getting my Thunder, Ice and Water weapons all max. Farming materials for the Water weapon is a HUGE pain in the ass, that Jyura (water monster) sucks... and getting rare drops off it and the Gajau fish is difficult. Making lots of money though.

Has any Bow user been using Legiana's 4 piece set? I am currently farming up mats to get Legiana 4 piece, and Jyura legs; so one extra charge level + faster charge times. I will lose some Attack and Crit using this setup, so hope it works out.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy if you are collecting footprints and stuff with them you still need to go to the Ecology guy who sits in that huge pile of books for the leveling to take effect. Are you doing this?
Research level just updates the hunter's guide. It's based on gaining scoutfly points, and (mostly) kills/captures.

Scoutfly meter resets periodically after kills, captures, time(?). It's for tracking monsters and having the skull icon display so you know when it's time to drop a trap. There are a couple other icons too, but I can't find a reference for what they mean.

----------
No scoutflies might have been fine for the older small, interconnected maps, but MHW maps without them would be fucking awful. Just look at how frustrating it can be to find certain monsters when your scoutfly level is 0 and you decide to do a 15 minute investigation.

Has any Bow user been using Legiana's 4 piece set? I am currently farming up mats to get Legiana 4 piece, and Jyura legs; so one extra charge level + faster charge times. I will lose some Attack and Crit using this setup, so hope it works out.
Does faster charge time affect Dragon Piercer? Math on reddit showed that it's better to just spam quickshots for both R2 and Circle.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I an using bow with 4 piece legiana set the extra charge is where it is at, I rarely use dragon piercer now.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dragon Piercer seems so much better at breaking/cutting parts though.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I read earlier that some veterans of the series were pissed that the scout flies exist. Because previous versions mean you would just be lost on the map looking for some fucker and never find him. It was so bad that having an actual mentor was almost required to figure out how to play and not be frustrated with just trying to hunt shit. That this was a feature they missed.

Ain't nobody got time for that shit son. Let me follow my magical fireflies and teach them to find shit I want. Hell, you can still get fucked on maps when trying to hunt certain monsters in the 20 minute timer even with max scoutflies if you don't find a track almost immediately.
I dont understand why. In the previous games the maps were very simplistic/small and you still had paintballs to mark the big guys to track them when they ran. I DO however wish there was an option to turn them off to go hardmode.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
One shot Kushala and Teostra with dual blades. Going to craft the Nergigante weapon before finishing up the last few monsters. Hoping to one shot the rest of the story tonight.

Edit: Yeesh. Xeno'jjiva took a long ass time to kill, carted once as well. Hit HR 24 which seems pretty low, though I did power through the story.

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Finally got to the Rathian quest, haven’t had as much time to play as needed. One shot him with my Horn, but the badass part was when Barroth wanted to get in the middle of our tussle and Rath fireballed the shit out of him. Was just chilling using my whetstone and he was all PEW PEW PEW. Big B ran away like a bitch.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Reminder to those who want squad invites: You need to send me a PSN friend request, which I will use to invite you to the same session as me, only then can I invite you to the squad.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Finally got to the Rathian quest, haven’t had as much time to play as needed. One shot him with my Horn, but the badass part was when Barroth wanted to get in the middle of our tussle and Rath fireballed the shit out of him. Was just chilling using my whetstone and he was all PEW PEW PEW. Big B ran away like a bitch.

Diablos vs Black Diablos turf war is pretty awesome too.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Spent the morning getting mats for various weapons. Pro Tip. If you need to kill bugs and get shit off them use the Poison Smoke Bomb.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Spent the morning getting mats for various weapons. Pro Tip. If you need to kill bugs and get shit off them use the Poison Smoke Bomb.

Poison smoke bomb is the old school way. If you slinger them with rocks or redpits(or whatever they're called) you can carve them too.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
One shot Kushala and Teostra with dual blades. Going to craft the Nergigante weapon before finishing up the last few monsters. Hoping to one shot the rest of the story tonight.

Edit: Yeesh. Xeno'jjiva took a long ass time to kill, carted once as well. Hit HR 24 which seems pretty low, though I did power through the story.

Did you get a follow on quest after killing Xeno'jiva? I got a quest to kill 2 of those tempered bomb dropping mofos at once. A story quest that is.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Poison smoke bomb is the old school way. If you slinger them with rocks or redpits(or whatever they're called) you can carve them too.

Yeah. The hornetaurs are really not conducive to that strategy. Poisoning saved so much time. For Vespoid there's the redpit right next to a clutch of them so that's fine.

Last edited: