Monster Hunter: World

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Ok, just picked this up the other day and I'm totally fucking lost and overwhelmed. Can anybody recommend a decent tutorial and a summary of all commands?

- How the hell do you pause and save the game?
- How do you make hotkeys for your items?
- Why did the first mission end before I could loot everything?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Ok, just picked this up the other day and I'm totally fucking lost and overwhelmed. Can anybody recommend a decent tutorial and a summary of all commands?

Welcome to Monster Hunter! It starts off rough but its worth the learning curve.

The only way to pause is to put the PS4 in rest mode or load up something like Netflix.
The only hotkeys in the game is the radial menu which can be changed by pressing the options button on the controller and going down to "Customize Radial Menu".
Missions end 60 seconds after the target is killed or 20 seconds after the target is captured. Monsters can usually be carved 3 times (a few have 4-6 carves but not many) which 60 seconds is usually plenty of time to do that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

1.) There is no pause
2.) Save is the furthers right menu when you press the Options Buttom
3.) Don't worry about it.

Watch Gaijin Hunter videos or Akkraz I think his name is. Or ask us shitlords.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The gameplay hook in this is real man. Been rolling sns for 30 hours but realized I was NEVER using shield, thought I’d try dB for grins... got tier 6 lavisioth blades and I’m just shredding shit. Fucking love this game. Going to farm ice blades next

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The gameplay hook in this is real man. Been rolling sns for 30 hours but realized I was NEVER using shield, thought I’d try dB for grins... got tier 6 lavisioth blades and I’m just shredding shit. Fucking love this game. Going to farm ice blades next

For real dude. I've been farming up stuff just for fun. I thought the Lance would be boring then I saw Gaijin Hunter's video on it and I was like, wait, that's exactly how I try to play now but with the Hammer!

So I am on the Lance for a bit now... still love my Hammer though.

• 1Solidarity

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I switched from hammer to SNS after you guys heaped so much praise on it. I still reflexively dodge even when I know blocking is super effective, so I'm not sure that I'll stick with SNS much longer. I tried the demon blades (?) during the first beta and remembered enjoying them. Think I might give them a shot again.

• 1Solidarity

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
This bit of terrible design makes no sense to me. I think 4 people is too many, I just want to duo shit. But the penalty massively outweighs any benefit if it scales health all the way up regardless of the size of the group. I end up creating private sessions and soloing everything, because the last thing I want is for one random person in my session to decide to hop into my quest.

That explains a lot. Playing duo mainly and it takes forever to down something when we are playing together compared to when I am soloing. Was thinking my buddy just sucked with a bow lol. While on the subject of weird decisions when crafting from the storage box it doesn't take into account items in your inventory, have to move what you want all into the box or into your inventory. Still a million times more accessible and less annoying then the 2-3 hours I've put into Monster Hunter 4 though, that sound effect from looting anything has made me just play it muted.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
@Vorph while it is inconvenient there are Investigations with MAX of 2 players. I am not sure if this changes the scaling significantly though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The game gets the loot system right, I think. Spent most the weekend farming Black Diablos, and got all the materials needed to make the r8 bow (just need the weekly bounty reset for a gem).

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Dude, hunts where your quarry is hounded by other monsters constantly are so fucking annoying. Even with dung shots they don't leave. RAGE.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dude, hunts where your quarry is hounded by other monsters constantly are so fucking annoying. Even with dung shots they don't leave. RAGE.
Can be helpful too. Saw a Kushala and Negi turf war... which amounted to Negi picking up Kushala and slamming it to the ground, then throw it across the area and walk away. Did about 3.2k dmg to Kushala. Was great.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Last boss down. Was super easy as HBG. His ranged attacks are just not threatening enough and nothing seemed to be capable of one shotting me, so I was able to pepper him down with little difficulty. I love his armor though, going to finally replace my Zorah set.

Probably tied with Gogmazios as my favorite last boss in the series.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Can be helpful too. Saw a Kushala and Negi turf war... which amounted to Negi picking up Kushala and slamming it to the ground, then throw it across the area and walk away. Did about 3.2k dmg to Kushala. Was great.

Yeah it is. It just kills my enjoyment to chase around a bunch of fighting monsters for 10+ minutes and do nothing other than hide and avoid them.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Last boss down. Was super easy as HBG. His ranged attacks are just not threatening enough and nothing seemed to be capable of one shotting me, so I was able to pepper him down with little difficulty. I love his armor though, going to finally replace my Zorah set.

Probably tied with Gogmazios as my favorite last boss in the series.

Me and @Janx duo'd the shit out of him yesterday farming his armor. We kept getting the optional quest and just using each others. Hit me up if you do more of him, I need a ton of the horns.

My only complaint so far is no guild or squad chat in game. You have to be watching for someone posting a quest and then you have to check the board for the quest and person. It would be nice if there was a way to post in our instance LF4 Zorah Raid etc

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
OK more than 80 hours into the game and I just found out now (via YouTube) that once you have a monster targeted with your bow it is auto targeted so don't touch your Right Thumb Stick and your arrows will always shoot that spot like the head. I think my DPS just went up by 1000%.

• 1Picard

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Me and @Janx duo'd the shit out of him yesterday farming his armor. We kept getting the optional quest and just using each others. Hit me up if you do more of him, I need a ton of the horns.

My only complaint so far is no guild or squad chat in game. You have to be watching for someone posting a quest and then you have to check the board for the quest and person. It would be nice if there was a way to post in our instance LF4 Zorah Raid etc

Start doing the investigations with him in it. You get way more mats even if there is a bigger challenge via time limit.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Dont have those yet, someone take me under their wing

You normally get them by killing X creature or whatevr. They have random proc though so some of them are bullshit. Killing Nerg in 15 minutes might be a bit tough.