Monster Hunter: World

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
A typical play session? You say you're going to be done at 10pm and then look at the clock and its 3am and you have to wake up for work in 4 hours.

True dat. I never played a MH game before and I detest Dark Souls style games and didn't think grinding "bosses" would be fun, but this game has some mysterious quality, just something that I can't put my finger on that's addictive to me.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
@Gunnar you should buy it, we were in the same boat and I can't stop playing it. Best game ever made, I love this game more than I ever did EQ. I would rather play this game than do anything else and this is after 80ish hours played since launch.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
@Gunnar you should buy it, we were in the same boat and I can't stop playing it. Best game ever made, I love this game more than I ever did EQ. I would rather play this game than do anything else and this is after 80ish hours played since launch.

@Delly Thanks for the info! Good Answers. Appreciate it.

Hatorade Hatorade This is how you sell a game. Buying this right now on the Live Store so its downloaded when I get home.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Hatorade Hatorade This is how you sell a game. Buying this right now on the Live Store so its downloaded when I get home.

Warning man...it is addicting. That said try all the weapons in training, all of them...watch some videos for beginners.

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I havent slept since I woke up at 1 yesterday. Just had to try out greatsword and hammer..then Xeno'Jiiva spawned. Now I'm a zombie @ work.

• 3Worf

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Wish real life would stop getting in my way so I can put more time into this lol. Still have yet to fight story Nergigante(thought I feel I'm getting close).

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Jesus christ now I cant wait to get home. Are you guys really that hooked or are you fucking with me?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

It's great dude. I was basically in the same boat. For all intents and purposes this is MMO-lite with the enjoyment of complexity of the items/systems and incredibly addicting gameplay. Absolutely can't stop playing this game. GOTY by a country mile already.

Bit of a shame you can't join us cross platform though... or can you?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Jesus christ now I cant wait to get home. Are you guys really that hooked or are you fucking with me?

Yes. But prepare to be totally overwhelmed at first. Game follow the Dark Souls school of not going to explain shit. If you like Dark Souls/Nioh/Bloodborne there is basically no way you won't enjoy this game in terms of gameplay.

• 1Like

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's really that good/addicting. I got a few friends to play who never played before and they have been dragging ass at work going to bed at 2-4am lol.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I havent slept since I woke up at 1 yesterday. Just had to try out greatsword and hammer..then Xeno'Jiiva spawned. Now I'm a zombie @ work.

Dude we played for 13 hours on Friday night to Saturday morning. I could not believe it, it felt like 2 hours had passed max. This game is the goddamn devil.

It's really that good/addicting. I got a few friends to play who never played before and they have been dragging ass at work going to bed at 2-4am lol.

We need to make a 4 man this week and take down some wildness. Its been fun as hell grouping.

Fedor

<Banned>
if you're getting the digital version:

you might have received a "what's new this week" email from the playstation store on 2/2 that has a 20% coupon (expires 2/12)

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Okay this was the first time in a few days I was able to play. I watched Arekkz Gaming which has a TONS of tutorial videos explaining in detail everything about MHW from how to use weapons to monster mechanics. I strongly recommend his YT channel for MHW. (That's how I learned to use the charge sword). I was still being brick walled by Barroth so I decided to upgrade my equipment. I farmed enough mats to go full bone armor and forged a better charge sword cause I never upgraded my gear until Barroth. I then went to the training area and practiced with the charge sword until I was comfortable the combos and mechanics with it. I redid the quest and killed Barroth on my first try solo with ease. It's crazy how easy he was after upgrading my gear. Like someone posted once you get use to the "clunkiness" of the battle system the game is amazing.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My character has franken-armor, but it has all the "best" skills for Bow (imo). It will hopefully get better once I get better gems, right now I have use skills from the armor pieces themselves, which doesn't allow for Fashion World. Using Teostra Chest / Gloves, Dober Legs, Azure Rath Belt and Dragonking Helm, with a max'd Attack Charm. This gives me lvl6 attack, lvl3 weakness, lvl2 speed ammo, and lvl1 piercing shots. If I can get decorations for all those skills at those lvls, I will probably switch to a 4-piece Legiana + Azure Rath Belt to max out dragon piercer dmg. Though I swear there is a mechanic in the game that makes the monster notice when I am charging up a shot and decide to jump me.... happens soooo much.