Monster Hunter: World

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This game really shines in multiplayer imo and no better way to play than laughing your asses off with forum bros. More people should start joining the FoH discord and forming up for groups with us.

Yeah. Way easier to form up in Discord. PSN parties are aids ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy last night my mic on my PC was messed up from switching between Discord and PSN (playing on Remote Play) so I could hear you but couldn't talk apparently. I heard you talking to your wife for like 40 minutes before I just muted it lol.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think with some people using their phones they cant set it to PTT so we get to hear them living life. I'm pretty sure a couple of you have taken long pisses this week with your mics on.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Yeah i'm not sure how the settings are on the phone discord app and while it sounds fine when you're talking it picks up a LOT of unnecessary background noise.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Question... I been farming Tobi-Kadachi to get enough mats to forge a thunder base weapon but why it's not letting me make the weapon when I have enough mats to do so?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Question... I been farming Tobi-Kadachi to get enough mats to forge a thunder base weapon but why it's not letting me make the weapon when I have enough mats to do so?

You need to craft the base all the way to the left on the tree at rank 1 and then upgrade in order towards your weapon 1 by 1.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
You need to craft the base all the way to the left on the tree at rank 1 and then upgrade in order towards your weapon 1 by 1.

Yeah follow the lines to your goal, took me a little while to figure that out too.

104 hours played, just a few more optional quests to do then time to go for tempered. Started using Lance around hour 95 and I really like it, using a mix of Diablos and Uragaan for guard/bludgeoning bonus. Awesome being able to block everything between guard and super guard.

I tried dual swords for a few hours and not my thing(though being sick might be hindering my outlook), I still have yet to put any time into any type of switch weapon or Insect Glaive.

Top weapons of choice for me are:
Hammer
Lance
Bow

Greatsword would be up there too but the highs and lows of that weapon are insane, sometimes I just smash the face and win way faster than any other weapon other times I seem to miss all the time and it feels bad man. That and after using the Baezul blast lance tier 8 I can sever break and sever limbs just as efficiently.

I check out my history of hours played, I have never hit over 100 in such a short amount of time. Between PS4 and PC though Darksouls 3 and Nioh likely have 120-160 hours played each.

hours played.PNG

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Delly Delly is there some MH series reasoning for weapons trees that only go up to Rarity 7 as opposed to 8. It seems to make building those weapons pointless. Or are weapons that have special ailments like sleep/paralyze meant to be more niche and thus the tradeoff is that they cannot go to Rarity 8. Otherwise I don't get it and it means that a lot of trees are just dead ends.

Historically, no. Typically, we get the second version of the game (Ultimate) so the developers usually have more fleshed out weapon trees due to G rank. They're constantly tweaking damage calculations and how damage is displayed on weapons, almost as if they're not happy with it, even though it has been fairly balanced. Just the fact that they continue to show bloated attack values on weapons is a recent sign that they're flip flopping within their own design system.

My speculation is that with the endgame system we will see more lower tier weapons become viable due to lower tier weapons having more augment slots.

In the G rank versions every element usually had at least one weapon in the final tier. Hopefully that'll continue to be the trend.

Tldr - Nope. Hopefully the end game system makes up for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Just finished killing that T-rex and it sooooo much fun doing it. Took me two tries to kill him. 1st round I went in with no buffs just to see how he was. Got him down I guess to the 2nd phase when he starts going apeshit breathing fire and I got my ass handed by him. It was just a matter of figuring out his behavior/patterns. Went back to town crafted a water element weapon, buffed up and killed him easily. He was able to regen twice but still got him down pretty quickly. Call me crazy but it really felt good killing his ass. I been using the switch axe and long sword. I killed him using the long sword cause that's the weapon currently I can get water elemental damage on it. Guess Imma start farming him for better gear. I can't wait until I start fighting more monsters. Nonetheless I'll say it again this game is amazing.

Edit: Anjanath is officially on farm status.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah follow the lines to your goal, took me a little while to figure that out too.

104 hours played, just a few more optional quests to do then time to go for tempered. Started using Lance around hour 95 and I really like it, using a mix of Diablos and Uragaan for guard/bludgeoning bonus. Awesome being able to block everything between guard and super guard.

I tried dual swords for a few hours and not my thing(though being sick might be hindering my outlook), I still have yet to put any time into any type of switch weapon or Insect Glaive.

Top weapons of choice for me are:
Hammer
Lance
Bow

Greatsword would be up there too but the highs and lows of that weapon are insane, sometimes I just smash the face and win way faster than any other weapon other times I seem to miss all the time and it feels bad man. That and after using the Baezul blast lance tier 8 I can sever break and sever limbs just as efficiently.

I check out my history of hours played, I have never hit over 100 in such a short amount of time. Between PS4 and PC though Darksouls 3 and Nioh likely have 120-160 hours played each.

View attachment 161317

According to that Gaijin Hunter lance tutorial. For lance, unlike Sword and Shield. The Lance shield doesn't count as bludgeon and you can't KO with it. Just so you know.

My top weapons are:
1. Hammer
2. Lance
3. Heavy Bow Gun

Although I also like SnS and Longsword now. So much to enjoy!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
According to that Gaijin Hunter lance tutorial. For lance, unlike Sword and Shield. The Lance shield doesn't count as bludgeon and you can't KO with it. Just so you know.

My top weapons are:
1. Hammer
2. Lance
3. Heavy Bow Gun

Although I also like SnS and Longsword now. So much to enjoy!

Makes sense you can't KO with it seeing as how it is thr easiest weapon to mount with. At least in my experience.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Makes sense you can't KO with it seeing as how it is thr easiest weapon to mount with. At least in my experience.

I just meant that Bludgeoner on Diablos armor is actually giving you Slugger which is +10% to stun KO chance and not actual bludgeon damage.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
My google fu is failing me - why do jewels have levels?

Also I chill in the MHW discord channel but it's averaging a post per 1.5 days.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My google fu is failing me - why do jewels have levels?

Also I chill in the MHW discord channel but it's averaging a post per 1.5 days.

Janx and I are in the voice chat group most nights.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Yeah. Way easier to form up in Discord. PSN parties are aids ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy last night my mic on my PC was messed up from switching between Discord and PSN (playing on Remote Play) so I could hear you but couldn't talk apparently. I heard you talking to your wife for like 40 minutes before I just muted it lol.
Meh. Discord requires me to get my laptop or phone out instead of just using the system I am using to play

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Yeah i'm not sure how the settings are on the phone discord app and while it sounds fine when you're talking it picks up a LOT of unnecessary background noise.
What, you don' like my cat Charlie singing you the song of his people?

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is anyone experiencing messedd up sessions? my friends and I squad session isnt putting us with anyone else and the ps4 level join and the in game session ids are working at all for any of us?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Is anyone experiencing messedd up sessions? my friends and I squad session isnt putting us with anyone else and the ps4 level join and the in game session ids are working at all for any of us?
I couldn't even connect to PSN a while ago. Maybe an hour ago.