Monster Hunter: World

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mantle Locations and How to Spawn Tempered Investigations

Status+ Mantle - Increases status accumulation for a short time: Fully research 10 monsters.

Immunity Mantle - Removes & Nullifies abnormal status effects for the duration of the mantle: Fully research 15 Monsters.

KO Mantle - Adds exhaust/stun to attacks, and improves weapons that already exhaust/stun: Hunt 5 unique threat level 1 tempered monsters (Pukei, Anja, Tobi, Barroth, Rathian, Radobaan, Paolumu, etc).

Evasion Mantle - Increases evasion window, grants increased attack when evading at the last second: Hunt 5 unique tempered threat level 2 monsters (Bazel, Rathalos, Odogaron, Diablos, Black Diablos, Legiana, Urugaan, etc).

Rocksteady Mantle - Provides HG earplugs, tremor/wind res, prevents flinching: Hunt 3 Unique tempered elder dragons (not sure on this one, but make sure you at least hunt a tempered Kushala and Teostra, as they unlocked the quest for me). Per /u/Sumire_Gelato, quest unlocked with Vaal, Kirin, & Nergy, so it seems to be any 3 elders.

For those looking to add Tempered investigations the route I used was:

Fast travel to the top of Ancient forest > check Rathalos nest for Tempered Kushala (Lv. 3) > Check room below for tempered azure/rath (Lv.2) > Teleport to northeast forest camp and head counter clockwise around the map for Pukei and Anjanath prints (Lv.1)

Fast travel to Wildspire Waste Diablo cave > Check cave for Diablos tracks (Lv.2) > Check diablos resting area for Black Diablos tracks (Lv.2) > Check sandy area above for Teostra tracks (Lv.3) > Loop around the path crossing the central camp to pick up Barroth tracks (Lv.1) > Head back across the marsh and toward the starting camp for Rathian & Jyura tracks (Lv.1)

Fast travel to mountain camp of coral highlands > Grab Legiana tracks (lv.2) and Kirin tracks (lv.3) on the way up to Legianas nest > If you have it, use the glider mantle to fly up to Legiana's nest for tracks (lv.2)

Fast travel to bottom camp of rotten vale > head toward odogaron's resting place for Odo tracks (Lv.2) > Head toward Vaal's nest for tracks & rotten meat (Lv.3) > Fast travel to starting camp, head to the right toward the two bone areas for a bunch of radobaan tracks (lv.1) > Complete the clockwise loop back to the camp for more radobaan (lv.1) and a bazel track (lv2).

Fast travel to the starting camp in elders recess > Hug the right wall and pick up Urugaan tracks (lv.2) until you hit the fire area, swing through lavasioths lair for its tracks (lv.2), wing by the entrance to teostras lair for its tracks (lv.3), head through the center crystal area on your way up to daoras nest for various level 2/3 tracks > at daoras nest grab its tracks (lv.3).

Coming back to town from this usually has a good assortment of Tempered Investigations ready. Additionally, while hunting tempered monsters, if you take the time to crouch and follow them around for a bit to pick up their tracks before starting the fight, you can unlock additional tempered from that (note: breaking parts on tempered monsters only unlock non-tempered investigations for some reason).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I kind of wish the fresh food thing didn't affect the hp/sta buff too. Either I have to create the dish by hand every time to choose the fresh ingredients in each line, or I have to waste consumables to buff my hp/sta instead. That's fine on a hard quest where +50/+50 is mandatory and it's very unlikely there will even be enough fresh things to make the buffs you want, but on easier stuff I'd just settle for 30 or so and it wouldn't make a difference. Going in with 0-10 really isn't an option for any HR quest though.

Saving custom meals has been useless to me so far, but at least I know I've been using the correct meal (Black Belt+Sharpshooter for bow). Still need to unlock a few more ?'s though, right now it's impossible to run either Attack L or Ele Resist L and I have to use M+S instead.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I kind of wish the fresh food thing didn't affect the hp/sta buff too. Either I have to create the dish by hand every time to choose the fresh ingredients in each line, or I have to waste consumables to buff my hp/sta instead. That's fine on a hard quest where +50/+50 is mandatory and it's very unlikely there will even be enough fresh things to make the buffs you want, but on easier stuff I'd just settle for 30 or so and it wouldn't make a difference. Going in with 0-10 really isn't an option for any HR quest though.

At least I know I've been using the correct meal (Black Belt+Sharpshooter for bow) though.

That and since having the food buff is so important you basically need to have an ancient pot and max pots on you at all times too. Just to hope to survive.

EDIT: Question. It seems the best version of every weapon is only in the Dragonbone tree due to doing the most damage. Is this the right way to think about it?

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yep. Anyone have a weapon/strategy to make farming Kelbi horns less shitty? Does hammer have a very high chance of breaking them off or anything like that? Making tons of immunizers isn't hard since you just need to cultivate bitterbugs and mandragoras and that's the same crap you already farm for max pots, but trying to keep enough horns around is super annoying. Too many times where I ran back into a fight after one mistake thinking, "oh, it's fine, I'll just use the ancient potion after I take some damage so I don't waste the heal........................... fuck."

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yep. Anyone have a weapon/strategy to make farming Kelbi horns less shitty? Does hammer have a very high chance of breaking them off or anything like that? Making tons of immunizers isn't hard since you just need to cultivate bitterbugs and mandragoras and that's the same crap you already farm for max pots, but trying to keep enough horns around is super annoying. Too many times where I ran back into a fight after one mistake thinking, "oh, it's fine, I'll just use the ancient potion after I take some damage so I don't waste the heal........................... fuck."

Using the hammer and going to the Wildspire Waste SW Camp, there's like 6 Kebli right there. I get like 8 horns or so in 90 seconds. Lasts quite a while.

With the Blast Hammer, I reliably knock off a horn before I kill them. Getting 2 horns per Kebli pretty often.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

Use Safari bros to get Kelbi horns, I'm drowning in them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you want to do it manually, just use your Capture Net to smack them, you'll get Horns to drop all the time.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Just wait till monster hunter world gets its G-Rank level quests, I'm assuming through an expansion cost, but totally worth it. The difficulty level isn't even cranked up as far as they take it.

They said all DLC is free except cosmetic stuff they are releasing.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Really good information. Time to setup some custom foods.

Okay yeah. Some of these food buffs are really really good. Custom platters away. And I will have to intentionally unlock more ingredients.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
They said all DLC is free except cosmetic stuff they are releasing.

I'm certain they will release a substantial amount of DLC for free. Including monsters. However, G-rank is normally packed with the second launch of a main title. MH3 and MH3U (G-Rank) MH4 and MH4U(G-Rank). I suspect, that instead of launching Monster Hunter World U, they will just patch in G-Rank - as a purchase. There is no way they add all of G-Rank level content for free, at least I don't see that as possible.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
They already said they are thinking of adding more maps via FREE DLC, adding G-rank level monsters is actually more complicated then adding more maps/monster. New weapons/armor and the new moves the monsters get, all have to be balanced again, which is 100% of the reason why G-Rank has it's own armor/weapon sets. I do see them releasing a World U, maybe sometime in a couple years, but not right away..

Also, whoever thought that giving the end game temper quests you can get a chance at any of the stream stones.. fuck you bitch god dammit I've gotten like 8 bow/gun stream stones(only needed 1 ....)

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just finished Xeno'Jiva. So of all the Elder Dragons, that fight was just way long. Kirin was a joke, Toastera and Val were the hardest.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Just finished Xeno'Jiva. So of all the Elder Dragons, that fight was just way long. Kirin was a joke, Toastera and Val were the hardest.
Its more like Zorah than the other elder dragons.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Its more like Zorah than the other elder dragons.

Only thing that pissed me off about it was the bizarre feet movement it does and because its so big it moves a huge distance each time. And because you're right up in its shit. Seeing the explosion is also a pain.

Because of this the hammer is really fucking terrible for that fight. I'll stick to lance/SNS or bowgun on Xo from now on.

@Delly is there some MH series reasoning for weapons trees that only go up to Rarity 7 as opposed to 8. It seems to make building those weapons pointless. Or are weapons that have special ailments like sleep/paralyze meant to be more niche and thus the tradeoff is that they cannot go to Rarity 8. Otherwise I don't get it and it means that a lot of trees are just dead ends.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
45 kills, no gem. There is no such thing as a Teostra gem. I'm up to hunter rank 47 just from killing Teostra over and over again from rank 29.

• 1Solidarity

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game really shines in multiplayer imo and no better way to play than laughing your asses off with forum bros. More people should start joining the FoH discord and forming up for groups with us.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users