Monster Hunter: World

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
As of 5.0 on PS4 -

Arch Tempered Prefix can be flashed twice. Tempered 4 times. Regular mobs a shit ton.

SnS is all about directing the initial hit, I'm gonna do a video this week on it.

Please do bro, I fundamentally understand what im doing all except for that initial hit charge. I cant for the F'in life of me get it out from standing still. I can chain it forever once I start it off of any hit but that first hit like you said gets the party started.

I know were on different patches, gears, mechanics etc but if you could explain what damage type you're doing I can equate it to our 1.0 patch were on. IE: I see blast damage is hot right now for SnS on new mobs, do we go +3 blast and +3 bombardier combined? Do we also use Zorah 3pc so it can crit? Any other mandatory needs like WE3 etc. I like that Maestro at the end of his videos shows his gear and set bonus screens. Would be awesome for plebs like me if you could show me the bonuses also.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Can't wait to get high enough to play with y'all. I just beat Nergigante yesterday.

I am barely past that part, been killing everything to get all my different elemental bows, gotta do it again too it seems for my SnS switch(or maybe give switch axe another try). My point is get into discord, lets get some group runs going, even if it is story stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I am barely past that part, been killing everything to get all my different elemental bows, gotta do it again too it seems for my SnS switch(or maybe give switch axe another try). My point is get into discord, lets get some group runs going, even if it is story stuff.
Sounds good. What's the discord link?

edit: oh shit it's right in front of me.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I spent the day trying to do a pursuit level 1 kulve solo, the amount of hidden mechanics in this fight is fucking retarded. I could write a book.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
We should make a dedicated Discord for MHW for grouping for us and friends, it takes seconds to setup and you can just give everyone invite privileges. Can even have multiple channels for PS4 and PC grouping and can use the channel itself for posting LFG? Right now it seems people are segmented between the 3 private MHW groups and the FoH discord, would make more sense to combine into one major server for us forum bros and pals.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
We should make a dedicated Discord for MHW for grouping for us and friends, it takes seconds to setup and you can just give everyone invite privileges. Can even have multiple channels for PS4 and PC grouping and can use the channel itself for posting LFG? Right now it seems people are segmented between the 3 private MHW groups and the FoH discord, would make more sense to combine into one major server for us forum bros and pals.

I support this. Servers... but they're more like channels in Discord are free to make. Let's fire it up.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Monster's still waiting for ...
Rajang, Rusted Kush, Dalamdur(Why not his skeleton is in Elder Recess), Zinogre + Stygian Zinogre, World Eater Deviljho, Sergerios(Would be fun but annoying), Both Magalas(With the limited Frenzy from Generations), Gogmazios, TigerX, Nargacuda(all 3 variants)

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Or just all pick one and use it. FoH one is already there, but I am not opposed to switching.

• 1Like

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
The jumping in this game is so wonky (PC). I have gotten killed so many times from accidentally jumping which causes my character to fly forward and lay on the ground for 2secs.. Why cant it just be a normal damn jump...

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The jumping in this game is so wonky (PC). I have gotten killed so many times from accidentally jumping which causes my character to fly forward and lay on the ground for 2secs.. Why cant it just be a normal damn jump...

FYI you are immune to most damage while doing the superman dive, if you don't press anything you stay down a while. Wait for good time to get up.

• 1Solidarity

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
FYI you are immune to most damage while doing the superman dive, if you don't press anything you stay down a while. Wait for good time to get up.

Good to know.
I guess i'm still so used to Dark Souls dodge / jump style. Having a harder time adapting to this one, even after 100+hrs.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Monster's still waiting for ...
Rajang, Rusted Kush, Dalamdur(Why not his skeleton is in Elder Recess), Zinogre + Stygian Zinogre, World Eater Deviljho, Sergerios(Would be fun but annoying), Both Magalas(With the limited Frenzy from Generations), Gogmazios, TigerX, Nargacuda(all 3 variants)
I'd like Nargacuda, since the armor looks great.

Speaking of armor, people have made a Transmog Mod that allows you change your armor look to anything else currently ingame.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Good to know.
I guess i'm still so used to Dark Souls dodge / jump style. Having a harder time adapting to this one, even after 100+hrs.
The superman dive is actually way way stronger than a normal dodge, because you're invulnerable the entire time. It's a solid way to just dodge pretty much anything(some of the DLC mobs have attacks that go through though like behemoth meteor). It does have a terrible animation though and if you try to get up right away it's generally delayed enough that you get hit by another attack than the one you originally avoided.

Farmed some arenas for the long sword since I figure I want to try that, was pretty fast, and not RNG so that's nice. Had to group though cause these things take way too long since it doesn't scale hp down to solo. Ironically the last ones are faster because there's 2 monsters so they damage each other.

Playing those presets really makes you appreciate certain things though. I pick IG whenever I don't know what else to get, but every single one seems to have a low ass speed kinsect. Shit's completely awful, I already have a hard time hitting small weakpoints with my 15speed one, but they expect you to grab essences with a 3speed kinsect. I end up having to use the tag instead, and waiting for the kinsect to hit the right area which blows. And then it's a poison/paralyze kinsect instead of burst or even heal. But when it's that or some weapon I haven't even tried in training room and some I tried 2mins, I end up playing that anyway even if it feels awful.

Last edited: