Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think around 5? It would be nice for a longer for new people. It takes a long time to learn the town and where your trainer is and what merchants will buy your crap.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I know the routes for a few areas in the city now, but yeah. The thing is enormous. And there is a second zone of it through the tunnel. I do appreciate the process of internalizing navigating the thing. Even when you have to suss out from vague Guard hints if your understanding of north is actually north or not. There are landmarks you can use to orient, but in the night time darkness you're probably gonna stuggle some.
I chose infravision as a trait- which from chat wasn't working as designed. Lotta praise of the UV sight tho.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Nice haha, I missed all that. We had wiped out in a room way down in the dungeon and were trying to get our bods back.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Woohoo!

supplies.gif

Siliconemelons

I give these folks props for not doing something to get some buckazoids out of us to “help” the general project etc

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I didn't get any screenshots but did more dungeon grouping. I am really liking Cleric. I got to try some placate for single pulls, and it is good but can be resisted. Got my keybinds sorted out and was using this lower mana delayed heal. Good stuff!

BTW if you are a caster and have lots of funny keybinds like I do, I recommend taking a screenshot of your spell bar so if / when you die you can put everything back where they were.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Man this game feels like a semester project. So many thoughts and intents but very little substance.

3 years this game has been in the works? It feels very...rough. Perspective, Evercraft has been in development for 2-ish years. I assume the team sizes on both game is roughly similar. From a content and polish perspective, Evercraft feels infinitely more polished than MnM.

I wanna give MnM another crack in the 36h test they have coming up to really allow me to set my expectations because I feel like going from ECo (Evercraft Online) to MnM really altered what I should expect.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I don't think they're at the point of cranking out quests and content or final polish yet

More like systems and refinement

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
a mmo game, even barebones and incomplete as it is, that players are able to login and play?

Further along than Pantheon in a fraction of the time and funding.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
a mmo game, even barebones and incomplete as it is, that players are able to login and play?

Further along than Pantheon in a fraction of the time and funding.
Well I mean one is a real game that is actually being developed... and the other is Pantheon.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Messed around for a couple hours. Got my inventory full of quest items I couldn't sell and no money to buy a bag. I'll wait for the game to be a little better polished before I go back to it. Ran all over the newbie zone (main city areas) looking for a Standing Stone with no luck. But got a good SS.

MnMSS2.png

• 3Like