Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

bolok

Trakanon Raider
1,623
910
SK does not seem to be gimped. Sounds like they'll have a cast time 2h swing like the BST does for the big hits. Maybe goblin SK is back on the menu- or DE. The bonus rep gain option for them might make starting as DE quite a bit less painful. Probably will still wait it out for Troll SK , but that's gonna be a wait stil.

All 3 of the dives seem pretty nice actually. Faster dot ticks with the necro is pretty fancy- and even gay Rangers sound pretty cool.
 

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
13,502
14,102
In the post they state that Infravision is a temporary buff that will have extra abilities in the future, like outlining living beings, or some such. So it's a nerf across the board if people were going to pick it in order to lessen the effects of the shitty darkness "mechanic"... but yes, it's also gone as an option for Ogre and Dwarf (if those listed racials are comprehensive). They did give Gnomes and Gobos an Ultravision option though. Edit: misread Infra for Ultra

I ran around the stress test for an hour or so and Ultravision seems like it really has no downside (I can't see the castle way off in the distance... who cares). Dark Elves look better than woodies but when going over the newer race options/styles, woodies didn't look quite as much like the crack fiends I remember, either. I actually like the way Deep Gnomes look but short races still suck!

With the changes to Infravision, how stupid the dark mechanic is, and the total lack of Ultravision spells, anyone not choosing Ultravision is shooting themselves in the foot.

They added like 3 more light source options with these traits and class deep dives. Crank the gamma and surely another person in your group can supply light.


On a seperate note, the lack of tanks is concerning. I may have to roll up an Inquisitor.
 

Siliconemelons

Ssraeszha Raider
15,646
25,296

I feel they really took the SK players reaction to their proposed changes and made changes thereof. 1) by listening or 2) could not get their beast ability system to work in time sooooooo

Either way, I will take it...

time will crawl GIF


I was good not playing EA, as pally was the only thing I wanted to play and I did that in Beta, yeah only to 30 but.. I got it, it was okay... it is a perfectly good class and just needs refinement in dmg output and re-working of utility back in that was "lost" with the change.

But actually now, may want to get in for SK.. Deep Elf SK should be worth a month or two of sheckles and see how this works out.

Glad they kept the pet. The rest is all fine and well, but really the pet retention is what made it a sub honestly. The pet seems to share a lot of mechanics with WOW warlock, and that i was I mained in classic WoW (pvp server at that!..whew)

Anyone playing on a M-series mac, know of anything to do to boost performance? I am using the terminal command thing that auto runs a crossover thing... I also am on an old version of cossover as I only bought it like 2 years ago (for MnM alpha stress tests lol) - so maybe newer crossover versions "work better"?
 

Quaid

Trump's Staff
12,802
7,678
All the classes look decent enough.

I'm just not gonna give a shit about this world until I hear some story.

I thought I was going to sub for EA launch but I just don't care enough yet.

It'll happen though.
 

bolok

Trakanon Raider
1,623
910
Checking the Mac support threads is probably the best bet. I think the community launcher thing someone cooked up seems like it’s the goto now.
 

Burns

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
9,474
18,344
They added like 3 more light source options with these traits and class deep dives. Crank the gamma and surely another person in your group can supply light.


On a seperate note, the lack of tanks is concerning. I may have to roll up an Inquisitor.
Light sources don't matter for the problems I have with it, which is running across zones, whether it be to get to a camp or farming tradeskill mats, since it's much harder to plan your path. Even with a light source, you have a decent chance running into a mob's agro range before you see it in the stupid darkness bullshit.

Running from NH to Vale takes 20+ minutes, just for you to get killed by a wolf because you couldn't see it soon enough is retarded. The deserts aren't even the worst outside zones at night.
 

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
872
127
I’ll just stay deep elf as I had planned. Take the trait that improves faction gains. Nothing for any other races seems to be enough to make me switch. The only other race I’d even been considering was dwarf, and now they(for some stupid reason) don’t even have infravision.
 
Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,245
20,199
Little disappointed the SK 'system' isn't ready yet but damn they pumped me up with that deep dive.

Also the racials look nice
 

Valorath

Vyemm Raider
1,455
2,906
I'm playing rogue and was set on Deep Elf despite the weak martial stats and the faction. Hard to pass on Halfling with +15 piercing though. I know if I don't go halfling it will always be in the back of my mind. So, I guess I'm blind, and short.
 

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
13,502
14,102
Light sources don't matter for the problems I have with it, which is running across zones, whether it be to get to a camp or farming tradeskill mats, since it's much harder to plan your path. Even with a light source, you have a decent chance running into a mob's agro range before you see it in the stupid darkness bullshit.

Running from NH to Vale takes 20+ minutes, just for you to get killed by a wolf because you couldn't see it soon enough is retarded. The deserts aren't even the worst outside zones at night.

If you can't see at night with 100% gamma I don't know what to tell you, maybe your monitor needs to be recalibrated. I can see pretty well on a human with that turned up.
 

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
11,495
8,986
It will be funny if the majority of the people that play the game like it, but their vision system is what ultimately tanks the game. The infravison change is just retarded.

Sometimes you need to read the room as a dev and adjust accordingly.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hadden

Trakanon Raider
38
48
You should also be able to see NPC nametags well before they are in aggro range, regardless of lighting, but yeah if you aren't paying attention it'll definitely be a bad time
 

Sloan

Molten Core Raider
243
1,246
Almost time to fte some pixels

Rampage is on the 3 box server if anyone is looking to degen for a month and race for world first kills
 

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
13,502
14,102
You should also be able to see NPC nametags well before they are in aggro range, regardless of lighting, but yeah if you aren't paying attention it'll definitely be a bad time

That's what we call adventure. Some of these guys just want to be picked up in the Shire and drop the ring from the side of the chopper over Mordor, then just fly back without incident.
 
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
9,870
9,788
I'm playing rogue and was set on Deep Elf despite the weak martial stats and the faction. Hard to pass on Halfling with +15 piercing though. I know if I don't go halfling it will always be in the back of my mind. So, I guess I'm blind, and short.
Goblins get pickpocket on auto attack, that is the clear choice and winner.
 
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
9,474
18,344
If you can't see at night with 100% gamma I don't know what to tell you, maybe your monitor needs to be recalibrated. I can see pretty well on a human with that turned up.
They nerfed the gamma slider at least once between the open tests I played and I think at least once since then. In the open test previous to the final 10 day test (which I didn't play), I could see decently with 100% gamma in the desert (Glass Flats was the best) but the forest zones were darker and Fallen Pass was near impossible. Then, if they have nerfed gamma even more, forget-about-it.

If a game requires readjusting my monitor to get around a stupid mechanic, specifically for night time, then back to normal in day time, that's also a forget-about-it.

Furthermore, while farming mats, not being able to see herbs until you are right on them at night and needing to run much closer to ore node spawn spots to see if it's up is just another thorn in the side of a rather boring task.

You also have sandstorms and possibly other future weather events ruining play time for 20 to 40 minutes at a time, which is all part of the same issue, really.
 

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
13,502
14,102
They nerfed the gamma slider at least once between the open tests I played and I think at least once since then. In the open test previous to the final 10 day test (which I didn't play), I could see decently with 100% gamma in the desert (Glass Flats was the best) but the forest zones were darker and Fallen Pass was near impossible. Then, if they have nerfed gamma even more, forget-about-it.

If a game requires readjusting my monitor to get around a stupid mechanic, specifically for night time, then back to normal in day time, that's also a forget-about-it.

Furthermore, while farming mats, not being able to see herbs until you are right on them at night and needing to run much closer to ore node spawn spots to see if it's up is just another thorn in the side of a rather boring task.

You also have sandstorms and possibly other future weather events ruining play time for 20 to 40 minutes at a time, which is all part of the same issue, really.

I'm pretty sure there are moon cycles as well, there were times when I couldn't see super great, but well enough to not die to mobs. I enjoy the difficulty. Makes the world feel alive.