Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

bolok

Trakanon Raider
1,661
927
No, outside of the fat Ogre option, there is no Conan the barbarian model, only varying degrees of scrawny (wood elves) to marathon runner (Human) types. The art they have for Trolls looks like they might be kinda ripped, depending on how much gut they give them. They have stayed fairly close to the art on other models. Unfortunately, there are no plans for a barbarian race, instead they added 3 extra short races (short races suck).

View attachment 642636
troll waiting room as well. will be amusing if they make the females significantly taller than the dudes.
 

Pasteton

Vyemm Raider
3,429
2,626
If you guys get tired of it should def try out the box server, esp if you have a group of buds that you consistently group with. Lots of freedom, no lag. Just no pickup groups lol. But you get to log in and decide what you want to do that day and not wait in a queue or any of that jazz
 

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,291
20,254
I am considering the idea of making some sort of cartography tool outside of the game. I am staying within the confines of the TOS/pnp for this, and how I generated this is a little complicated, but for instance here is the Underdocks from in-game data. I realize they may be adding cartography later.

1791068967169.png


The idea for my tool would be:
1. You zone into zone N
2. Map overlay loads with zone N's map (see above). Zoning into a new zone is fair game, it's in a log file.
3. User can self-annotate the map (or get annotations from others, community sourced) - ie, X marks a good camp, Y marks some high level mob/named, etc.
4. No live data will be used.
 
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Ssraeszha Raider
15,700
25,343
Anyone have any info, crude maps etc. about Blind Midden? I dont get the zone... I dont get..like...what to do?

PM me if its SUPER SEKRETZ
 

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
881
130
Out of kos with most of NH day 1, so I’m happy as a DE. Can’t bank or buy spells yet, but there is no market at all in UD so being able to sell cloth, etc. is nice.
 

bolok

Trakanon Raider
1,661
927
Decided to not be a total degen for another day and actually cook dinner. Mistakes were made. ~400 queue

deep gnomes- at least for BST and the god I picked are slightly better rep than my beta ogre monk was in WE land. Didn't have to sneak up the root into faelindral and kill a couple orcs to hit non kos.
 

...

Goonsquad Officer
8,564
20,728
Out of kos with most of NH day 1, so I’m happy as a DE. Can’t bank or buy spells yet, but there is no market at all in UD so being able to sell cloth, etc. is nice.
how long did the grind take? was it literally like 24 hours played or like an afternoon?

what method did you use?
 

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
881
130
About 6 hours of grouping the wererats outside the east gate of UD. So not terrible. Definitely way easier than beta.
 
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Ssraeszha Raider
15,700
25,343

So far, wondering inside more - until it? or I? crashed and cant get back in...

Seems there is no faction yet- so much of the "sewer"? side? is non kos - it does social agro.

The groupings are way more numbered in big groups than WyrmsBane. I do not know about other places. but Wyrms and AC had really good layouts with good groupings of mobs - this one seems to have rooms with WAY too many mobs- but I am sure the thought is just "It is fine for groups!!!"

Honestly, WyrmsBane and AC are very well put together... Blind Midden? ehhhh I know it is not done- but... guys, not EVERY pull has to be a DPS zerg or CC-fest... or your just outleveled it and does not matter, then whats the point?

Mob density from the little I saw needs a reduction of about 1 every 3ish mobs just need to be gone. you have some rooms with "sides" and there is 1 cube and 4-5 DE's ... a little much even for a "at level group" - after spending a lot of time in WB and AC, I have to say the mob density and average pull is at least doubble if not tripple...
 

Siliconemelons

Ssraeszha Raider
15,700
25,343
Yeah… it’s a bit cramped in there for FD but I am sure its not impossible.

No FD yet… FD is also like super expensive for SK

Outside in the city land, where is the skeleton camp for level 10ish? I got 10 messing around in BM. I found a top of ledge area with about 7 Skeletons but thats about it.