Moonfall (2022)

Goatface

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Moonfall (2022)

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Roland Emmerich

Cast: Halle Berry, Patrick Wilson, John Bradley, Michael Peña, Charlie Plummer, Yu Wenwen, Eme Ikwuakor, Carolina Bartczak, Donald Sutherland, Maxim Roy, Stephen Bogaert, Azriel Dalman, Zayn Maloney, Achilles Montes-Vamvas, Ava Weiss

Release: 2022-02-03

Plot: A mysterious force knocks the moon from its orbit around Earth and sends it hurtling on a collision course with life as we know it.

Goatface

pretty sure that nothing can save the planet after that

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 7 users

Cybsled

Moon would start breaking into pieces long before full impact due to gravitational forces. And ya, moon impacting Earth would basically be full reset. Earth as a planet would survive, but you’d literally turn the massive portions of the lithosphere into molten rock and extinguish all life completely

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
I have an unironic love for these big dumb disaster movies, looks like it will be dumb fun

As that trailer went on all i could think of this

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
A7iblTtFN4K5Vk6hpd4YSDMntiP.jpg

Title: Moonfall

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Roland Emmerich

Cast: Halle Berry, Patrick Wilson, John Bradley, Michael Peña, Charlie Plummer, Yu Wenwen, Eme Ikwuakor, Carolina Bartczak, Donald Sutherland, Maxim Roy, Stephen Bogaert, Azriel Dalman, Zayn Maloney, Achilles Montes-Vamvas, Ava Weiss

Release: 2022-02-03

Plot: A mysterious force knocks the moon from its orbit around Earth and sends it hurtling on a collision course with life as we know it.

1630631142542.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
It's like Seveneves without trying to be smart.

• 1Like

Goatface

It's like Seveneves without trying to be smart.
a seveneves movie has apparently been in development for 5 years now. think it would make a better 3 season tv show.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Ya, it will be completely unrealistic and stupid, but that is the point of disaster spectacle movies usually. It's the big budget equivalent of when you were a kid and would use a garden hose to flood some dirt with toys in it and threw rocks in there and pretended it was some mini apocalypse lol

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
a seveneves movie has apparently been in development for 5 years now. think it would make a better 3 season tv show.
absolutely better as a series than a movie. because theres no way theyre gonna make the garbage second part into something watchable. And as a series, we'd be able to wisely stop watching as soon as they reach the time jump.

with my luck they'll make the movie entirely about the second part and do the first part only through flashbacks.

Kajiimagi

<Trapped in Randomonia>
absolutely better as a series than a movie. because theres no way theyre gonna make the garbage second part into something watchable. And as a series, we'd be able to wisely stop watching as soon as they reach the time jump.

with my luck they'll make the movie entirely about the second part and do the first part only through flashbacks.
I inhaled that book , thought it was one of his best....until the second part where I went WTF. His last book (about the computer sim) I quit halfway as it was garbage.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I inhaled that book , thought it was one of his best....until the second part where I went WTF.
I got 3 pages into the second part before putting the book down and never picking it back up. Why not just make the first part a little longer and then make a second book?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Moon would start breaking into pieces long before full impact due to gravitational forces. And ya, moon impacting Earth would basically be full reset. Earth as a planet would survive, but you’d literally turn the massive portions of the lithosphere into molten rock and extinguish all life completely

not even deep sea vent worms would survive??

• 1Like

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
I mean giant meteor 2024 was looking promising but the moon seems like it'll do the trick too.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
not even deep sea vent worms would survive??
I believe that was the scenario in Seveneves - I think they talked about complete sterilization of the planet. But the ocean did remain as a liquid so it seems like at least marine microbes would survive. Animal life seems less likely.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1631307505238.png

The Time Machine already explained what would happen.....

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database