Mortal Engines (2018)

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Nice to see Clint Eastwood got a final role after The Mule - he looks good as the zombie cyborg Dad. (Edit - my comedy timing is probably off as this most likely came out before The Mule. Whatever man).

Just kidding, I love Eastwood. I wish he would live forever, for real.

I will watch this if it comes out on Crave or Netflix, at least for the special effects. I mean, I watched fucking Gods of Egypt for crying out loud, which proves I will watch anything if it has flashy special effects.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was interested in this movie because of Peter Jackson and the trailer look good. But once the reviews came out I passed.

It popped up on Peacock and I was bored so I watched it. 10 minutes into it and its probably one of the worst movies Ive seen. Feels like a shitty Hunger Games knockoff almost. The story and script are terrible. The cast and acting is awful. And the costume design is terrible. The only good thing about it is the visuals and it being steampunk.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Fadaar

That guy
I was interested in this movie because of Peter Jackson and the trailer look good. But once the reviews came out I passed.

It popped up on Peacock and I was bored so I watched it. 10 minutes into it and its probably one of the worst movies Ive seen. Feels like a shitty Hunger Games knockoff almost. The story and script are terrible. The cast and acting is awful. And the costume design is terrible. The only good thing about it is the visuals and it being steampunk.

lets be honest his career outside of the LOTR trilogy is largely mediocre

however, that buys the man a pass from me until the end of time

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Necro bump because this is on Netflix...

Didn't hate it, just watched the honest trailers - and yeah, this should have been like an HBO mini series or something - I think just 1 or 2 things cut or sidelined would have made it better.

Like: Elrond's daughter and Bevis or whatever - didnt really need that as...it...did...nothing.

Zombie dad was fine, and the time they spend with Bevis should have been with him to flesh that part out (heh) more.

Good Netflix tier movie, but I am a sucker for anything post apocalyptic.