Mortal Engines (2018)

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wait, what? Are you shitting on Fight Club right now or am I misunderstanding?

The oposite. Im saying it did the last second twist withou making you sit through two hours of shitshow, like most shamalamadingdong movies.

And yeah Tyler is an asshole and terrorist, but its still an entertaining movie.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Fight Club is cool when you're 14.

Then you realize Tyler Durden is either full of shit, or is going to be responsible for a revolution that results in millions of deaths through famine.

Tyler Durden is the original Mr. Robot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
These books are less 'young adult' in terms of their writing and more 'elementary school'. Some violence, but they are very easy and boring reads. The world could have been amazing, but it is all glossed over and skipped to keep to the quick story.

Brad2770

I love boobs. Fight Club would have been better with more boobs.

I was satisfied.

bob_400x400.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
well that looks very pretty

but holy shit is that dialogue hard to listen to, its like what you would expect if twenty 15 year old teenage girls wrote a movie

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Boy if that trailer isn't a synopsis of the book. It's a shame really, one of the neat little twists early on is Valentine punting the boy and that's just right in the trailer. He's introduced as this super cool Han Solo character with a daughter the boy has a crush on as well as a dog and it it looks like we've got the makings of our party. Then he punts our protagonist into the wasteland and we start on our way to figure out what's going on and we meet some cool characters along the way and so on and so forth. This trailer just tells you everything.

Fang (the woman in red) was really cool in the book but holy shit the dialogue they gave her.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Until you find out they turned this into a virtue signaling story about Globalization. And the consumption of cities by the Marxist heroes.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ok....now I'm not that interested lol
Big weapon thingy dangerous, heroe's father/mother has something to do with it, heroe must stop because something something chosen one, rebels help because they hate bad guy.
Am I right about this or.....?
Oh and yes....the dialogue is so bad lol

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yah, like Attog Attog said, immediately thought of John Carter. Great special effects and novel futuristic ideas, but we all know that can't account for meh storytelling or bad acting. Calling it now, will be bad. Acting looks super dull. Even Hugo Weaving appears disinterested.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They really should have the song london calling playing when london is chasing down the smaller town.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Watched it tonight. Movies not horrible, but its not worth paying for. Lots of plot holes if you just pay attention. Some stuff just doesnt make sense in other words. Again, its watchable - just dont recommend going to the theater to see it.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Agree, lots of plot holes, too many over-used tropes, basically no jokes or humor, too many characters they try to you care for but feel flat.