Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge (2020)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge (2020)

Genre: Fantasy, Action, Adventure, Animation

Director: Ethan Spaulding

Cast: Joel McHale, Jennifer Carpenter, Jordan Rodrigues, Patrick Seitz, Steve Blum, Artt Butler, Darin De Paul, Robin Atkin Downes, David B. Mitchell, Ike Amadi, Kevin Michael Richardson, Grey DeLisle, Fred Tatasciore

Release: 2020-04-16

Plot: Upcoming animated feature film from Warner Bros. based off the popular fighting game franchise Mortal Kombat.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
looks super gay

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i mean... joel mchale as johnny cage is pretty great

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn I was already sold in the normal trailer, but that red band really goes balls to the wall. Could not care less that its centered around scorpion, they could make an animated MK/MK2 scene for scene and I'd still watch it.

Hope they don't hold back and kill main characters.

Goro looks like he quadripelegic's someone in the trailer.

• 1Like

Goatface

the over the top brutality is great. Sonya is annoying and maybe the worse parts. Liu Kang's sounds while fighting had me crying.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
i mean... joel mchale as johnny cage is pretty great
giphy.gif

• 1Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I saw this pop up on IPtorrents, anyone see it? Any good?

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I saw this pop up on IPtorrents, anyone see it? Any good?
I enjoyed it enough. It's not going to be a classic but it's kind of what I expected from an animated MK movie. The gore is definitely there, but the overall story probably needed another 30 minutes. There are 2 storylines they are trying to do, with the actual tournament and the main Scorpion one, but both could have used fleshing out.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I just can't be bothered with subpar animated mortal kombat. do it right or fuck off. completely bungled the licensing of this franchise the last 2 decades.

• 1Solidarity

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
As far as Mortal Kombat movies go, this one is actually decent compared to some of the shit that's come out.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Just kinda realized - we need a good live action "tournament" movie... I am thinking bloodsport was the last "non-b" movie one...before that most of the kung fu movies were them...

They are a great formula.

Intro with 1-3 fighters we care about backstory/intro leading to the call to the tournament and their personal reasons

Gather, party time, hot chicks, boobs etc, drinks, quick info on some other fighters and motives.

Series of fight scenes that are awesome

One of the people we were rooting for dies, their cause becomes someone else's cause also, they win, roll credits.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Just kinda realized - we need a good live action "tournament" movie... I am thinking bloodsport was the last "non-b" movie one...before that most of the kung fu movies were them...

Intro with 1-3 fighters we care about backstory/intro leading to the call to the tournament and their personal reasons

Gather, party time, hot chicks, boobs etc, drinks, quick info on some other fighters and motives.

One of the people we were rooting for dies, their cause becomes someone else's cause also, they win, roll credits.
Dude, they already made the magnum opus of those movies!

hqdefault[1].jpg

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

This, with some MMA fighters as participants. Fights would be a lot more entertaining then pro wrestling ones. For the most part you could just let them have real fights, adjust your script accordingly and film the other scenes afterwards.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database