Mortal Online 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob

Anyone remember the first one? I do, full loot PvP. It has some interesting ideas. Not sure about the second one.

From what the devs have told us, it sounds like a fairly safe sequel with the same absence of levels, where players are free to wander, gather resources, talk and fight and trade as they like. They haven’t specifically mentioned building, and I’d be rather surprised if there isn’t any, but it’s best not to take anything for granted. There will again be full, free PvP in which victors can take everything you own, this time in Unreal Engine 4, so at least the ganking jerkasses ought to look alright. Star Vault boast of a 400km² map too, so perhaps I’ll be able to lurk in the woods somewhere, shunning all contact and going gradually mad.

The biggest change we know about is the reduction of MO’s four character slots to just one, which they stress will be a more versatile one so players won’t be locked into one playstyle. As a big fan of living in a game world instead of sidestepping into a different character, I’m very curious to see how that will go. Expanding on the crafting system is a priority too, as players will choose “the blade or head of the weapon, a handle type and what materials these two parts are made out of”. They describe the resulting variety in craftable goods as “almost infinite”, a mathematician-baiting phrase I fully endorse.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Anyone remember the first one? I do, full loot PvP. It has some interesting ideas. Not sure about the second one.

Didn't the first one bomb pretty hard, then they went for a FFXIV style redo, only for that to fail miserably as well?

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is not made by a big developer and looking at the financials i doubt they have resources to make anything worth while. Chart below is in Swedish kronor. For rough USD conversion divide by 10. Left bar is operational income and right is that years results. How this is a business and how anyone thinks a sequel is worth it i don't know.

Original game was released in 2010.

1576405725299.png

Last edited:

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
The original had some great ideas in it but the combat was pretty awful. Supposedly they’re changing the combat in #2. I hope it’s good but I doubt it will be.

agripa

Molten Core Raider
This is not made by a big developer and looking at the financials i doubt they have resources to make anything worth while. Chart below is in Swedish kronor. For rough USD conversion divide by 10. Left bar is operational income and right is that years results. How this is a business and how anyone thinks a sequel is worth it i don't know.

Original game was released in 2010.

View attachment 237778
I thought it was funded by some Swedish trust fund kid?

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
This game has moved into a beta stress test. Anyone playing? Easily the most detailed graphics I've seen in an mmo.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
The first game was a blatant scam and I can't imagine this will be much different. The first game was literally as if Pantheon were to have released 5 years ago. That was the state of the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
The first game was a blatant scam and I can't imagine this will be much different. The first game was literally as if Pantheon were to have released 5 years ago. That was the state of the game.
I don’t think the game was good but scam? What was a scam about it?
That’s what an indie MMO with a couple guys working on it looks like...

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I don’t think the game was good but scam? What was a scam about it?
That’s what an indie MMO with a couple guys working on it looks like...

Only 5 years after the game released could there even have been said to have been a game and even then laughably so. When the game released it literally could not even have been called an alpha.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's the game nobody is talking about because it is fucking garbage. Aside from looking decent, that's literally it. It offers next to nothing.

You play it or just assuming because of their track record?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whomever the dev is should throw a bunch of money at Lirik. He is actually making the game look fun to play. I imagine the voice comms become a cesspool once he gets out of the newbie area.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Whomever the dev is should throw a bunch of money at Lirik. He is actually making the game look fun to play. I imagine the voice comms become a cesspool once he gets out of the newbie area.

What game? rofl. There is no game. It's literally just a nice looking virtual world with next to nothing in it. They've spent more time drawing virtual dicks on guys than creating any sort of semblance of a game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
They've more time drawing virtual dicks on guys than creating any sort of semblance of a game.
This describes the first Mortal Online in a nutshell, so it's about all I'd expect from any "sequel". No doubt that'll be enough to bilk cock-loving morons into buying another barren sandbox game.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
the problem is going to be massive hacking and full loot pvp. These games tend to turn really really toxic. EVE is literally the only pvp mmo to ever be long term successful and it is because it had lots of restrictions on pvp.