Most memorable comic book moments

MrGraham_foh

shitlord
What"s the deal with the dinosaur in the batcave?

I just bought a new hd solely for the purpose of getting back into comics. Has there been a thread discussing Marvel"s online service yet? I don"t mind doing it legitimately if it"s a reasonable service.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
MrGraham said:
What"s the deal with the dinosaur in the batcave?

I just bought a new hd solely for the purpose of getting back into comics. Has there been a thread discussing Marvel"s online service yet? I don"t mind doing it legitimately if it"s a reasonable service.
The last time I checked, Marvel"s service wasn"t too hot. The selection was low, and the cbz/cbr reader was actually better. And yes, the scans are grainy.

The good part is that Marvel had some job postings up for some people to just do scans for 40 hours a week. Maybe one day the service will be up to snuff.

Not only that, but I"d love to see DC do the same. Since I read both, it makes no sense for me to have paper DC comics and digital Marvel comics.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
nosf said:
Payback is a bitch.

Re: Skalls and the wall of text. You were warned!
For those that don"t know, the guy that tore Joker a new one is the resurrected Robin. It would have been sweet if Robin killed him. And they can"t use the excuse that the Red Hood (Robin) was a good guy, because at the time he was putting up Punisher-levels of body counts.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
So much for Bane being the only human to out-melee Batman. This was at a time when Deathstroke had his own comic, and he was a vigilante like the Punisher. He had no problems shooting people or stabbing them back in the day. I like Slade more as a hero than a villain.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I"ve been thinking about that Batman/Superman comic and it"s actually quite stupid. It"s one thing for Batman to keep some of every type of Kryptonite, but what the fuck is he going to do with a huge pile of the green. Why would he stockpile a large amount of the stuff: 1) It doesn"t take much to put down a rampaging Supes. 2) His batcave has been compromised in the past, that"s just unneccesary risk.

Where"s Jeph Loeb when ya need him.

nosf_foh

shitlord
That"s All-star Batman and Robin by Frank Miller and Jim Lee. I think that"s about 4-5 issues in; it"s a super erratic schedule for that book. All of them are worth checking out, it"s one arc by those guys.

Aamina_foh

shitlord
K...this thread made me nostalgic. So I wanted to get back into X-Men starting with the 1991 crap (X-Men: Legacy I believe was its original name) for the better artwork and modern stories. Anyone know a good place to download them in bulk? I am having a hard time locating anything outside of just standard X-Men 1-400 something. Hit me with a PM if you know.

SceleriS_foh

shitlord
i cannot belive noone mentioned Deadpool. I love those comics for the sheer absurdity.

My most memorable comic moments:

Angel being crusified by the marauders in the morlock tunnels.(YEARS later it shows gambit had something to do with it)

House of M where everything gets turned upside down..the most fun part being wolverine remembering everything (since that was his deepest wish and scarlet witch gave everyone the life they always wished for) Jumping off a shield helicarrier and falling hundreds of meters down...later on grabbing a beer and saying: yeah let"s kill magneto.

Kraven"s last hunt where spiderman gets buried alive. I still cannot believe how they fucked up spiderman lately with the whole massive mephisto retcon.

Thor beating the living crap out of iron man

Xecutioners song was a fantastic arc. Cable and stryfe, xavier on the brink of death and wolverine being his usual badass self.

Wolverine flying into an army of ninjas on the back of a sentinel trying to confront Elektra.

Cable"s son as Nemesis killing Cyber and trying to give wolverine his adamantium back, wolverine resists the process and goes absolutely apeshit killing all of the dark riders.

A funny moment in time was the infinity crusade. Adam Warlock"s good side tries to take over the world and at one point wolverine and hulk sit on a rooftop. Adam confronts them and explains why he insists on having those 2...since they won"t hold back when push comes to shove. Wolverine and Hulk agreeing that they are different then the others and that they aren"t afraid to kill when needed(in wolverines case even when not needed.)

Onslaught series. Where a "meteor" lands and Beast and bishop go and investigate. The meteor is Juggernaut who got smacked through 2 states by onslaught.Juggernaut being pissed off by the fact someone had the damn nerve to smack him across 2 states.

WWHulk where hulk sends wolverine flying through an entire forest.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I don"t remember what comic it was from.. Probably Ultimate X-Men (sorry Lyrical), but there was an issue dealing with a mutant kid that mutant power emerges as an effect that kills anyone near him. He has no control over it.

So he runs to a cave and hides crying and then Wolverine shows up (because he is the only one that can survive the power due to his healing factor) and talks to him basically saying sometimes there are mutants that are born that cannot be allowed to survive like the kids death power. As they talk the perspective moves to outside the cavbe and you just "hear" SNIKT.

I just thought this was a really interesting moment as basically Xavier sent Wolverine to be a hitman.