Most memorable comic book moments

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
darkblue said:
So... just finished reading the 200 or so TPB"s(HC"s) I"ve bought and read together with a friend over the past 6 months. From Secret War to Siege (in the "Avengers line") and House of M to Second Coming (in the "X line"), and I must say... comics are fucking awesome. Glad I gave it a chance.

If anyone has ever been interested in getting into comics(Marvel especially) but been turned off by all the different titles/events/timelines etc, and the lack of information as a new reader from Marvels part. Well... me and my friend put together an excel sheet with all the Trades in it and we pieced them all together into what we think is the best reading order, as good as you can get with trades and not single issues. So if anyone might be interested in it, we could try to clean it up a bit and send it out.

Looks sort of like this.
This is the nerdiest post I"ve ever seen on FOH. You actually put together a spreadsheet on reading order.

Congrats.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That"s not really his return. We are still missing some shit that explains exactly how everything went down.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Arbitrary said:
That"s not really his return. We are still missing some shit that explains exactly how everything went down.
More concerning to me in reading that week"s books, is that Batman has now copied the JLA"s abilities, so he has heat vision, force field, ability to invis, super speed, teleport, magic lasso, green lantern abilities, etc. WTH.

Lyrical said:
More concerning to me in reading that week"s books, is that Batman has now copied the JLA"s abilities, so he has heat vision, force field, ability to invis, super speed, teleport, magic lasso, green lantern abilities, etc. WTH.
Yeah, that suit is crazy. I wonder if they know he stole all their abilities? I smell a lawsuit!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What I"m concerned about more than anything is that the very good Batman and Robin comics are going to change significantly or end all together so they can take Batman in a new direction that I"m just not interested in. If the goal was to change things up than stick with Dick Grayson and Damien and keep Batman as Bruce Wayne on the back burner for a time to be named later. I didn"t like Battle for the Cowl and I certainly didn"t think Nightwing making himself Batman was a great idea but it worked because he didn"t think it was a great idea either.

I"m not saying this Batmen Incorporated thing won"t work or can"t work. Right now, as I sit here, I just don"t fucking get the point. They fucked up their releases so the Return of Bruce Wayne is all out of order, he"s running around as The Insider with Iron Man"s suit painted black, and now we"ll have corporate sponsored Batmen squads around the world?

As a fan and reader it is a great deal to take in and I can"t see it being anything but a confusing mess for casual readers.

Grimmlokk said:
ETA til they realize this is retarded and find a way to make Batman back in to Batman?
In their defense, there is no indication this is permenant. Infact, he ran around in his old batman outfit in B&R #16. The super armor only seems to really be in the mini-series.

I think we need to let the next months worth of comics to come out and clarify what the hell is going on... maybe that will include the end for the timetravelingdemonbatgodapocolypseshit too.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This is going to sound silly but I think that Batman was "inside" the box that Dr. Hurt was carrying around, that opening it during whatever ritual day whatever was how Batman got back.

Doesn"t make much sense and I am pretty sure I"m wrong but it"s what I got. I even reread 15 again and yep, it"s the conclusion I"m stuck with.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
darkblue said:
So... just finished reading the 200 or so TPB"s(HC"s) I"ve bought and read together with a friend over the past 6 months. From Secret War to Siege (in the "Avengers line") and House of M to Second Coming (in the "X line"), and I must say... comics are fucking awesome. Glad I gave it a chance.

If anyone has ever been interested in getting into comics(Marvel especially) but been turned off by all the different titles/events/timelines etc, and the lack of information as a new reader from Marvels part. Well... me and my friend put together an excel sheet with all the Trades in it and we pieced them all together into what we think is the best reading order, as good as you can get with trades and not single issues. So if anyone might be interested in it, we could try to clean it up a bit and send it out.

Looks sort of like this.
I"d actually love to see the finished product. I keep attempting to start reading some and never know where to begin. I haven"t read a comic really since umm, I think it was Age of Apocalypse, which was awesome.

darkblue_foh

shitlord
Vvoid said:
I"d actually love to see the finished product. I keep attempting to start reading some and never know where to begin. I haven"t read a comic really since umm, I think it was Age of Apocalypse, which was awesome.
Well, here it is for those who are interested. Works best with Chrome, since it"s in Google Docs.

Some things...
1. Will update over time
2. Haven"t read 126 and onwards, so not 100% certain it all "fits"
3. No... this isn"t all of the Marvel trades, just the ones we found interesting and actually connects into the major events.
4. It"s impossible to fit everything perfectly with trades, so this is just what we feel is the "best" lineup.
5. Let me know if anything is wrong or if you have any questions.

Marvel Comics Trades
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=COa5zKIL

Edit: For some reason it"s seems like you need to be logged in with your Google account in order to see the "time-line arrows", don"t know why.

End of Thanos Imperitive: Amazing.

End of Return of Bruce Wayne: Didn"t like at all.

Clues from latest Red Robin point to Bruce being Batman as well as Greyson. I guess Greyson gets to hang out in Gotham and Bruce with JLA/Bats International?

Either way... meh. Does not fill me with joy or interest in the Bat Family (though other events in Red Robin did).

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Zhaun"s_Shade said:
End of Thanos Imperitive: Amazing.

End of Return of Bruce Wayne: Didn"t like at all.
Yep.

The Return of Bruce Wayne, for being a mini-series, doesn"t flow together very well. I"m sure if I went back and read each issue back to back it would be very jarring with the final issue feeling completely out of place. Hell, I got that impression even as they were being released. For dealing with as many complex elements as it does the Thanos Imperative does just an amazing job of telling a solid story and doesn"t punish someone with only a casual knowledge of the universe and recent events.

The Return of Bruce Wayne does alright getting started but the finale doesn"t follow from the previous five issues in a reasonable manner and the whole thing is just so overwritten and unnecessarily complicated. Darkseid was going to try and incarnate through Dr. Hurt who started worshiping his Hyper-Adapter as the demon bat-god Barbatos ouch my brain why am I even reading this fucking shit. I"m willing to ignore quite a bit of it because of how much I like the entire run of Batman and Robin but it barely feels like it should be part of the main continuity. I"ve read better Elseworlds and What Ifs than The Return of Bruce Wayne.

Arbitrary said:
Yep.

The Return of Bruce Wayne, for being a mini-series, doesn"t flow together very well. I"m sure if I went back and read each issue back to back it would be very jarring with the final issue feeling completely out of place. Hell, I got that impression even as they were being released. For dealing with as many complex elements as it does the Thanos Imperative does just an amazing job of telling a solid story and doesn"t punish someone with only a casual knowledge of the universe and recent events.

The Return of Bruce Wayne does alright getting started but the finale doesn"t follow from the previous five issues in a reasonable manner and the whole thing is just so overwritten and unnecessarily complicated. Darkseid was going to try and incarnate through Dr. Hurt who started worshiping his Hyper-Adapter as the demon bat-god Barbatos ouch my brain why am I even reading this fucking shit. I"m willing to ignore quite a bit of it because of how much I like the entire run of Batman and Robin but it barely feels like it should be part of the main continuity. I"ve read better Elseworlds and What Ifs than The Return of Bruce Wayne.
Proof the whole thing didn"t go over well: I"d have been happier if they actually killed Bruce Wayne in FC #5 or 6 or whatveer and that was that.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Arbitrary said:
The Return of Bruce Wayne does alright getting started but the finale doesn"t follow from the previous five issues in a reasonable manner and the whole thing is just so overwritten and unnecessarily complicated.
This pretty much sums up why all the DC events go to shit and a vast majority of the Marvel ones do as well. They cram too much shit in early to tie it all up in a satisfactory fashion.

fucker_foh

shitlord
so, about Thanos Imperative: the last time i"ve read something about him was when he died at the end of Annihilation

is there something else to read about him before TI ?

McShrimp_foh

shitlord
fucker said:
so, about Thanos Imperative: the last time i"ve read something about him was when he died at the end of Annihilation

is there something else to read about him before TI ?
Guardians of the Galaxy #24 & #25 are about him busting out of his cocoon right before TI starts, but outside of that I don"t really know if it was mentioned at all that it was actually him inside the thing. AFAIK him busting out was the first appearance since he was killed.

Take that with a grain of salt though, since Thanos Imperative is the first comic saga I"ve read in like 15 years. I just haven"t found much else scouring the interwebs trying to find more about it.