Most memorable comic book moments

Concur on the killing joke. Its a classic.

Edit: Also try Batman Year One. Loosely what Batman Begins is based on, without the stupid ninja and league of shadows subplot. Much better overall.

Felonius_sl

shitlord
2 things I"ll add to my list, thanks.

Also I just finished Final crisis... did I miss something or was there really like 5 different plots in it. I got the collected stories and it was weird, because shit would happen and then 20 pages they came back to it when I"d read about the 4 other plots going on.

I really shoulda just stuck with batman lol.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Final Crisis was in trouble when it began by completely disregarding the Death of the New Gods which just wrapped up right before it started.

Felonius_sl

shitlord
wanna give me the five second run down on that? I basically bought anything relating to batman, and final crisis only because of his death... which consequenty was like a 1 page ordeal. Should have saved myself the 20 bucks.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So which one of the F4 is about to die? They said clues have been dropped for a while now, but i"m not an avid reader so I haven"t picked up on it.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Hurry up and read Long Halloween since it"s the best one on your list and make sure to follow it up with Dark Victory which is the best one briefly mentioned on your list.

Felonius_sl

shitlord
The Ancient said:
Hurry up and read Long Halloween since it"s the best one on your list and make sure to follow it up with Dark Victory which is the best one briefly mentioned on your list.
will do man, I"m eating through them. Bought them all 2 days ago and I"ve read Hush, Heart of Hush, Final Crisis and RIP.

Final Crisis was poo and easily skipped as other than Batman dying, don"t think it did anything of consequence.

I really enjoy Gotham Sirens myself.

Battle for the Cowl is pretty good in spite of RIP/Final Crisis.

All the Batman, Batman and Robin, Red Robin, Batgirl comics since battle fo the cowl are real good, and even manages to go back and explain RIP/Final Crisis somewhere in there.

Return of Bruce Wayne the actual series was mostly poo. However, the comics (bunch of 1-shots and single issues) that actually had his return (all the bat-family plus) are great, and it has all been great since then.

(p.s. since his return he has been hanging out with a special girl again. Which I have been liking)

Felonius said:
Haha, touche, however I"ll allow myself this one indulgence.
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:Yep, it is. When he first comes visit her it is awesome, as she assumes it is Greyson who she doesn"t like. She has been in 3-4 issues with him so far. Love it and thier revived relationship.

Just so you know, currently the comics work like this:

Batman & Robin = BatGreyson & Damian
Red Robin = Tim Drake
Batman = BatWayne
Batman Inc = BatWayne & BatGreyson & Guests putting the new "Batman International" together (a Batman in every major city!)
Bat Girl = Stephenie Brown (formerly "Spoiler") & Oracle (great if campy/"girly")
Detective Comics = Kate Kane, a new and mostly independant of the others Batwoman (zomg she is a jew lesbian that got don"t-ask-don"t-telled out of the military! ... she is actually pretty cool honestly)

These are all great, weakest being Detective Comics, due more to odd writing style than anything else. The character is cool and I think they just changed the team on it.

Semi-Related:
Gotham City Sirens = Harley, Catwoman, Plantgirl... errr Poison Ivy, often gueststarring Riddler (at least in the begining). Love. It.
Birds of Prey = Oracle is the kind of "leader" of this group, so if you really like her you may want to follow this. I haven"t enjoyed it as I don"t care for or know anything about Black Canary which has been the main plot thus far.

Felonius_sl

shitlord
Thanks for the info man, it is much appreciated, after I finish Battle for the cowl I"ll get some of the Wayne returning stuff then focus mainly on Gotham city sirens/Batman (wayne) and just catch up on the rest as they come out.

TheOkapi_foh

shitlord
Asmadai said:
So which one of the F4 is about to die? They said clues have been dropped for a while now, but i"m not an avid reader so I haven"t picked up on it.
If it was me writing it, it would be Human Torch. He"s been pointless and one dimensional since the 70s. Killing him off will have zero emotional impact as far as I"m concerned, and will have zero impact of f4 storylines, since he never did dick but fuck with Ben anyway. And Spiderman is better at that than he is, so fuck em.

Felonius_sl

shitlord
Zhaun"s_Shade said:
Return of Bruce Wayne the actual series was mostly poo.However, the comics (bunch of 1-shots and single issues) that actually had his return (all the bat-family plus) are great, and it has all been great since then.
Btw are these collected anywhere or am I going to have to do some footwork to collect all the issues worth reading?

Post Battle for the cowl is there any chance you could get me numbers on Bruce"s return? After reading everything from Hush to Battle of the cowl (including final crisis) this is where I"m heading. I basically want to buy all the back issues (collections if possible but meh) and subscribe to the new ones asap.

I"m hoping a couple hundred dollars later and some free time before classes start back up I"ll be all caught up on my Gotham soap opera.

Felonius said:
Btw are these collected anywhere or am I going to have to do some footwork to collect all the issues worth reading?

Post Battle for the cowl is there any chance you could get me numbers on Bruce"s return? After reading everything from Hush to Battle of the cowl (including final crisis) this is where I"m heading. I basically want to buy all the back issues (collections if possible but meh) and subscribe to the new ones asap.

I"m hoping a couple hundred dollars later and some free time before classes start back up I"ll be all caught up on my Gotham soap opera.
This just happened... Oct I think so pretty recent, so don"t think they"re "prepackaged" somewhere. The covers all had a special banner if that helps?

Afraid I"m not a collecter, so don"t have much of an idea about issue numbers, though Batman & Robin, Red Robin & latest Batgirl have all started immediatley or shortly after Battle for the Cowl. So the full run of them +Gotham Sirens is all post-BftC-era.

As for other Bat-titles... ummm... looking Final Crisis up, it ended March 09, so Battle for the Cowl should be mid-09, so we"re talking about the last 12-18 issues of Detective Comics, as for Batman... I almost want to say they suspended it, but since it is currently like issue 703-705ish, I"d say around 685-690 would be the Battle for the Cowl & post-BftC-era?

Bruces return should be around B&R & Red Robin 12-13? Batgirl 10ish? And around Batman 700?

Sorry I can"t be more specific than that. Though I"m sure that should be a decent start if you"re buying from a decent store.

Felonius said:
Nah man thats a great start thanks, and I just finished Battle for the Cowl. Great stuff. Redeeming after RIP.
Definatley. Battle for the Cowl, then the next storylines were all worth while.

There is an actual "Return of Bruce Wayne" comic mini, and a sub-mini to go with it. Was actually pretty horrible I thought, can totally skip it.

But when he actually shows up in the one shots and special bannered normal titles it is a bit confusing (they are in a chronological order that doesn"t seem to be very clear until you read them) and a bit odd (why does he have this amazing supersuit and why does he ditch it), but that aside it is good stuff as he is kind of a... revitalized Bruce Wayne, but definatley still very Bruce Wayne.

Felonius_sl

shitlord
Did some reading on the DC wiki for some of the stuff I"ll be getting into and I read about darkest night etc. Man I wish they"d make movie (even if they were animated) versions of some of these mega-series that stayed faithful. I grew up on Batman TAS and is probably why I focus on him the most.

Felonius said:
Did some reading on the DC wiki for some of the stuff I"ll be getting into and I read about darkest night etc. Man I wish they"d make movie (even if they were animated) versions of some of these mega-series that stayed faithful. I grew up on Batman TAS and is probably why I focus on him the most.
Ugh, I thought Darkest Night was mostly awful. The stuff in the actually GL comics was great, but all the crossover stuff was pretty awful.

I have to say, every recent DC super-event I can think of I have disliked. No, the Sinestro War was good, and the pre-Blackest Night green lantern comics stuff was good too.