Most memorable comic book moments

I think Grant Morrison is love-him-or-hate-him, as I"m not sure I liked anything he has done.

Anyone have like a list?

Maybe I"m just still butthurt over "ZOMG FINAL CRISIS WILL BE LIKE A CHOIR OF ANGELS GIVING YOU A BLOWJOB!" and then hating it.

Felonius_sl

shitlord
I can"t remember who suggested Dark Victory after I mentioned I was reading Long Halloween, but I just wanted to say thanks. Was a great story. Loeb has a way to make you forget it"s about super heroes and villains and think of it as a 1940"s film noir detective mystery. Shit is just that good.

Buying Haunted Knight next because after LH, Hush, and DV I don"t think this man can do any wrong.

Edit: going back a page the award goes to The Ancient, thanks

And Hush isn"t overrated *sniffle* Though I do like it when Batman"s stories fall into the realm of detective trying to find the murderer before he gets his next victim and steers clear of super powered villains ala clayface/bane etc.

2nd edit: God damnit, theres a catwoman one when she was in Italy between the 2 books? FML thats an instant buy. Gogo amazon.

fucker_foh

shitlord
revolreggin said:
Warning: Intense Spoiler Ahead

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:So they killed off The Human Torch?
they "killed" Mr fantastic once, during the worst F4 period ever (just before the Onslaught saga)

he was out of the comic for like 10 months, then they discovered he was traped in the Hyborean age

the same thing will happend to whoever "dies" this time

mainstream comics should just bankrupt

Felonius_sl

shitlord
column said:
O, he can do wrong...trust me LOL
Yeah he signed an exclusive contract with marvel, heyoooooo.

Kidding aside I haven"t been let down yet and 2 books to go atleast concerning Batman so we shall see.

darkblue_foh

shitlord
So, I"ve been reading some more comics over the past weeks, such as, Scarlet, Invincible, Powers, Sandman.

Was planning on picking up Irredeemable and Locke & Key tomorrow, are they any good? Oh and, after reading most of Marvels stuff, FF was the one title I stayed away from, but does anyone have any input on Hickmans run, is it worth picking up?

Caliane

darkblue said:
So, I"ve been reading some more comics over the past weeks, such as, Scarlet, Invincible, Powers, Sandman.

Was planning on picking up Irredeemable and Locke & Key tomorrow, are they any good? Oh and, after reading most of Marvels stuff, FF was the one title I stayed away from, but does anyone have any input on Hickmans run, is it worth picking up?
yeah they are.

Also check out Incognito.

I don"t think anything of it because jackasses have kept spoiling the fucking thing here before the book came out to read.

So I think it sucks at the moment thanks to this thread, as it may have been a good comic if it wasn"t spoiled.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I managed to read it without it being spoiled, but from what the guy in the store told me, this image has been up on their page since monday

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
4d3e4f77de235.jpg

It was a pretty good issue and its hard to believe they are ending the series (for now anyway), it"s been so good in the last few years I thought.

4d3e4f77de235.jpg

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Zhaun"s_Shade said:
I don"t think anything of it because jackasses have kept spoiling the fucking thing here before the book came out to read.

So I think it sucks at the moment thanks to this thread, as it may have been a good comic if it wasn"t spoiled.
It"s been all over the news fuckwad, hell it was on Yahoo"s front page this afternoon.

Holy shit rofl, maybe you should yell at CNN and Yahoo for spoilers too.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tarrant220 said:
It"s been all over the news fuckwad, hell it was on Yahoo"s front page this afternoon.

Or maybe you shouldn"t spoil it before it happens in a thread entirely for comic fans where a little common decency might be expected? NAH! It"s the internet, be a massive fuckhead.

We should probably get this thread flagged Spoilers and the Comic/Graphic Novels one No Spoilers.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Grimmlokk said:
Or maybe you shouldn"t spoil it before it happens in a thread entirely for comic fans where a little common decency might be expected? NAH! It"s the internet, be a massive fuckhead.

We should probably get this thread flagged Spoilers and the Comic/Graphic Novels one No Spoilers.
Sorry I thought since it was being reported by all major news outlets on TV and the internet for the last 2 or 3 days you"d be alright.

Tarrant220 said:

Except I bet none of them spoiled who it was in the headline, and by *GASP* not reading the articles, people were able to avoid the spoiler.

I completely avoided knowing who it was until I came here and people posted it unspoiled.

But yeah, Grimm, we should probably have this just renamed "The comic thread" or somthing.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I recently bought an iPad and got the marvel and dc apps. I"m looking for good compelete series. So far I bought the long Halloween but havent had a chance to start it. Dc universe is something I"m not so familiar with. I heard infinity crisis was good, but there is only one comic in the series I can find.

As for marvel, I"ve read wwhulk, and liked it. I"m curious about some of the other epic story lines. I used to read xmen but my memory is a bit cloudy.

Again if anyone is familiar with the apple comic aps or has another app / method of delivery that does complete series please shoot me a pm with your suggestions.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mythas said:
Again if anyone is familiar with the apple comic aps or has another app / method of delivery that does complete series please shoot me a pm with your suggestions.
I thinkComic Zealis pretty much the go to app. Reads CBR/CBZ files so you can just steal everything since the legal distributino methods seem woefully behind.

I haven"t tried it yet myself, no idea how to even put your CB* files on the iPad. I should probably check it out.

edit: Just checked the page on uploading, God I hate iTunes sync bullshit.