Most memorable comic book moments

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Felonius_sl

shitlord
Been searching for a Gotham city sirens graphic novel, anyone know if they ever made one?

I"ve found like compiled copies of issues 1-7 and 7-14, but I was hoping for the entire series (short as it may be) in one book.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I inherited a nook tablet when my geek dad bought a Nexus 7. I am fucking loving it for reading comics. When I read on my laptop I"d always set the image to "fit width", using the same setting on the tablet and keeping it sideways works perfectly.

It won"t replace my graphic novels/collected editions for shit I want to actually own, but I basically never buy single issues of comics. This is perfect for those.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Grimmlokk said:
So I inherited a nook tablet when my geek dad bought a Nexus 7. I am fucking loving it for reading comics. When I read on my laptop I"d always set the image to "fit width", using the same setting on the tablet and keeping it sideways works perfectly.

It won"t replace my graphic novels/collected editions for shit I want to actually own, but I basically never buy single issues of comics. This is perfect for those.
Tablets are great for comics, using an Ipad myself. They are within one inch the size of the paper comic.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
OK, AvX12, which was the ending of the series, really sucked hard as far as endings go. What a lame crossover, that was even worse than the Midgard serpent crossover. We haven"t had a good Marvel crossover since the ones with Norman Osborn.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I"m not sure I get why Cyclops is being held responsible for his actions while possessed by the Phoenix. I also think rehashing "No More _ _ _ _" is seriously lame. This series had No More Avengers and No More Phoenix and it"s all bleh. For being the event that rekindled mutant kind it was C/C- quality and took for fucking ever.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
My brother and I were discussing that in the comic shop this week. We both felt ripped off and we hadn"t even purchased any of the AvX stuff. So awful.

Arbitrary said:
I"m not sure I get why Cyclops is being held responsible for his actions while possessed by the Phoenix. I also think rehashing "No More _ _ _ _" is seriously lame. This series had No More Avengers and No More Phoenix and it"s all bleh. For being the event that rekindled mutant kind it was C/C- quality and took for fucking ever.
It was the worst characterization of Scott Summers ever in the aftermath. It set back almost a decade of character development in him.

Also, the entire event can be summarized like this...

The Avengers overreact to the X-Men wanting to make Hope the Phoenix host. They fuck up royally and mishandle the situation in every way. In the end, in order to fix their fuck ups, they make Hope the Phoenix host to put an end to it.

They then blame Cyclops for it all despite the fact that it was their fault he got possessed by the Phoenix in the first place.

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/...ie1989/avx.jpg

The entire event in summation.

Let"s hope they can do better with Ultron War.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Arbitrary said:
And I hate the way they wrote him that he didn"t give a shit about killing his father. It"s like the writers were trying to make him like Magneto, but even Magneto would care about that.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don"t care how shitty they wrote Cyclops in this. I"m not turning on the character no matter how much they try and make me. What"s going on here is character assassination and little more.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Arbitrary said:
I don"t care how shitty they wrote Cyclops in this. I"m not turning on the character no matter how much they try and make me. What"s going on here is character assassination and little more.
How long before he goes into the Thunderbolts program?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Professor X needs to stay the hell away from the Phoenix Force. Also, very hard to believe that Cyclops would kill him and show no remorse.

Arbitrary is right, the way Marvel handled him is disgusting. He"s been a hero since the 60"s, now he commits destruction on a global level and killed his own Father.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is from the Iron Man storyline ("Demon in the Bottle") that influenced John Favreau a lot in the movie. I remember that this was the first time a superhero ever showed his ass. Up until then, superheroes were morally perfect. There was another storyline where the Avengers are getting beat and they need Iron Man, but he"s drunk as hell from whiskey and can"t move. We see imperfect superheroes a lot now, but this was the first time that I can remember. Hancock is just an impersonation of how Tony used to be.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Arbitrary said:
I thought the very end of Uncanny 19 was pretty awesome if you were a fan of cyclops. He clearly "won" the AvX war. He may be in jail, but the Phoenix came and now there are new mutants. He was remorseful that he killed the professor, but accepted the blame and wouldn"t change what he did. Everything he has done for the last few years has been to try and return the X-Gene to the world, and he did.

Plus the last panel of him coming out the tent with beast, hands crossed in an X above his head was pretty cool.

Angerz said:
I thought the very end of Uncanny 19 was pretty awesome if you were a fan of cyclops. He clearly "won" the AvX war. He may be in jail, but the Phoenix came and now there are new mutants. He was remorseful that he killed the professor, but accepted the blame and wouldn"t change what he did. Everything he has done for the last few years has been to try and return the X-Gene to the world, and he did.

Plus the last panel of him coming out the tent with beast, hands crossed in an X above his head was pretty cool.
xmenzone013.jpg

xmenzone015.jpg

I"m afraid I can"t agree. The writing was pretty terrible and just destroyed Scott"s character.

He became a lot more hardcore and was willing to make the tough decisions to save the mutant race, but there were just some lines he wouldn"t cross. All of this occurred as a direct result of the Avengers" meddling in their plan(Which the Avengers then execute in the end after fucking things up beyond repair), and he gets the blame for it.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
Hate the premise of the Red Skull becoming powered up, Uncanny Avengers #1 spoiler:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:He"s going to get powered up using Xavier"s brain, which he proudly is holding in his hand for no reason but for dramatics in the final panel of UX1.

So. Stupid.

He should be offing new mutants left and right and harvesting "unsettled" phoenix energy or something... create some scientific explanations for the energy to being able to be re-dispersed before it permanently holds to the new hosts or something... so he"s killing them and harvesting it for himself... So easy to rationalize.

Instead, it"s "omg, xavier"s brain".

Bleh.

Anyone read how the old X-Men are coming from the past yet? I thought it would have abruptly happened in AVX 12... Chuck"s death + phoenix manifesting his dream before it went so horribly wrong, or something.

Guessing it"ll come out of the first UX arc then maybe due to the Red Skull meddling with things.

Forgot about those tattered heroes teasers because I thought I"d read they were just some Punisher or Spider-Man event... but Ultron War? Cool.

Felonius_sl

shitlord
Just finished book 3 of the Marvel Oz series. Great stuff.

Starting The Stuff of Legend tonight. Looks great, anyone have (non-spoiler) thoughts on it?

EDIT: Just finished book 1 and 2 of The Stuff of Legend. Literally couldn"t put it down. The characters, artwork, and story are 10/10. It"s a great IP, would love to see it turned into a movie, or a video game.

Felonius said:
Just finished book 3 of the Marvel Oz series. Great stuff.

Starting The Stuff of Legend tonight. Looks great, anyone have (non-spoiler) thoughts on it?

EDIT: Just finished book 1 and 2 of The Stuff of Legend. Literally couldn"t put it down. The characters, artwork, and story are 10/10. It"s a great IP, would love to see it turned into a movie, or a video game.

Where do you get your comics?