Most memorable comic book moments

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Jesus, I just spent the last hour reading that when I should have been getting some sleep. I loved the first one, and didn"t think it could get any better, but it did.

My favorite line was (from #5), "Cannonball looks like Morgan Fairchild looked into the Ark of the Covenant."

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Hey guys, I have a friend who is selling off his collection, if you or anyone else is interested please let me know. He is working up a total listing of his collection right now but here is what he sent me to post here to see if he could get any interest.

Hey all. There"s not a complete catalog at the moment, (I have Golden Age books and complete Silver Age runs and even the CGC graded modern classics to name a few ) but there are definitely complete runs of Daredevil (SA 1-present, all variants), Thor (SA 126 (1) - present, all variants), Ghost rider (BA 1-81, High Grade), Conan the Barbarian (BA 1-275, High Grade), Phantom Stranger (GA1-3--yes, those--and BA 1-41, High Grade), Luke Cage, Hero for Hire (BA 1-125), Doctor Strange (BA and 80s complete), Authority (Basically every book of every related series), Watchmen (CGC 9.6 WP complete 1-12, plus non-slabbed complete 1-12), League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Original two runs, complete), and much, MUCH more.
He is working up full list right now, he told me almost everything except the golden Age stuff will be sold at a fraction of guied price and he would like to stick to selling complete series"s if possible but will consider partial runs or single books if offers are good.

I"ll post more info as I get it, if you have questions about anything let me know and I will forward it on to him.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Also in case people are interested, he"s selling his collection to fund some projects he wants to do. He is a performer with two other people, they"ve even been on Americas Got Talent.

good guy, was hopin to help him out.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Anyone read anything new and interesting, lately? Since Marvel"s basically ruined for now, I"m finding myself drawn more and more to Boom! Studios" stuff. Caped is pretty good and I think I"m going to be following Extermination. And of course Incorruptible and Irredeemable have been great.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I"ve been reading Northlanders. I think it was suggested by someone here, but not positive. It"s basically a bunch of short arc viking stories. Anywhere from 1-6 issues per story. No heavy inter-connectivity. All written by Brian Wood, one of the reasons I was interested. Local was quietly a pretty damn interesting book sometimes.

Uses a bunch of different artists so there"s no real unifying style there.

Also been reading the Alan Moore relaunch/whatever ofSupreme, which I"m pretty sure was suggested here. It"s kind of too similar to MiracleMan(with the golden/silver age flashbacks), but still quite cool. No one blends comics and real life in a purely comic book setting like he does. Except maybe whoever did the Deadpool arc years ago where he went back in time to and impersonated Peter Parker, that shit was awesome.

The Comic Book Fools of April - Deadpool Time Travels Into an Old Issue of Spider-Man | Comics Should Be Good! @ Comic Book Resources

Caliane

Troll said:
Anyone read anything new and interesting, lately? Since Marvel"s basically ruined for now, I"m finding myself drawn more and more to Boom! Studios" stuff. Caped is pretty good and I think I"m going to be following Extermination. And of course Incorruptible and Irredeemable have been great.
Rachel Rising, Saga, The Manhatten projects, Morning glories, Ennis can really annoy me... but The Boys is almost done and decent.
The recreation of Glory is amusingly good too, since Grimlokk mentioned Supreme.

DC. Wonder woman, Demon knights<- fantasy more then capes. its like that DnD comic. which if you never read is also amazing), Aquaman
More cape stuff, Firestorm, Gothem city Sirens, dial H.

Marvel. ultimate"s was doing amazing with Hickman writing.. (hes writing the Manhatten projects too.) but 12 just fell completely flat when he left..
No marvel book comes to mind right now.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Caliane said:
Rachel Rising, Saga, The Manhatten projects, Morning glories, Ennis can really annoy me... but The Boys is almost done and decent.
The recreation of Glory is amusingly good too, since Grimlokk mentioned Supreme.

DC. Wonder woman, Demon knights<- fantasy more then capes. its like that DnD comic. which if you never read is also amazing), Aquaman
More cape stuff, Firestorm, Gothem city Sirens, dial H.

Marvel. ultimate"s was doing amazing with Hickman writing.. (hes writing the Manhatten projects too.) but 12 just fell completely flat when he left..
No marvel book comes to mind right now.
ROFL, Aquaman. You"ve pretty much invalidated any further statements on comics if you like Aquaman.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Lanludar said:
If anyone here ever liked any Hellraiser stuff the new Boom! storyline is really good right now.
I"d been tempted by the Hellraiser books, but wasn"t sure. May pick up a few.

Caliane

so no. You are judging the quality of something you haven"t read. Brilliant.

Its not as good as WW, or Demon knights, but still one of the better new U books.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Caliane said:
so no. You are judging the quality of something you haven"t read. Brilliant.

Its not as good as WW, or Demon knights, but still one of the better new U books.
Sorry, I don"t get excited about a guy whose main powers are to swim fast and talk to fish, and nor should you. Lamest superhero EVER. I"m going to start nerd raging on you in a sec.