Most recognized brand from each of the 50 states

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This could be international, not just considering Americans brand recognition, the article doesn't really say one way or another. That would probably change things a bit.
I don't think so. Taco John's isn't even international. They're only in 24 different states. I guess they have some location on military bases but I'm not sure if that includes overseas bases.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
That's a shame, the world needs to know about Taco Johns meat & potato burrito (we used to just call them potato burritos). So good when you're drunk.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ohio should definitely be P&G. Not fucking Wendy's. Shit, I'd put P&G, Macy's and Kroger all above Wendy's. They even have Gillette as the Massachusetts company - a brand that is owned by P&G.

Apple is huge in California, but I'd say one of the social media sites now - particularly Facebook.

I disagree with Minnesota too. Didn't even know Pillsbury was from Minnesota, but I do know Best Buy and Target are based in Minnesota.

And Starbucks is certainly a very recognizable Washington company, but I'd put Microsoft ahead of Starbucks.
I think the issue with P&G being recognizable is that they don't market P&G. They have their brands under their umbrella they market.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Its weird, Dunkin Donuts was big around here back in the 70s and early 80s, then they all disappeared for decades, and a couple just recently opened up in the last couple years again. We had a Dunkin Donuts drought for a good 25 years or so.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I had no clue what Florida would be, but I guess Hooters is pretty popular. Worst fucking wings in the world, though.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
MN is dumb like mentioned above. Dairy Queen, General Mills and 3M are also from here.

Combined with Target and Best Buy........Pillsbury makes no sense.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty much nailed Oregon, only other thing I could see it being is maybe Intel and thats a pretty big maybe.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Alabama's is pretty dumb, imo. Company randomly moves it headquarters to Birmingham in the 90s apparently and that is why it is "from Alabama," even though it obviously made a name for itself in NYC first.

Edit: It has since moved its headquarters to NYC as well.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It's not just for seafood. Put that shit on fries, chicken, use it in rubs for ribs and steak, the uses are endless.

I brought a massive tub of it overseas and shared it with some foreign, third-world savages and it changed their lives.

I've never heard of most of these companies: Taco John's, Allsup's, Cummins, Peavey, Gino's, and several others.
Taco Johns is like Taco Bell....except their beef is fresh and cooked in house.

Their food is better quality....but Taco Bell tastes better if that makes any sense.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Yeah, I'd definitely put Microsoft ahead of Starbucks for Washington for being recognizable.
I dunno, when you are in Seattle you cannot sit at a Starbucks without looking out the window at another Starbucks. Although I immediately thought of Microsoft when I saw the premise but I figured that was because of my "techy" side. Could have also gone Amazon or Boeing for WA. Or hell, maybe even Costco...

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
While Microsoft is clearly the bugger company I would say Starbucks is more recognizably from Washington than Microsoft.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Taco Johns is like Taco Bell....except their beef is fresh and cooked in house.

Their food is better quality....but Taco Bell tastes better if that makes any sense.
My town has taco johns but no taco bell. Taco John's has Potato Ole's (spicy tater tots) that are awesome. I miss the hot sauce from taco bell though, I can't believe that Taco John's doesn't get some. They will give you some salsa but that is not the same thing at all.

Kinner

Clear eyes. Full Hearts. Can't lose.
Mmmm Allsup's fried burrito. That thing will cure any hangover.

" As another industry innovation, to solve that problem, they simply turned the drink machine around so the customer could make their own. The self-serve fountain drink, one of the first in the country, became wildly popular, and the Tallsup and burrito became the combo of choice."