Mother! (2017)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I feel like "Joy" would have been J-Laws first bomb.

As for the trailers/it not being a horror movie, I feel like the first trailer (and I think only trailer) I saw months ago made it seem like more of a thriller. But the trailer they were clipping from in the RLM video was definitely a bait and switch trailer. It reminded me of the later trailers for "It Comes at Night". I loved the movie, but avoided trailers after the first and saw the movie in a theater of people definitely waiting for a monster to show up and were very disappointed at the end. But the discussion of modern "quiet" horror movies vs bombastic Blumhouse offerings is for a different thread.

Critically, Joy hit.

It also had the Academy Award nominations to boot. Its kind of hard to call something a bomb when you win a Golden Globe for Best Actress, no? The release timing had much to do with Joy not finding box office success.

Whereas mother! is a commercial and critical failure. Colossal difference unless some nominations pull through, or somehow critics relent.

I did enjoy Jennifers boobs though.

Nuff said. That is a tight piece with a great body. And reason enough alone to check this film out. Anyone on this forum would have a chance with her, as the Hollywood humdrum is that she has fucked her way to success and is a total thotty.

I mean ANYONE.

Last edited: