Motorcycle Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
First thought: ya, interest rates suck unless we're talking money market accounts.

Second thought: wait, 10K down?? How much are (admittedly premium with Aprilia) liter class sportbikes going for these days?? $26K for the 'factory' trim?? YEESH

Third thought: I had a 2000 RSV Mille Aprilia. It really was a fantastic bike. Went like a Ducati with the reliability of a Honda and arguably better looks than either. With just an Akro can on it it sounded like it should be sitting on the WSB grid. Magnificent.

Fourth thought: what are these new ones putting out? 190HP??? Dayum. Hope these fancy new electrons can handle that, because even 20 years ago me wouldn't have been able to deal with that much poke very well, methinks.

Fifth thought: 20 years ago me would probably scoff at that notion and also current me's great satisfaction with my 25 year old Harley. Current me is amazed at how much fun can be had even at low speeds on that thing, but also glad that sportbike skills were learned early and apply to this current hulking beast.
I paid 22k for my s1000rr 2 years ago. That's my favorite sport bike ever. The Aprilla just has a more aggressive seating position that I kinda want for speed days. Electronics are top tier now with these bikes. Pushing just over 200hp with my s1000 with all its upgrades. It rides like a dream. 25 years ago I bought a R1 for 11k lol. That was a beast.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Posted this in the vehicle you drive thread and didn't know this thread existed till now. Here's the motorcycle I cruise around on.

1000000770.jpg

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
How tall are you? I'm 6'2" and I think that would be terribly uncomfortable for me.
They are low profile. They're a retro build of the 1940's bobber style. I'm 5'6 and easily flat foot this thing and then some.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user