Motorcycle Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
2021-kawasaki-zx10r-zx10rr-leak-spy-shots-3-600x450.jpg

ooph ... ya that is uuuugly

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
SmartSelect_20201223-144347_Facebook_1114567938346906.jpg

Oh my. My body might be ready but same cruiser issue that wind will be unpleasant at 90mph on highway and windshield options ugly or create worse buffetin.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, I came to the conclusion naked/cruiser guy. I sold the street triple as much as I liked it but I found myself on the 650gs way more often than not. Will prob look to upgrade from the 650gs come spring time. 3 bikes are on the hmmmmm list right now, 1250gs, Multistrada Enduro and 790 adv r. I've wanted the 790 for awhile but I've been eyeing the others lately more so. Once the vaccine hits I can see taking a long vacation and riding out west to visit friends in OR sprinkled with shows/festivals and camping the way there and back

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Trails are weird to, you have to think like a kardashian. knowing the gaps may look wide enough from the front but not for the rear.
--FortNine

Never change FortNine, never change

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Did the Terminator ride a crotch rocket? Nope? Then it's not a motorcycle. The only motorcycle is the fat boy :)

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I love these edgelord posts.
Edgelord would be I hope you get gang raped by a outlaw MC club, merely calling you the cringiest degenerate cuck faggot around these days is just a generic putdown.

• 1Solidarity

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
First attempt at a trackday this year. My generator wouldn’t start, probably gelled up carb from sitting for so long. “Ok, this will be fun on slicks without warmers...”

Then that cascaded into me checking on my fuel level and not putting the cap back on before riding to get air for my front tire.

Spectacular morning and ending my day after half a session.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
First attempt at a trackday this year. My generator wouldn’t start, probably gelled up carb from sitting for so long. “Ok, this will be fun on slicks without warmers...”

Then that cascaded into me checking on my fuel level and not putting the cap back on before riding to get air for my front tire.

Spectacular morning and ending my day after half a session.
Carb in the generator was a bit gummed up, made it worse when I soaked the pilot jet in carb cleaner and fried the orings on it. Bought a new carb from the manufacturer for $30, still didn’t work. It was getting spark (pulled the plug and checked), air was coming out the exhaust when I pulled the cord, should be getting gas from the brand new carb. “I wonder what the valves look like, let me just pull the cover and see” *intake valve rocker just flips over off the valve* “That ain’t right, wait, is the pushrod just laying in the hole next to everything? What, how?” Put the rod back ito place under the rocker and the generator starts up halfway through a pull.

I turned it off 9 months ago and somehow the intake pushrod just fell off the cam and rocker...

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
If your bike (or engine, for mowers/weedeaters and such it's great) has no catalytic converter, consider using Avgas for over the winter storage. It doesn't go bad no matter how long it sits, and anything with higher compression will love it. You'll save all kinds of money on seals going bad, carb rebuilds, etc etc, even though the gas itself is more expensive. Older engine fuel seals and gaskets never had ethanol in mind when they were made, and I'm actually convinced most of the newer stuff gets eaten too just more slowly. Give it a try, you won't regret it :emoji_thumbsup:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I wonder if I'll get to ride at all before it gets hot, it's rained almost every single day this spring.

• 1Solidarity

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Well, we’re going through a heatwave here. So I made the brilliant decision to sign up for a track day the first weekend of July. I’ll probably be dead of heat stroke 4 sessions in.

Fucker

Log Wizard
If your bike (or engine, for mowers/weedeaters and such it's great) has no catalytic converter, consider using Avgas for over the winter storage. It doesn't go bad no matter how long it sits, and anything with higher compression will love it. You'll save all kinds of money on seals going bad, carb rebuilds, etc etc, even though the gas itself is more expensive. Older engine fuel seals and gaskets never had ethanol in mind when they were made, and I'm actually convinced most of the newer stuff gets eaten too just more slowly. Give it a try, you won't regret it :emoji_thumbsup:
It is amazing how shit modern pump gas is, all so some fat-assed corn growers can make money at our expense.

• 1Truth!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It was an amazing 70 degrees yesterday morning in Dallas, I got up at 6am and went for a two hour ride before traffic started up. It was really fucking nice.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Anyone know what the passenger laws are? My 13 year old who is not yet 5 feet tall wants to get on with me, and I have no idea what the laws are. I'm in Indiana.

Anyone? I'm not having a lot of luck with google.

• 1Potato